Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Health-Balancing Body, Mind & Psyche

As most of you know I am a true believer that dreams can promote good health because they possess the therapeutic affect of problem solving of emotional conflicts. But a truly balanced psyche requires much more than just a healthy mind {psychological}. It also requires a healthy body. There are so many positive aspects to keeping the body healthy through physical fitness and the article linked below provides insights to just how a regimentation of physical activity can improve the overall psychological capabilities of the human psyche. It has been known for some time that physical fitness can change moods positively. Now we have evidence as to why.

Read this short article to better understand how the body has its own mechanism of defensive measures that promote overall health, physically and mentally.

Phys Ed: Why Exercise Makes You Less Anxious

I have occasionally mentioned by 30+ year routine of physical fitness. But I have seldom if ever spoke to the immediate realization of the positive experience after each and every time I have gone to the gym. That has been a constant in my life, some type of physical routine since the late 70s, with an immediate and positive change of attitude after each workout. I have always looked forward to my workouts.
If it was a bad day to begin with, it reversed itself immediately after a physical exercise. Every time.

This article provides insights to why that is. The body, mind and soul inhabit this one physical entity and although the body and mind can go in different directions due to 'their own desires {most often due to psychological conflicts}, a sea change is possible if a person begins and maintains a routine of physical exercise.

Icons of Spiritual and Physical Disciplines
Just as Jesus and the Buddha, and in more recent times Mohandas Gandhi, were well known for their spiritual identities, they also practiced {whether they knew it or not} a routine of physical exercise. And their vehicle for such physical fitness? Walking. Something I incorporated into my regular routine in the middle 80s {as opposed to running and more stringent exercise}. At 59 walking is still an important part of my routine, not just for the exercise but the time it provides for deep thoughts, which is in itself promoted by the physical exercise. It DOES NOT require an ungodly amount of time of physical fitness to realize the positive benefits. With a proper diet {another aspect of good health that too few people are able to follow} five hours a week can provide a quality of life that is distinct and noticeable. It is a lifestyle change, yes. But it is not so difficult as it may seem, it is merely a matter of discipline.

Pay me now or pay me later also applies to good health.

For those of you who are working toward building a balanced psyche, I hope you will take this to heart, this idea of a physical routine as a part of the whole concept in achieving a 'NIRVANA' attitude. The body and mind must be in accord to benefit to the fullest in this short life. The last years of life need not be an exercise of physicians, physical ailments and medications. And it is never too late to change, and when there is a change of attitude the life changes for the better.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present