Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why did I have a plesant dream last night when I've only ever had nightmares?

It goes like this:

I was laying in a hammock at night and being gently swayed by a dark figure with a blue aura. There was sweet breeze blowing and in the hammock with me were dozens of fluffy kittens napping and cuddling me all over and rubbing all over my face. I was so happy and at peace that I felt a warmth in my chest and could have cried. I had this dream the same night I began writing my suicide note. I never have good dreams they are mostly nightmares and the rest neutral.

I think its odd that I would have a positive feeling from a dark figure because whenever I see them in other dreams, or in the real world standing over me when I suddenly awake, I only feel terror and danger... although, those figures have never had a blue aura.

For some reason I want to interpret this as an angel trying to comfort me.
What do you guys think it means?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22 Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Why did I have a plesant dream last night when I've only ever had nightmares?

Judith,

"I had this dream the same night I began writing my suicide note. I never have good dreams they are mostly nightmares and the rest neutral."

Please clarify...you dreamt you were writing a suicide note?

You were writting a suicide note in real life and then you had this dream?

Since there is a significant time lag I will have to address both possibilities until you clarify. The meanings are signficiant either way.

If you were dreaming of writing a suicide note it could possibly mean that there is some aspect of yourself that (rightly) or (wrongly) {AND NOT YOUR PHYSICAL BODY} that is or needs to be released for transformation, but perhaps your approach to it is hasty. It could be a relationship, a friendship, a complex of feelings, or an aspect or side to your personality that no longer serves the life giving nature of the psyche and the energy is asking to be released but it needs to be done in a creative and life affirming way. Is there something in your life that is making you feel like *you* want to die? Perhaps its not even *you* that wants to die, but some aspect in your life or in your psyche calling out for attention and change. The other symbols in your dream can point to this.

I have no doubt that on one level, it was indeed an angel. The dark figure with a blue aura for some reason evoked for me the archetype of Lucifer the light bringer, or if you will...the devil....someone who is tempting you or somethin that is tempting you and how you respond to the temptation will lead you either to the light or to darkness...in this case because you embraced life, or rather were embraced by life, symbolised by warm affectionate little kittens, you had positive feelings that gave you peace. Blue is the colour of the throat chakra, the chakra that governs communication but more deeply governs your voice. By your voice I mean YOUR VOICE. What do you need to speak out. What do you need to tell the world. What creative energies do you have to manifest. What is your truth? The answers to these questions are only going to lead you back to who you are, to wholeness, to life, to peace.

You always have nightmares? This is a sign of activity in the psyche trying to balance out your internal life and your outer life.

The dark figure can also be a shadow figure...a part of you, that has the ability to heal you and give you a voice that has long been held back and kept silent...

Blue is also the colour of sadness, of spirit, of air and water and sky...

The kittens could be your instincts, your instincts for life, for warmth, for preservation, for innocence, for affection, and those things exactly are what you need to express to feel better....even if its for a pet or a plant or a friend....

What is going on Judith, and does any of this help you?

What is going on in your outer life...where is the terror and fear really coming from? What dark figures do you see over you in the real world when you awake?

All the best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Why did I have a plesant dream last night when I've only ever had nightmares?

Certainly Angelic in my opinion. Blue is associated with the Holy Mother, comfort, security, protection. Like the sky, ever present, always there, for you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

HI KRISTI,

IT ITS ANGELIC WHY IS IT DARK???

LET US NOT NEGLECT THE SHADOW LEST WE PROJECT IT ON TO OTHERS AND CAUSE THEM HARM.

I SPENT SO MANY HOURS REFLECTING ON YOUR RESPONSES AND I IGNORED MY VOICE AND LET MYSELF ONLY HEAR YOURS. TO MY DETRIMENT. MY FATHER IS DEAD. MY BEST FRIEND IN LIFE, MY PROTECTOR, MY SUPPORTER, MY KIND, DEAR GIVING GENEROUS NOBLE HONOURABLE FATHER IS DEAD.

I AM SO SORRY I POSTED HERE AND I AM SO SORRY I LISTENED TO ALL YOUR CONFUSING POSTS AND WASTED THIS TIME I SHOULD HAVE JUST CALLED HIM THANK GOD I SENT HIM A LETTER AND ASKED FOR HIS HELP BECAUSE I BELIEVED HE IS MY HERO AND IS A GREAT FATHER HE WAS THAT AND ALWAYS WAS THAT. WHEN I WAS SO INTO THIS FORUM AND READING YOUR REPLIES I STARTED BELIEVING ALL THESE BAD THINGS YOU SAID AS IF YOU CAN JUSTIFY IT BY SAYING FROM WAHT I WROTE BEFORE.

WHAT I WROTE BEFORE AND WHAT MY DREAMS SAID IS NOT WHAT YOU WERE SAYING.

I THINK REALLY YOU ARE AN EVIL PERSON AND YOUR ISSUE WITH YOUR FATHER IS FAR MORE DAMAGING THAN YOU ARE WILLING TO FACE YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE A GOOD FATHER EVEN WHEN HE IS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES AND BECAUSE YOU WERE DEPRIVED OF SOMETHIGN IN YOUR LIFE YOU CAN'T STAND THAT ANOTHER HAD IT.

THAT IS WHAT I REALLY THINK.
I WISH I CALLED HIM AS SOON AS I HAD THAT DREAM ABOUT ANGRY MEN RATHER THAN LISTINING TO YOU AND YORU STUPID PROJECTIONS.

MY FATHER IS DEAD AND I DIDN'T TALK TO HIM BECAUSE YOUR INTERPRETATIONS MADE ME FREAK OUT.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38

Thanks May. I do have things I am struggling with in real life. Something is missing. Alot of things are missing. I was writing that note in real life that night. Warmth and affection is lacking and I didn't realize it could affect me so badly.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22 Texas

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present