Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
broken rings

my rings are to me a big part of myself, they are really significant to me, they are part of how i potray myself.
i am the chinese zodiac of the snake.

in my dream, i was walking on the road i use to travel on to go to my ex-partners place, i meet a group of people on the way, one girl who i know but is not a friend of mine especially, just a friend of a friend. she and her group of mates invite me to come to thier place for a drink. the street has a chinese takeaway on the coner, we go down the street which is down a hill. there are ploice men, two of them, talking to a girl who looks alot like me, but i dont make the conection explicitly. i am seeing through my own eyes. another ploice man, who is in uniform but off duty, rides his stake board down the street. it feels significnt that the street is a steep slop-ish hill kind of street. there is a section of the road by the cops that is coned off. we turn down a little side path that is just before the sectioned off road. we have to climb over a fense to get to the girls house. we sort of rolly-polly flop over it. like it isnt a fense we climb over but just sort of flop over. its funny, we all laugh about it. we cross her lawn to get to her house. i dont really know these people at all. someone says they will get me a drink but i never end up with a drink.
then it switches into a playstation type game. i think its a game we are playing.
there is a eye creature which is the character that the game is played through and alien type creatures attacking it. the game is to get all the aliens before they get the eye. i dont think the eye has a gun, but it seems to have special ablitys. when you press a certain button, the aliens are not intested in the eye and dont try to attack it. the eye seems to be safe when its on the ledge, but if you go doen into the pit where most of the aliens are, they all go after it. the eye dies onece or twice and it just gets put back to the ledge and you start all over again.
the game is grey scale.
then im back in the room with the people. sitting in a coner. and my rings keep braking, one by one. i dont know how they break, but one breaks and then theres a bit of conversation which i cant remeber and think is really just garble, and then another breaks untill all six of my rings are gone. i pick up all the pieces and decided that since i havent got a drink its time to go.
there is a guy there who starts to tell me something about a snake and its bite, he seems mad. his skin is grey. he goes to bed and i am standing in the door as he lyes in bed with his eyes closed rantimg about the snake and its evil parts and its good attributes. i dont remeber the words he said but he seemed mad. like a ranting lunitic....
and then i awake.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, NZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: broken rings

Hi Cerid

Here is what I see from this dream.

In the initial part of the dream you are travelling down a road. Often this is symbolic of your life's path, ie travelling along the road = how you are progressing. The key of the theme is that you are going downhill - perhaps not the best symbol, is something in your life going downhill at the moment? I would look to associations with the friend of a friend / expartner for clues as to what area of your life this might involve if you are unsure, or possibly the symbol of the Chinese takeaway may give a hint but I am not sure. It may also be related to excessive partying / alcohol consumption in that you are going with these people for a drink.

The significance of the Police would be your inner authority. It is asking questions but is off-duty / allowing this to take place - perhaps there is a lesson you can learn from this, or perhaps it is part of the growing experience. This symbolism would certainly be applicable to my own experiences with alcohol as a growing experience.

It comes to a point where your inner-authority has sectioned off the road. It does not want you to continue down that path. What it sets in place is perhaps some kind of warning in the symbol of the cones. They will not physically impede you from continuing down that path but are more warnings against this path. It is successful, you obey your inner authority and are diverted from that life path.

You are now confronted with a barrier. The barrier could represent a boundary of some kind, or perhaps something to overcome. To me I get the sense that this is something that has already come to pass, something in your past that your dream director finds humourous in the way in which you overcame it. It seems you did not climb it but perhaps inelegantly stumbled over it?

I believe everything prior to this is a comment on where you have come. The rest of the dream seems to me to apply to where you are now.

I get the sense that the house that you end up is the situation in now. All the people are aspects of yourself, things about yourself you are not familiar with / do not know about yourself (this fits with the symbols of the Playstation part of your dream). You have been lured here by the promise of a drink, but the drink never comes.

The question is, what is the driving force behind you taking this life path? This is what the drink represents. It would depend on the focus of the drink. If it is alcohol it could be a desire for pleasure, addiction, or perhaps an escape from reality. If it is the drink / beverage it could be nourishment of some kind, be it intellectual, spiritual or emotional, or a thirst (desire? eg thirst for knowledge).

Whatever the meaning of the symbol, it has not been attained in your current situation. People have told you that you will get a drink, but it has not yet come.

The playstation game speaks to me of a typical Jungian search into your soul. The eye-monster (eye speaks to me of observation) is entering a pit (the inner-self) and is overwhelmed by the aliens (unconscious / unknown aspects of the whole self). The ledge and pit sound like a mandala symbol of the self. The ledge would be the conscious, the pit the unconscious. I would see the descent into the pit as either nightly dreaming or meditation, excursions into the inner world.

The idea of this section of the dream seems to be involving keeping the 'eye' alive in these excursions. You have to press the right button to stay there - keep the right state or focus perhaps?

The next part of the dream speaks of another process. The rings that you have stated "are part of how I portray myself" are breaking. I therefore see the rings as part of your persona. As you stay waiting for your drink your persona, how you present yourself to the world, is breaking down. You pick up the pieces of your broken image, and considering that you still have not recieved the drive of this journey (the drink) you considering leaving this path.

The final scene, the grey man, may give some insight to perhaps the emotional state of the dream. Firstly, because it is a male, and the colour grey (grey-matter = brain), he could be representing your intellect. He is spouting off about the snake, which seems to me a clear link to your Chinese zodiac sign. He is ranting about the attributes, positive and negative of the snake. You feel he is a bit mad, perhaps that is your attitude to the zodiac? Also consider the meanings of the colour grey:

(1) The colour may represent old age, death (see meaning of death), depression.
(2) As intermediate between black and white, and as the colour of mist, grey may symbolize an unclear state of mind where distinctions are blurred, or where you have difficulty in seeing where you are going or have lost all sense of direction.

Gray indicates fear, fright, depression, ill health, ambivalence and confusion. You may feel emotionally distant or detached.

He is going to bed, putting away what you have learnt about the zodiacal snake into the unconscious in preparation for leaving this path.

In summary: I would say the dream is speaking of your life path and commentary on your current situation. The keys being:

A downhill path that was averted and followed by overcoming a barrier / boundary. You now have not yet recieved what you set out for, and are in a strange place surrounded by strange parts of yourself. You have paid a price of the deterioration of your persona. You are considering leaving this path (is now speaking to me as a spiritual journey of sorts) as you are confused, not seeing things clearly. It all seems a bit crazy.

Does any of this mean anything to you?

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

yes that makes great sense to me, thankyou very much!
the only thing that i feel differently about is the downward path... ive always enjoyed traveling downwards, i find it comforting to go deep down somewhere... so i think this may indicate to me going down into myself, revealing things about me, which seems to be the core of my dreams lately, and indeed prehaps all dreams :)
i remember another thing that accured in my dream just before going down the path.
one of the people was soeone i knew in primary school who was very good friends with someone who i was very close to who died a a few years ago. i just got a memorial tattoo for her. this tattoo i showed to the friend and asked if she thought it was approprate.
does the notion of having a lost friend come up change anything about the jounery-dream?
in regaurds to the zodiac... i have always felt conected to the snake as the attributes do refelect aspects of my personality and that doesnt feel crazy. however, i often think that there may be aspects of myself that dont think quite along the lines of normality, i do have aspects of myself that border on insanity and prehaps this male figure was a reminder that somethimes the parts of insainity have some truths, but i need to seperate the truths from the deceptions - like the snake...
does that sound logical?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, NZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Cerid

I would definately take your thoughts on going down the hill over mine, and your interpretation certainly fits the rest of the dream like a glove.

The presence of the friend of a friend could potentially be referencing the friend of a friend who died. I can't personally get my head around how that fits in with the dream, unless it is related to the breaking of the rings. Is the tattoo in contrast with the expression of the rings? Not sure, unless it was that death that set you off on the path / road that this dream is referencing, in which you learnt about your inner world.

Did this person's passing inspire in you a desire to begin an inner journey nourish your spiritual search or something (in relation to going down the road to get the drink, could be similar symbol to the Holy Grail) before you yourself pass from this realm?

I am just brain-storming here.

As for the zodiac and the grey man, it would seem this may be referencing one of these crazy aspects. What you have stated does sound logical, but also consider in the dream that the crazy man is going to bed. What does this represent? What aspect is going to sleep / put back to the sub/unconscious?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present