Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Such strong emotion

I know I am a bit young for your preference of dreams, but I've been told that my dreams are 'advanced' for a person my age so I hope you don't mind.

I'm not very emotional at all. Especially not when it comes to things in media ( movies, video games ect)
The other day I was watching something and suddenly I was hit with an overwhelming surge of emotions, It was different than simple empathy for the characters.
It was far more...personal, real.
It occurred to me that it was from a dream I had years ago.
The dream itself is more like a memory than a dream.
Because of these kinds of dreams I actually feel as though I have had experience and insight in certain events, that I shouldn't.
Some of these dreams have been so strong as to influence what my opinions and what I believe in, without my realizing it.
For ex example when asked why I uphold one of my strongest beliefs, I told them that I actually used to think VERY differently until something drastic happened that made me change, but couldn't remember what it is.
I later remembered that it was actually because of a dream. All that time I'd carried t with me as if it were just a part of my part of my life.
This has happened many times.

What I want to know is what is the point of these dreams? It's my understanding that dreams guide you through problems in your life using symbolism and metaphor.
Usually I'm good at making the connections, and picking out symbolism but these don't seem to have any hidden meaning.
Just a series of perfectly logical, lineal events. Like reading a book.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Such strong emotion

Hi Kaze

I can share the idea's that I have swipered off of others to shape my belief as to what dreams are. Well, not so much belief but idea. I am still an explorer, this is all a hobby for me.

From my point of view dreams are the communications that go back and forth between our unconscious mind, and our conscious. I think we are more than just what our conscious mind is. Sure we are shaped by it, but according to Jung the Self (as opposed to self - usually connected to consciousness) is made up of a lot of unconscious stuff as well. The shadow, all that we pretend not to be, and shove to the dark dingy recesses of our unconscious mind where it stores and festers over time. The anima/animus, the repressed alter-gender self that we repress because its not women/men are supposed to be.

A lot of this communication is in emotion. Feelings. I mean what are they really? They certainly aren't thoughts, something we control with our conscious mind. It is, imo strongly connected to the unconscious. And since to me dreams are that communication between conscious and unconscious then it only seems natural to me that associations with dreams could rouse such emotion.

On top of that, the unconscious I think has more control than we give it credit for. I get the feeling it helps shape how we react to events in our lives. What we believe comes down a lot to feeling. I mean you aren't truly 'taught' to believe things. It is an inner sense of knowing that this 'fits'. Hence I think that what you believe should be intimately linked to dreams.

I think dreams serve a purpose regardless to whether or not you remember them. I just think it can be very advantageous if you are able to remember and infer the commentary on the events of your life that your dreams present, it can help accelerate your personal growth I believe.

But again, this is all my opinions / beliefs on this subject, and I am certainly no professional, an amateur, and at that still a bit of a 'Rook'ie.

On the point of symbolism, I have learnt that all symbols have a hidden meaning. A lot of the time it takes focused thought to nut it out. You will know when it 'clicks'.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present