Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gunman At School

in the dream,

i was at a school.

i was standing outside with a large number of other "students" i guess.

then someone yelled "he's got a gun"

everyone was running here and there and then i saw the gunman.

and of course...he comes after me.

i started panicking and running.

i came to a fence on the property of the school and i jumped over the fence.

beyond the fence was some shrub so i started pushing myself as far as i could into the bushes.

as all this happened though, i still felt the gunman was right on my tail.

as i looked back from the bushes, i saw the gunman really trying hard to look for me.

it was frigtening.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Gunman At School

Again, Dan,

It is too hard to provide a good interpretation without knowing more about you, when the dream occurred, and what was going on in your life at the time.

Obviously, something was causing you to feel greatly threatened. Determining what it is will only come from your exploring the details of your life, more.

And Dan, BTW, are these all old dreams you are posting?

Best wishes,
Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

yes this dream is from a couple of months ago.

the night before i had this dream...i had learned that someone talked negatively about me behind my back in prior associations with that person.

the person was of the opposite sex of the gunMAN though...does that matter?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

It may well be (probably is) related to learning of the friend who talked of you, BUT the gunmen would likely be a shadow aspect of your own self. It would not matter that the inner response (reflected in your dream gunman/shadow man) was the opposite sex of the person who's actions instigated your feeling response. Your inner response (shadow, as shown in the dream) is one of, oh, say, persecution, "someone has it out for me," kind of feeling and worry in response to learning that the acquaintance spoke negatively of you. I can understand it causing a lot of fright, for conversely, the same feelings of rejection or betrayal (stirred when learning the other spoke negatively of you) are very sad ... and it is these kinds of pains in our world that drive people (children, young adults, and oder ones, too) to do things such as the Columbine Massacre ... and other shooting rampages that we have heard of in news headlines. But, again, Dan, these feeling responses were not learned when you became aware of the friend speaking negatively of you. They were learned earlier in life. Dream work, and unraveling all it speaks to, takes lots of loving patience with ourselves. You seem to be going through a lot of introspection. Do you have social support? Someone you can talk to about your inner feelings?

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present