Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sparrow Dream

I dream I am caring for an ailing female sparrow. She's run into the side of a brick building and has a concussion. I think she is well enough to fly, so I let her go free. But she is weak, runs into the side of another building and falls to the ground. I try to revive her, but she dies as I watch. I'm heartbroken and break down sobbing.

The scene changes. I'm walking through my neighborhood with my husband when I spot a gorgeous Sparrow's nest. It's in perfect condition. I carefully remove it from the tree branch and carry it with me. I intend to take it home, shellac and keep it as a little bit of nature. But, I trip on a hole that's been hidden by some leaves and fall. The nest breaks. I'm angry and throw it away from me.

One connection I see in both scenes is that I wasn't observant enough to notice what was really happening. I didn't pay enough attention to see the bird was not well enough to fly. I didn't watch where I was going well enough to miss the hidden hole.

Other thoughts? Thanks!

Rose

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53, Chicago, IL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Sparrow Dream

Rose,
The sparrow would represent some aspect of yourself. And it seems to possess something you wish to have {nest in perfect condition}. But there are several large obstacles to obtaining this {tall buildings}. You are probably expressing a lot of frustration over the difficulty if achieving this goal. There are probably times of many emotions, even anger. You want to be free from those restraints that prevent you from this goal/possession.

It is hard to determine whether it is an outer thing you wish to possess {a perfect nest could represent that perfect place in your life, home and family} or an inner aspect. The inner aspect could have to do with the same desires but would be addressing the emotional aspects and not the literal possession of an object. I get the sense it is an inner space you are seeking.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Sparrow Dream

Thanks, Jerry. That makes a lot of sense. I'm always seeking to create inner space through meditation and prayer, for the Holy One. So your interpretation would fit. Blessings, Rose

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53, Chicago, il

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present