Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream of walking under an old railway/mining bridge with a man

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with this dream interpretation.
My Soul mate had a dream in which she was walking through some woods with a man and walked under an old railway/mining bridge. She then woke and saw the man in the room next to her looking at her. She had a glow around her, and a purple circle was in front of her. When she looked at the guy before he went she saw he was slim and in a suit. She is currently not happy in a relationship she is in and wants to be with me instead. Hope someone can help :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53 Plynouth, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dream of walking under an old railway/mining bridge with a man

Rob,
I am assuming your 'Soul Mate' is of the same age as you are. Age can make a difference in how a dream is interpreted and its meaning.

I sense is your Soul Mate {SM} is reflecting on her relationships, bridging the mistakes of her past, mining for rejuvenation of possible new relationships, laying out a track for achieving new goals in her life. But I am confused on the statement 'She then awoke'. Was she awake when she saw the man in the room next to her? Or was this part of the dream?

If it is a part of the dream then then the glow she has around her may represent a 'new light' or a realization about herself. A circle represents wholeness, completion. The guy in the room next to her may represent a true male {rooms are representative of different aspects of the psyche/personality/self}. The change in attire would possibly represent a change in men in her life, or masculine attitudes with her psyche {see animus below}.

Knowing the info you provide about her unhappy relationship is factored into my interpretation. Dreams address emotional conflicts and apparently there is a major emotional conflict in her life having to do with relationships. My observations would probably fit with those real waking life experiences.

The dream could be addressing inner masculine issues {animus} also. I could come to the same conclusions if you had not provided the personal info. But I would also look to inner qualities where her masculine aspects were changing or were in need of a change. Both could fit.

Let's go with the first observation as the primary focus of the dream since it does fit with her waking life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Many thanks for this. This is really very helpful. Couple of things. My Soul mate's age is different from mine. We have become kind of inseparable, are convinced we have known eachother in former lives, have a lot of odd co-incidental stuff going on like texting eachother or calling eachother at the same moment etc., and blocking eachothers texts momentarily from arriving. I told her about a show I fancied seeing next year, giving the dates, and the preferred location, only to find she had actually booked those dates at that show and the same venue two days previously without my knowledge etc.
She is 26 I am 53 years.

She actually awoke and saw the same guy standing next to her, she also noticed this glow around her head and the purple disk, about the size of a cd was sort of floating a little next to her.

Many thanks,

Rob

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53 plymouth uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes, once

Rob,
The added info can make a difference but I doubt there is much. I won't speculate on the waking experience of the glow around her head since that is a waking experience and my 'expertise' is in dream interpretations.

As for any differences in an interpretation of the dream. The animus aspect is lessen for someone under the age of 40 so I would focus on the actual dream and its interpretation:

I sense is your Soul Mate {SM} is reflecting on her relationships, bridging the mistakes of her past, mining for rejuvenation of possible new relationships, laying out a track for achieving new goals in her life.

Dreams of a younger adult {and younger} more often address current life issues and less a reflection on the long past issues. At 26 she is still developing an ego, career, personality, etc., whereas after the age of 40 the focus is on looking back over the life experiences and the accumulative emotional issues {which dreams help resolve}. An older person has already experienced this earlier stage of life and instead of looking forward they begin to look back at the life and emotional issues {that is in dreams}.

But I doubt the age issue changes much in the interpretation or the current emotional issues it {the dream} is trying to focus.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present