Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On the Evolution of the Shadow

A stub from an article by Edward C. Whitmont. The full text can be found here:

http://www.usfca.edu/fromm/handouts%20spring%202009/tuesday/Garrett/Whitmont,%20garret%20wk%204.pdf

Ask someone to give a description of the personality type which he finds most despicable, most unbearable and hateful, and most impossible to get along with, and he will produce a description of his own repressed characteristics — a self-description which is utterly unconscious and which therefore always and everywhere tortures him as he receives its effect from the other person. These very qualities are so unacceptable to him precisely because they represent his own repressed side: only that which we cannot accept within ourselves do we find impossible to live with in others. Negative qualities which do not bother us so excessively. which we find relatively easy to forgive — if we have to forgive them at all—are not likely to pertain to our shadow.

The shadow is the archetypal experience of the "other fellow." who in his strangeness is always suspect. It is the archetypal urge for a scapegoat, for someone to blame and attack in order to vindicate oneself and be justified; it is the archetypal experience of the enemy. the experience of blameworthiness which always adheres to the other fellow, since we are under the illusion of knowing ourselves and of having already dealt adequately with our own problems. In other words. to the extent that I have to he right and good. he, she, or they become the carriers of all the evil which I fail to acknowledge within myself.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: On the Evolution of the Shadow

Thanks Kristi. When we begin to understand our shadow we begin to open doors to the deepest aspects of who we are as individuals. This article provides great insights to those qualities.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present