Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upsetting Intercourse

I feel to be of the age of a young adult. I am aware of my sister Kallen in the dream, of feeling she is causing some upset while I am having sex with a man. I see him as a foreigner, of Asian descent, handsome and clean of ethics and morals, positive and well intentioned. We are interrupted by the upset caused by Kallen. We try to have sex again. The passion is there, but he tells me, just simply and matter of factly, I am not hard now. I don’t feel let down by this. It is a mature, understanding and accepting exchange of communication.

Next, Kallen and I are going up some flights of stairs, to meet someone in an upper level apartment. I don’t now feel that Kallen is upset. She is communicating something to me. I feel she has/contains something that the man I was having sex with gave her. Whatever this is, I feel it tells of/holds the key to his sentiments for me. I wonder some why Kallen would have this, what it is. But I also feel that it communicates/links me positively with Kallen. Next, I am transported to seeing an image of a good-looking, radiant, and intelligent blond-haired man, no less positive and well intentioned than the Asian man.

I feel certain I know what this dream is about, but I would like input if any feel inclined to understanding/insight.

Note: Kallen = the part of me that was sexually abused by my father.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Upsetting Intercourse

Kristi,
I like it fair to say the sex with the foreign gentleman is pure metaphor and is addressing a symbolic association to some aspect of your psyche. Could the foreigner, of Asian descent be about something foreign or distant in your life? A masculine aspect that may need to be incorporated more usefully into your life. This aspect probably has to do with morals and ethics and perhaps some masculine aspects are lacking in that general area {I tend to swear at bad drivers when driving, something I need to work on}.

Then there is your sister. Are some of these possible lacking qualities identifiable in her? In the dream she is communicating something to you which may reflect similar qualities. And something that ties both of you to the same masculine qualities. What is it that does link you with Kallen that would involve masculine qualities.

Inquiring minds need to know.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Upsetting Intercourse

Hi Jerry,

Yes, sex with the forgein man is metaphor. In the dream, I feel I know him very well, am very comfortable with him, but something, that Kallen holds for me, interrupts, upsets our attempts at sexual union.

All in all, I feel he, as well as the blond-haired image at the end of the dream, is reflective of a developing masculine/animus aspect.

In the first part of the dream, with the foreigner (who, really, does not feel "foreign" to me), I feel that Kallen wants my attention, calls my attention...that I am not giving her some attention she needs.

How Kallen, in my dreams, came to be reflective of the part of me that was abused, is a long story. But I know, clearly, this is what her image speaks to.

Going up the stairs with her? I did not include that this action felt helpful, that we were going to receive help. So, going up the stairs = bringing something into consciousness that will help me.

The feelings I have for Kallen, at this time, in the dream, are very positive, that she links me positively, holds the key to, not only the foreign "appearing" man but also with the blond man (who is a repeating symbol in my dreams - always radiant, numinous).

At this point, I have no feelings of judgment for Kallen ... the me who was abused.

As I child, I, unconsciously, dumped all of my shadow onto my sister, Kallen. My dreams have been many in showign this. She was the one of my three sisters that I (as a child) saw (projected onto) as having "liked" sex, hence, in my young mind, having liked what my father did to his daughters. I did not see any expressions of pain in her, something that was revealed in my and my other two sisters' expressions in life. I blamed Kallen (blamed myself, really) for being a sexual creature. I wanted to NOT be like her. I wanted to NOT like sex ... for it might have meant that I liked what my father did to me as a child ... and I did not want to like that, let alone like my father, at all. The longer story is that my mother blamed the sexual abuse on us girls ... made us feel dirty, bad, shameful, for having bodies that my father was sexually attracted to. So, there developed in me an inner mother that said "sex is bad," you are bad.

It is said of women who have been sexually abused that they (often) become either sexually hypoactive or hyperactive. Neither were ever really true for me. I always sought (longed) for a deep and soulful connection. But, if we had to label me with one, it would be the hypoactive, for I (generally) never felt fulfilled in my sexual relationships, could not give myself to them. It did not mean for me that I did not "feel." Quite the contrary, I have always been very passionate and my sexual feelings/appetite has been very strong, works very well...but it has never been quite right, never what it could be, in expression in relationship. I never allowed myself to enjoy it.

Next, in my dreams, after this one, is one that clearly shows I am working on forgiveness ... forgiving myself for what was blamed on me as a child and how that effected my esteen as a woman.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present