Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Riding with Jesus

Dear Forum,

May I have some feedback on this dream? Thanks.

Blessings,
Rose

I dreampt last night I was with Jesus. He was driving a car, and I was in the passenger seat. He was tall, slender, handsome, with long, dark brown hair and I guess a beard, although I don’t recall that detail very clearly. He was quiet and gentle. Other people were in the car, too. I was surprised to be there, I think, because it took me awhile to warm up to conversation with him. But as I did, he told me something surprising. He said he was sick. I think he said he had cancer. I said, “How can that be? You have a glorified body? I thought once you had a glorified body you could never get sick again.” He explained that even in heaven there is illness and disease. The difference is that there is no impediment to healing. I was a little doubtful, but tried my best to reason it out. “So, I guess that makes sense. Because cancer cells aren’t really ‘disease;’ they are just moving too fast. If you don’t judge them as disease you can simply ask them to return to normal.” Or something like that. I don’t recall exactly what I said, but not judging was key to healing, wholeness health.

Then he said, “I think tomorrow something really great is going to happen for you.” He said more about what it would be. I don’t know how to put it into words, but it was a feeling of a great blessing or boon coming my way that could be material and spiritual both. I say something like that’s wonderful, and he comments, “Well, it’s because your faith is growing.” I say, “Oh, please don’t tell me it’s dependent on my faith! I hate having to depend on faith! What if I lose it?” I’m sort of half joking, half serious about it, thrilled faith is so important to success and joy and all the good things of life and on the other hand wishing good things would just plain old happen and not be so dependent on me or my attitude.

Then we were in a building. It was light, airy, contemporary. It had small rooms in it with beds. So maybe a hostel or convent or monastery. He and I were sitting in a little nook and I said, “Have you heard of orbs? I want to show you the pictures I took of you because they are full of orbs.” So I snuggle into his shoulder (he’s sitting on my right), and he puts his arm around me. I show him a picture of him. It’s night. He’s sitting in a convertible in front of a house. The full moon is directly in front of the house, and we watch it move down in front of the house until it merges with Jesus. As it merges a crescent of it becomes red. This happens several times. I comment I’ve never seen an orb like this, or a picture like this, where movement would occur even though it was a still shot. Then I show him a little video, and in this one three little orbs cluster and dance together. Jesus is in the scene, and it’s as if they are watching him.

Jesus then lifts my right hand to his lips and kisses it. He says, “You’re beautiful.” I say, “thank you.” We both then stand up and awkward as teenagers kiss. He is a bad kisser and his mouth tastes funny. I’m shocked and embarrassed. I want to move forward with this, but I don’t know what to do about this because I know it won’t be very appealing to make love. He says, “Shall we meet in room 206?” I say, “Well, yes. It’s an empty room for two.” I know this room is like a little room in a convent or monastery. Very spare with just a bed and maybe a little writing desk. Then he excuses himself to go to the bathroom. He asks if I’d like to go in first but I’ve suddenly busied myself with organizing something. So I say, “No, you go first.” I think he’s just going to the bathroom but I hear him taking a shower.

I wake up then.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52, Chicago, IL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Riding with Jesus

Rose,
Beautiful dream. I'll have to run to do some work this morning but I will provide more thoughts later today. Kristi may want to get in on this one since it is such an impressive dream.

Look at Jesus as being a part of you. Then look at the Dream Dictionaries and see the possibilities of what it might mean to see Jesus in a dream.

As for the healing. Look at that not specifically of the body but the entire psyche, or emotionally. That would include spiritually also. The faith may be more about yourself than religion. The moon may represent wholeness {orb-circle} and it is more prone to be a feminine aspect {it has a lot of influence on the feminine-the tides of the seas affecting 'Mother Earth', the menstrual cycle of women}. If you are not one who has a great need for faith {join the club} then that aspect again may be about having faith in yourself and little to do about religion. Achieving wholeness psychologically which will and can provide healing to the body.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Rose,
I believe the dream is focusing on your spiritual Self and perhaps a need or desire to simplify things in your life. The simplification idea comes from the last paragraph. The small room for two, simple possessions. Embracing Jesus, or rather embracing your spiritual Self seems to be the main theme of the dream. Are you in the process or have you given thought to such ideas of simplification, embracing a more spiritual Self? If you are engaged in Jung's 'Individuation Process then you are indeed engaged in such activities since the spiritual aspect is central to finding wholeness and balance in life.

But to find that center you must first eliminate the ego-centered self as the controlling agent. That may be the point of Jesus going to the bathroom {remember Jesus is a part of you, is you}. Jesus goes to the bathroom {process of elimination} before you in the dream. You are still in the process of 'organizing' yourself in order to obtain wholeness/balance in your life.

Where are you in your inward search for wholeness? This dream seems to be addressing that aspect of your life, of course a very important one to be sure.

The definition of spiritual in Jung's approach: Spiritual refers to the experience of being related to or in touch with an 'other' that transcends one's individual sense of self and gives meaning to one's life at a deeper than intellectual level.

In a spiritual experience, one encounters something larger or greater than oneself. The 'other' that one encounters need not be conceptualized in tradition religious terms. In some important way the experience gives meaning to one's life and helps define who one is in the relation with the world. The experience of the 'other' is felt at a level deeper than merely the intellectual.
Jung's approach, which we share when we are engaged in the 'Individuation Process', views the unconscious as the medium through which spiritual experiences occur.
At a deeper level is the collective unconscious, which contains basic, instinctive patterns of behavior, emotion, and imagery that are common to all humans. These are Jung's archetypes. They guide and give meaning to our interactions with other people and the world. They are the 'other' that we encounter in spiritual experiences.

An archetype functions like a template in the unconscious mind, giving rise to a diversity of symbolic images and expressions that enter consciousness through myth, dreams, religious images, and spontaneous fantasies.
From Herbert W. Schroeder The Spiritual Aspect of Nature: A Perspective From Depth Psychology

And I wish to focus on something I believe to be a vital tool in the search for the spiritual identity {and is pointed to in this article}. That is the creative Self, an aspect when realized and lived provides true meaning to life.

Note: The above link is a wonderful but brief paper that defines a lot of Jung's concepts of the unconscious

The above seems to fit well with your dream experience.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Dear Jerry,

Thanks for sharing your insights. I especially appreciate pointing out the call to simplicity. This year I have spent much time contemplating the concept of chastity and purity, as in "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Certainly, being alone in a monastic cell with Jesus is a good example of that sort of simplicity and purity.

I thought a bit about the moon merging with Jesus. Since the moon is reflective, I thought perhaps it meant Jesus was reflecting back to me what needs to be healed. In keeping with what you were saying, he was reflecting back the need to be purified of the ego, for instance. The awkward kissing and bad taste...well, I'm not certain about that part, except maybe I need to reflect on who recently has left a bad taste in my mouth and how as that affected my spiritual journey. Maybe the simplification called for is letting go of that person/experience.

Blessings,
Rose

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52, Chicago IL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present