Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Astrange new dream

had a very interesting dream the other night. . I dreamnt I was outside, it was night time (not too late), on the ground I saw a reflection of light - similar to the reflection water makes... when I looked up, it was water. The sky was the ocean and it was so low I could almost touch it. What I saw frightened and confused me -- how could this happen? What did it mean? Would we run out of oxygen? What was that ocean which was now our sky, filled with? Was it the same ocean on our planet? Did we trade places with fish? Where we upside down?... In my dream, a friend I was with, had a different reaction -- she was curious, wanting to touch the water and see what was inside... I did reach up to touch it, it was water, but I asked them all to come back inside (and for my friend to stop sticking her head in the sky...) We came inside, thinking that the sky could fall, I locked the glass sliding door, and there was a splash (but I think I caused that by thinking about it...). That was the first part in my strange dream... the other part, I think our land turned mystical, and was in danger, I had to get an amulet that resided in an old river... the water was murky, dirty, but I had two friends who came to help me (which I think came from the ocean sky), they were smokey gray whales (I think), but small -- like the size of a 1 year old baby. And I knew they were a couple (male and female). They swam under water looking for the amulet. The male found it and he was trying to bring it to me. But as he was getting to close to the edge of a water fall -- I was on the edge leaning trying to grab the amulet from him -- a flying, evil creature flew up from the other side of the water fall and took it. My little friend (the male), started to go over the waterfall, fearing for his life, I reached out to him and saved him... I carried him back to his partner who was fearing for his safety. I placed him back in the water next to her and I could sense her relief, their love, and their worry for the loss of the amulet. I stroked them and said, "don't worry, we'll get it back" -- I had no clue how, or if we really could (I was still confused by everything that was happening), but seeing their love, reminded me of the power of good... we couldn't lose (even if we didn't get that amulet back)....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 San Diego, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Astrange new dream

Claudia,
A very profound dream. Such a dream is most likely addressing the core of who you are and seeking to inform you of this true identity. You have probably already begun to realize this and may be on a search for deeper meaning in your life. This may involve a spiritual and/or a creative search. And there seems to be a reluctance, or barrier to this aspect of 'meeting' your true Self.

Are you an introvert? It could be the reluctance or barrier is self imposed by natural 'selection'. Your evolution may be part of the hold that keeps you from being all you can be. If you possess a deeply introverted personality.

In the dream you are deep into the unconscious realm {ocean}. But this is your higher Self that is beckoning {sky}. You question whether this is the real you {same ocean on our planet}. Have you, or are you ready to change places with this deeper, true identity {trading places with the fish}?

There are opposites within {friend with different reaction}. There is that curious self, wanting to touch the deepest core of who you are {often this involves a spiritual aspect}. But there is resistance from the outer self {introversion perhaps, and/or outer forces having to do with life in general}. You go inside {again an introverted personality approach}. You are probably having thoughts of reaching out to your higher self, can visualize the greater possibilities {sliding glass door}. There is a reluctance or a barrier to reaching that higher plane.

Turning to the mystical. This is probably to do with exploring your deeper Self, perhaps spiritual, perhaps creative. You most likely have belief system that involves 'angels' or protecting hands {as in the mythical hands of fate watching over you}. This is your amulet. Whales often symbolize the 'intuitive' aspect of the psyche. And often have to do with spiritual aspects. The size {one year old baby} may indicate a new phase of life you are entering.

There seems to be an inherent fear of making a transition to that true Self {flying, evil creature}. But your sense of intuitive nature, a desire to reach your highest potential saves you. This desire, this quest for higher being is your true amulet {as with the Holy Grail being the true spiritual identity}. It is not an object but a psychological condition. Realizations of this, what you seek is within you, this is the unconscious speaking to you. To accept that deeper Self, there within is the love, the power of good, your true amulet.

Where are you in your life? Are you currently undergoing some type of transformation? Is the spiritual aspect something you have contemplated on recently? What about creative endeavors? Have you set goals and now beginning to really trying to accomplish them? I sense a turn inward, beyond an introverted condition. What chosen paths are you currently exploring? Is that a question that remains unresolved?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Astrange new dream

I'm fascinated by Claudia's dream (Oct 30?) At Dreams Landing (http://www.dreamslanding.org), we're developing a Dream Gallery which we hope will eventually include visual art and audio mini-dramas based on dream texts. (Full length audio dramas inspired by mythology and dreams are what we do.) We're interested not so much in interpretation as in experiencing the dream as a story, from the inside. And, Claudia, I'd love to be able to include the text of your dream in our Dream Gallery. Can I ask: what was the amulet like? How did the sky/ocean look? Did you actually touch it? Anything else, sensory, that particularly stood out? Thanks for sharing that beautiful, fascinating dream with us!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 - Portland, OR

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present