Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fragemented pieces that somehow connected...

its funny how the slightly more "normal" dreams bug me, i used to be good at working out what my dreams were trying to tell me/ what my subconcious was trying to tell me, but i dont seem so good at it anymore.
first of all, ive been having a lot of dreams where the person i love, but am no longer with, is always present, although they look the same, they dont really seem to be the same person, but i associate the character with him, he often acts extreemly arogantly and un willing to help me, but its never a serious thing. its always something i try to get other people to help me do but it always ends up being him who's the only one who can help, either he agree's and goes off to do it, and doesnt come back or he is really arogant towards me. we dont fight or have arguements, he's just sort of there all the time, it isnt an unpleasent there, but its not a nice one either. i wake up feeling unsettled an odd. sometimes i dream that im the one who has to help him, but its like an indirect thing. im not explaining it very well. hopefully you get the idea.
i had dreams like this on ocassion before we seperated. i know it isnt him... could it be that he's the figure that i assocate as my hero figure, but its an extention of myself so therefore represents the fact that if i cannot save myself, he cant either? that i rely upon others for things i need to do for myself?
i often dream of myself as a hero also, there are often epic quests i have to do, but i either act dumb and play along when i know that i could solve it easily if i wanted or i blatantly cant do whatever it is im ment to do. like when you try to hit someone in a dream but your arm goes all limp and floppy and its like hitting rubber with rubber and doesnt do anything at all.
i never see dreams through my own eyes, i play a character that represnts me, she never looks like me. sometimes i dream im male.
the dream im writting all this to get to has just one bit in it that i really cannot grasp. it started out in a hall, like small town hall with a nice wodern floor and a low roof with glass sliding doors (like the one's in my parents house where i am stayn at the moment), and im having a few beers with a a good friend i just got back in touch with whos male and my ex and his male friend who is my friend also and one or two other guys. the light is greyish somehow. my ex is being the arogant version, mostly ignoring me and acting like he's better than me, whenever he laughs he looks directly at me. its not a cold look, but its a 'i can laugh without you' kind of thing.
then all of a sudden its some sort of theatre group thing happening in the hall, the light isnt greyish anymore, its just ordinary. there is a woman running the group, its an improve thing. we are given a task of creating our adventurer character. i sit beneeth a stone statue thats a femine looking figure but it isnt clear in my mind what it looks like, i take a relaxed sort of position, leaning my arms on my thys and bending forward a bit with my head cocked looking slightly upwards to the figure. the lady goes round asking people about thier character, i cant think of how to describe what exactly my character is, but its okay because she doesnt ask me. i want to say im a wonder or something, like i just travel around...?
the mission is to find where this furry birdy creature ( looks like a man dressed in a mascot type costume ) comes from. and the quest is in another world. weather its my persona using her imagination or its stopped being just a game and is real i dont know, but i have that problem in real life too. :P but its a compition between all the people in the theatre troop to see who can complete the quest first.
i act dumb for half of it, then im missing a bit, but this is the bit that baffles me, suddenly i am on the back of a water creature, i think its on orca, i dont know, there are seals swimming sround us, they are helping somehow. everything is pretty dark, like the sky is black with no stars, there are cliffs behind me that are an intense brown, dark brown, but vibrant?
the water is really dark, but patches of it are a light blue, but they are really hard to see. and there is a big whale like thing chasing me, its not a shark but its got a shark like feel about it. the only way i noticed the water was a different colour in some places was because the creature following me couldnt go over some patches. but i could go over all of them, so we could go strait through, but the creature had to go around some patches, and some were really big. the creature is faster than us though, so occasionally it catches up and gets a seal. i get to the other side safely. its a stone/cliff fotress type looking thing.
and after that i dont know.
oh, the brown cliff had another adventure happen in it, in the same dream.
a collection of different paths amongst the cliff, they are acient, made by dragons. i am with a woman in her 30's-ish, and a few other females who are around my age.
some of the tunnel paths that the dragons have made have had entrances painted. one dragon tail has blue bits painted on certain entrances. another one has red. another always looks old and brittle, somehow looks like aciently old mental?
i dont seem to choose a specific path at all.
oh, and its by the beach and it all light, as opposed to the greyish light of the beginning and the darkness of being on the water.
so....
epic tale.
what do you think??

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, NZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: fragemented pieces that somehow connected...

Cerid,
Dreams reflect your true, inner most feelings. At your age it is likely the dream is focusing on those true feelings, the actions committed by that real person who is no longer in your life. But it is also pointing to that inner masculine where the help you seek is to be found within, and not from someone else. In your opening statement there is this line, "sometimes i dream that im the one who has to help him, but its like an indirect thing". That may suggest you need to take control {a masculine quality} and help yourself through the emotional conflicts. You state there is a tendency to seek dependence on others in times of emotional stress {that i rely upon others for things i need to do for myself?"}. That would be addressing personality traits, something dreams will do to point to out of balance personal traits.
This would be the first phase of the dream, which can be regarded as the exposition, where the initial situation (setting) is represented – already pointing at central conflict expressed in the dream.
In this instance it may be you are too dependent on others instead of resolving emotional issues yourself.

Seeing oneself as the hero is not uncommon in dreams. But the actions associated with the hero can point to central issues.
"i either act dumb and play along when i know that i could solve it easily if i wanted."
A lack of fortitude to solve the problems yourself?
This could be the central issue that the dream is focusing. Or at least part of the central theme. Another part would be the reasons for this attitude. That would have begun earlier in life, childhood influences.
Let's see if the dream takes us there.

"i never see dreams through my own eyes, i play a character that represents me, she never looks like me. sometimes i dream im male."

In dreams most the characters do represent you, especially unnamed or unrecognized persons. These are the different aspects that makeup who you are. Being a male in a dream would represent masculine qualities, your animus, those masculine tendencies all women possess {and all men possess feminine qualities as well}.

The 'adventurer character' in the dreams, this is the true person you need to be. This may be the second phase of the dream, the central changes needed to overcome your dependence on others. Leaving the confines of the known world {your dependence on others}, the hero set out to discover the true self that fulfills and balance the emotional life. You are the hero/heroine.
But there are always barriers/obstacles that get in the way of achieving these 'heroic' goals. And as in myth dreams will use monsters or creatures that will represent such obstacles to overcome.
This is the third stage of the dream, the culmination, the phase where the most critical things happen.
Thus, the dream adventure begins toward discovery. It is another world within your world, an unconscious view of who you are and those things that are out of balance in your life.

Dreams are therapeutic. They attempt to help you resolve emotional issues. Just like the immune system of the physical body that helps protect the body, the psyche, by way of nature, provides a mechanism to help the mind to overcome psychological imbalance.

The dialog in your dream about 'the mission is to find where this furry birdy creature' and all that follows is a statement of your quest/journey for balance. Except it use symbols and metaphor to describe your journey. Most of the language is vague on the surface but when examined and compared to the waking life {and understanding the symbolic/metaphorical references to that waking self}, it is merely a depiction in symbolic story of what is transpiring in your life, a true look at the self without the ego bias.

The final stage is the 'closure' or denouement {the final resolution or clarification of a dramatic or narrative plot}. Jung attributed extraordinary significance to the end of dream. The end of dream is so important, Jung held, because we cannot consciously influence on the outcome (i.e. change the end), and dreams so reflect the real situation.

The closure in your dream?
"i dont seem to choose a specific path at all."

You are still being too dependent on others in times of emotional stress. You fall to take the lead, the masculine traits that are lacking, and to change this dependency.

But there is light beneath the darkness of the unconscious fold.
"its by the beach and it all light, as opposed to the greyish light of the beginning".

By examining your dreams, and thus your own life, you have taken a big step in resolving this issue of dependency. The question is, will you fol ow the hero path that will lead you away from this dependency or will you follow the status qua, live life that is unfulfilled?

I don't see within this dream any references to the causation of your emotional dependency. That may show up in other dreams. Since the dream does have a statement about your parents house, that may be a fleeting reference to the causation of these personality traits, aspects that most always begin in childhood.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: fragemented pieces that somehow connected...

thankyou! yes, dependancy is a very big issue in my life! and its good to hear im trying to tell myself about it too :)
thats given me alot of answers ive been looking for and itsnt it ironic that i had them in myself all along?
guess its tie i find my own bliss to follow.
again, thankyou for reminding me to trust myself.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, NZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present