Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for an interpretation

I had a memorable dream a few consecutive nights that I am looking for meaning of, as I can't seem to forget it. I was standing in a horse arena alcove with a very large black horse bucking and attempting to be calmed by 2 men. I stood frightened in the smaller alcove afraid to move as the large horse bucked and yelled while the 2 men threw a red blanket over his face. I again waited a moment thinking I could exit the floor, but the blanket did not stop the horses braying and bucking. I awoke.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 buffalo new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: looking for an interpretation

Hi Debbie

The dream straight off seems to be addressing something that you are trying to / have tried to suppress. It seems to be related to your shadow, black horse. Also covering the horse with a blanket can be symbolic of the way of dealing with issues that leads to the existence of the shadow, the 'sweeping it under the rug' effect of repression / supression.

I think the clues as to what this is addressing is probably in the symbol of the horse. Does this mean anything to you right off the bat? Otherwise look to the dream dictionaries...

Jerry's: (1) A Horse - particularily a stallion - may symbolize sexuality

(2) It may symbolize animality; instinctive dynamism that may 'carry you away'.

(3) A galloping horse may symbolize ecstasy; or a need not to get bogged down in sensuality/ material amibitions; being in 'the world' but not of it.

(4) Horse may symbolize emotion(s). If the horse is rampaging, either your emotions are threatening riot if you do not seriously attend to their requests or you are allowing your emotions to rule you. Tightly reigned or tethered horses probably mean your emotions are too much repressed.

(5) The horse may symbolize your unconscious or your whole psyche. In myths and folktales, horses sometimes speak. If the horse in your dream speaks, it is either the voice of your unconscious, or some part of it, or the voice of your true self, your inner being.

(6) If the horse is threatening, look into your unconscious to see what is threatening you there. Is it your sexuality, attachments to mother or father, the unconscious itself, or some other repressed desire?

(7) If a horse or horses are pulling you in a carriage, they are your emotions. Are you in control or are they?

(8) Black horses are associated with funerals. What part of you is dead or dying? Should it be allowed to die? Or what should be dead in you - for example, something from the past that prevents you from living freely in the present?

(9) A horse's hoof may symblize fertility or sexuality. Fertility is, psychologically speaking, the power to expand as a person.

Reference: Eric Ackroyd

Hyperdictionary:Seeing a horse in your dream, represents a strong, physical energy. You need to tame the wild forces. The dream may imply that you have been horsing around. Or perhaps you need to be less arrogant and "get off your high horse". Seeing a black or dark horse in your dream means mystery, wildness, and the unknown. You may be taking a chance or gamble at some unknown area. It may even represents occult forces. If the horse is white, then it means purity, prosperity and good fortunes. Dreaming that you are being chased by a white horse, may be a pun on chaste. Perhaps you are having difficulties dealing with issues of intimacy and sexuality. Seeing a dead horse in your dream indicates that something in your life that initially offered you strength is now gone. This may refer to a relationship or situation. Seeing a herd of wild horses in your dream means a sense of freedom and lack of responsibilities/duties. Perhaps it may also indicated your uncontrolled emotions. Dreaming that you are riding a horse indicates that you will achieve success through underhanded means. You lack integrity. If you are riding a horse that is out of control means that you are being carried away by your passions. Seeing an armored or medieval horse in your dream, refers to your fierceness, aggression, power and/or rigidity. You may be seen as too confrontational. Alternatively, you may be trying to protect yourself from unconscious material or sexual desires that is emerging. Dreaming that you are bathing a horse, represents a renewal of strength and vigor. You are experiencing a burst of energy in some aspect of your life.

Another big clue I see is in the emotion around the horse, that of fear. Is there something in your life that you have felt particularly afraid of, that you may have dealt with by 'throwing a blanket over it'. The red could be passion, or anger perhaps?

As with all shadow material the blanket approach of pretending it isn't there is not psychologically a good approach. The issue needs to be dealt with, hence the urgency of the dream, the inability to forget it. I think thats like the unconscious saying, "hey, it's important you deal with this."

Hope that helps in some way.

Cheers,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: looking for an interpretation

Debbie,
Rook has given what looks to be a good summary of your dream. The alcove may symbolize a small aspect of the unconscious {a small recess opening off a larger room} that may have become a larger emotional issue that needs to be let out {large horse bucking} or controlled. The two men would be your masculine self {animus}, perhaps representing a need to use those qualities in confronting this emotional issue. The blanket is covering up something, possibly anger {red}. It may be you tried covering up controlling or this anger {or the symbolic meaning of red blanket} to no avail.

Are there current issues in your waking life involving anger? It may be something that started out small but has grown into something that is out of control.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present