Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jet fighters crashing

In a dream from the beginning of this month i was at the end of the parkingspace. (from there it's possible to see the house i grew up in). At some point i look up in the sky and see a jet fighter up there. It's like it's part of a show, making loopings and things like that. I'm surprised and i like watching it. After some time the jet fighter is quite close to the ground a couple of times, making me hope that it won't crash. Only a few seconds later the fighter gets up higher in the air flies away from me and crashes behind a row of houses.
Then it's like the crash didn't happen yet and the show is still going on. I see another fighter in the air now, also like being being part of an airshow. The same things happen as with the first fighter, only faster this time and in the end i also see this one crash behind the row of houses.
I see the fire of the explosions above the houses as i walk in the direction of those houses. At the same time lots of burning debris, from both fighters, is flowing towards the parkingplace. At first i stand still and watch it flow around and hit the ground. But then i start thinking about the possibility of it hitting me. I walk to some cars very slowly, the debris still falling down. It's like i'm hesitating about wether to hide or not.

Someone once told me that a crash could symbolize birth? Otherwise it makes me think of flying to low instead of to high?

Curious about the possibilities..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Jet fighters crashing

Hi Mask,

A question that may be good to ask, “Why does my dream maker have me in the parking-place from where my childhood home can be seen and reflected on? As to the planes crashing, the meaning could be many. I first thought of the saying, “What goes up must come down?” Was there something in your childhood that you “rose above,” so to speak, that you now need to go back and consider again? Instead of being in your childhood home, you are in the position of observer, from outside… This might be worth looking at.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hey Mask

You say jet-fighter, incurring military connotations. Could the jet-fighter in relation to an 'air show' possibly be a symbol of displaying authoritative power? Jet being through the air, intellectual power possibly?

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Cheers,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Kristi and Rook, for your thoughts!

At first i wil put my own thoughts down before i forget them.
As i was just writing a reply at Rooks dream-interpretation something came up about the jet fighters.
The 'figures' (like a looping) done in an airshow can be called 'disciplines'. I took this back to my life. Discipline is something i'm trying to learn at the moment. Not as much in my work or paying bills and stuff, but more the discipline to take notice of the things i really want in life. Like i started a study in counseling and coaching last year, which almost saw its own ending because of my lack of discipline. (too tired after work, i already have a job so why would i, there are so many coaches already, will i be good enough etcetera)
The flying in the air could be a dream/wish. The power with which fighters fly through the air...the speed..going faster then sound i.e. crossing bounderies. When i'm lacking discipline, an already launched project can get 'close to the ground' in no time.
In the dream there's not one but even two houses i lived in as a child (i forgot about this) and the fighters crashed behind the row of houses in which the house is seated where i grew up from my third to sixth years. I write that they crashed behind those houses, which in real is the front of those houses. The parkingplace i am at is actually at the back of these houses. (future/past?) The strange thing maybe is that the fighters seem to crash in the future but their debris falls down in the past.

About authoritative power: in my childhood years father really was the authoritive one. He reallyld burst out over nothing and then keep silent for several days. I always was the one (little as i was) who, at some point, was so ready with his silence that i started yelling it him to act normal. On the other hand i admire my father for the discipline he has in doing the things he wants to do. So maybe i've found one little thing (which i already knew): i'm a fighter, but lacking discipline as it comes to my personal life.
So maybe, the fighter crashing in the front/future represents my dream/wish already crashing before i even got there. Maybe because of me standing in the parkingspace (a place of rest), doing nothing, just observing. I let the debris (my angry, sad thoughts about not getting what i wish for) just fall down on me. And this all keeps me stuck at where i am and where i have been for so long already.
Another thing from childhoodtime and later comes up right know; several times i've been told that i should stay with my two feet on the ground. I've been called impulsive. This was not bad in all the way. No, they also told me that if i had a dream/wish i should accomlish this one first, before jumping into the next one. But i have been a very restless person. Always full of things i wanted to do, but because i never knew where to start or with what to start first, not much was accomplished.
Right now i'm a little bit better prepared. But i think i have to let go of the feeling of having to stay with my two feet on the ground and instead try to enjoy the ride (or flight)...sore to new hights so to speak. To get on with the launching of my project...learning the discipline. The dream seems to show that i will enjoy the discipline very much...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Mask,

Yeah, be what you are, not what others tell you to be. I have had that lesson beaten into me repetitively by life.

The best decisions I ever made were when I went against everyones advice and did something 'foolish'. Always my fortunes have turned out for the better by a long shot, much to the jealousy of others.

A lot of people say I have never had to 'work' for anything in my life. Thats a lie but my intuition has guided my luck well, giving that overall appearance.

Rock and roll.

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present