Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Halo 2

Another Halo dream, initiating on Earth. I am at my house talking to neighbours, some who are colleagues at work, others people I do not know.

The Flood has been released into my dimension (a parasitic lifeform that take control of people's physical form and disfiguring them.

I must try to protect my family. I am both afraid but determined.

The dream then jumps to fighting the flood in a building. The fighting is set in set repetitive stages.

First I walk into a room. It is full of people who are afraid. They know what is coming but don't know where to run. There is a sealed door on the other side of the room. Every time the sealed door bursts open and the Flood come pouring in.

I have to try to protect the people in the room. I have two weapons - a shotgun and a machine gun. Different guns have a stronger effect on different types of the Flood. I am figuring out which gun to use on what type of the Flood.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Halo 2

Rook,
Floods in dreams often refer to 'floods of emotions' associated with current life experiences. The family you are trying to protect, while possibly referring to actual waking experiences, probably symbolizes the collective aspects of your psyche you are wanting to protect. In other words you are not wanting this one emotional issue to invade other aspects of your life. The flood is in a building, the building being you, the layers of 'floors' that make up your total psyche.

It has been described a room is one aspect of who you are. Fear is an emotional issue we all encounter sometime in life. Your dream is probably confronting an emotional issue that threatens your entire being. You are holding back the emotions {sealed door} but on occasion that door, those feared emotions, burst through. This may indicate actual 'bursts' of emotions in your waking life.

The different weapons {both seem to be weapons that shoot scattered ammunition instead of a weapon that shots a single bullet}. This may be a reference to how to address this current emotional situation. Trying to figure out from all the 'scattered' emotions which fits best with the current issue.

What issues in your waking life rule your emotions? The dream is addressing those issues, probably with the intent to let you know how deep these emotions are. Consciously you may not be aware of how deep these emotions go. I sense an attitude of holding back certain emotions so not to let them be seen outwardly. Does that fit with your current life's experiences?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hey Jerry

I can see how your suggestions could relate to my current life. The emotions which are held back would be emotions of anger or frustration in my relationship. When I have voiced such emotions in the past it always ends up messy.

I am sure being a male you would understand putting your foot in it. In your head when you try to explain why you are upset it seems to you to make sense and be understandable but once those words hit the air it becomes twisted and contorted into a fight.

So at the moment rather than expressing when I am upset or frustrated I hold those emotions back from the surface to ‘maintain the peace’ so to speak. It’s not healthy, but I need to find a way of letting these emotions out without it resulting in a fight.

Cheers,
Rook

Rook,
I agree, you do need to find a way to let the emotions out. If you don't there is a good chance they will continue to boil inside until they do explode. If they are emotions that are superficial, something that bothers you because of your own preferences and not so much as your partner's attitudes, then I suggest physical fitness. Working out physically has been my release mechanism for some 30+ years and has gotten me through so many tough situations. Of course physical fitness is important no matter the grounds for the conflicts in your relationship.

On the other hand, if these are deep emotions having to do with the attitudes of your spouse {and your opposition to them} there will come a time when you will have to deal with it. I believe in looking at things objectively, finding their source and then summing up the situation through thought and eventually discussion. It often requires a wise self, tolerant and willing to listen, to do so. Approaching your partner and suggesting you need to talk things over in a calm and mature manner would be a good start. If there is resistance to that then perhaps the conflicts in the relationship are beyond repair. But I suggest you go the extra 10 miles before coming to that conclusion. Determining if you have the willingness to find solutions may be as important as getting your partner to discuss them. Examining your own attitudes, something that is akin to a true 'Individuation', and discovering the roots to your opposition is an important aspect of the wise self. Is it you who is to blame, is it her, or is both of your attitudes? {of course the last is almost always the answer}. Determine your own ground for the conflicts and then approach your partner with a true attitude of wanting to heal the wounds instead of engaging in conflicts. That is the wise self in its maturity. The wise self is maturity.

Do you have children? If so they should be the first and foremost in your considerations. If not then the situation may be dire but the ramifications less so. Remember, a child's earliest years are almost always the foundations for the rest of their lives. Conflicts early in life often determine how they respond later on in life. If you look at your own childhood you will discover experiences that have formed yoyr personality as an adult. We all have such experiences, it is a part of the individual evolution into adulthood.

Jerry

Hey Jerry

Thanks for your input and you are definitely on the money. I to use physical exercise where I can. I have struggled for a couple of years to find the time though. The only time I get free out of work and domestic duties is after 9:30pm. There aren’t any gyms open, and its not the best idea to run around late at night on the streets.

But thanks to the Nintendo Wii I have found a way of exercising in the comfort of my own home and managed to break it into a regular routine which has seen a vast improvement to my life. I am also hoping to take up hockey again next year as my financial situation is improving (it costs a lot to play hockey down under considering we have to make an artificial icey atmosphere – refrigeration costs are immense).

That said, I do not feel that channelling this emotion into physical exercise is a solution to this particular issue. I think it does relate to opposing attitudes between the two of us. I don’t feel that going separate ways is necessary, far from it. Not just because children are involved, but I think we are not ready to face this yet on a personal level. We both still have some growing to do before we are ready to reach that point.

See to begin with, I am not sure at this stage we are capable of discussing our issues in a calm and mature manner. Emotions will take control. But since I have become aware of these issues I have seen a gradual improvement in our abilities to relate to each other in high stress – high emotion situations. I feel we have many many miles to go before we would reach a point where the relationship were beyond repair. In fact to be honest it is not all that broken in my eyes. More the occasional spat which is quite universal in my experience.

In terms of my deep personality I will usually go to extraordinary lengths to avoid conflict, but it seems we are drawn to engaging in conflict, and we both seem to think the other is initiating the conflict. The true answer is that we both have our different needs, priorities and agendas and we both want to get our way, which is of course impossible.

I play the role of a Hero / Victim and will put aside what I want (which is usually to relax and unwind) and take her out / take over domestic duties so she can relax. But because I do this I will start acting in a negative manner, start acting hard done by, playing the victim. This extends to the weekend. I would like to unwind from the weeks work but the social and domestic dragons mean I don’t really get to sit down and relax.

I think the biggest issue for me is lack of R&R time. I got used to R&R in my student days, but I sense that finding the balance of R&R and domestic duties all comes down to part of escaping the mother complex, something I feel is quite prudent in my present life.

Thanks Jerry, I think this has brought to the front some pertinent issues in my life.

Cheers,
Rook

Rook,
Thanks for the detailed reply. I will provide a proper response this weekend.

It is good to hear you are able to move forward in how you approach the conflicts in your relationship. I see it as a true indication of maturity. From experience I have found that maturity doesn't naturally come with age, we have to apply the proper approach to life's conflicts to be able to achieve a higher level of consciousness, one that results in that proper balance and harmony we seek in of life. And every aspect doesn't need to be perfect in every detail. But a measure of undrestanding and control in each aspect does seem to bring about the best results. Knowledge {gnosis} provides the nourishment we need to grow. Again, a natural process, offering so many choices to which path to follow. In that respect I think how fortunate we are to have discovered Jung's Process of Individuation to lead us in our journey.

Jerry

Rook,
The one lesson I have learned from my studies of the psyche is 'controlling the emotions' is the great task in the hero journey. It is when the emotions control the life that our greatest conflicts begin. Taking control of the emotions by understanding the underlying reasons for the emotional conflicts is key to living a balanced and harmonious life.

That being said, it is a difficult task to take control. Some people are incapable of doing so. But the journey to wholeness is a journey to emotional balance. Taking one aspect of the individual life at a time, dissecting the emotional values to each aspect, discovering the underlying motivations, and then disciplining oneself to better control that particular emotion. That is the hero journey in a nutshell.

The hero path is a psychological journey

Dreams are about the emotions. Discover the emotional aspect within the life and you will begin to understand the process of the nightly dream. The therapeutic value of dreams is to help sort through the emotional baggage. The symbolic language of dreams is a direct comment on the emotional life. Understanding the dream is to understand the emotional life beyond the subjective process of ego. Dreams are objective first and foremost, that third person looking upon the life and seeing what is really there. Emotionally.

As far as you need to go to rectify the emotional conflicts with your partner, you have already traveled a distant path to understanding there are emotional barriers to overcome. For many that is never realized, and thus a solution to the conflict never comes. Being aware, that is the biggest step in bringing about a solution. Now all that is needed is discipline to continue to seek answers to the problems that exist between you and your partner.

I dare say discipline is, or will become, a strong point in your personality. You have already demonstrated a willingness to be open to all possibilities. You have the tools to succeed and by staying the course {the hero path} you will find the answers to whatever conflicts that come about in your life. I have no doubt about that.

Jerry

Awesome Jerry!

Thanks for your words of encouragement and guidance.

I can see the need for improvement in my personal discipline, but now that I am aware of that I catch myself when I am being undisciplined. Now that I am aware of the signs I am able to set my jaw and be apply that discipline that has guided me in other areas of my life. I can see the potential for self-development that is there, and am working on it, though I admittedly have a ways to go.

Thanks again,
Rook

Rook,
We all have a ways to go. In is a lifetime progression, this personal growth endeavor. I find it sobering though that so many people past the age of 45 have yet to mature as they should. I know I didn't begin to fully mature until I started my journey to wholeness {via Jung's Individuation Process}. I see it as a comment on the cultural experiences as well as a lack of proper parenting. And it isn't getting any better. But alas, we can only improve ourselves and by being examples hopefully influence others to seek to do so. Personal growth, spiritual growth requires discipline and fortitude. There is a great lack of each in today's world.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present