Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Telekinesis

In a dream from last night i'm standing in an old unknown attic. Everything is made of wood here. Though it's pretty dark in there i am able to see what the attic looks like. (no window, no lights)
I am standing in front of a door, like i just stepped over the threshold. At my right a male patient (an older man) is lying in a bed. (though i only know he's lying there; i don't see the bed) The man is at the end of his life. (but while thinking about him right now he didn't feel like being ill; it's just a knowing)
I know the man can see ghosts at the other side of the attic. I know that the ghosts are there and that i am not able to see them. While not being conscious about it in the dream i know that there's a wall in the middle of the attic, but that for the patient there's no wall...he sees the ghosts behind the wall so to speak.
Then the patient is dead and taken down in the house. I still am standing just over the threshold, when all of a sudden a comb appears out of no-where. The comb is floating through the air in my direction. Its movement towards me makes me laugh, because i instantly know that the dead patient is behind this. He's using telekinesis (i have totally nothing with this in real life). I also know that the dead man is doing this to try make me feel more comfortable with the invisible side of life (which in real life i'm very scared of). At the end of the dream i find myself telling about all this to a woman, who's invisible in the dream. I tell her that she doesn't need to be afraid about this at all...but to try to see the fun in it. (i found it surprising after the dream that i felt no fear at all during the dream)

Well, while writing the dream down here it already seems to start to make a little sense to me, though before starting writing it i just had no clue at all. But still i am curious about other thoughts about it.
Though at first i see a (fear-)connection with real life in it, i still think it's symbolic for something else. I just went through google for a short time and ran into the words 'mind over matter'...

Greetings,
Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Telekinesis

Another thing i was just thinking about...the 'discipline' i wrote about at the 'jet fighter'-dream. Learning a thing like telekinesis needs lots of discipline (in practising it), just like the loopings the jets made.
Right now it makes me think of 'invisible forces'...invisible resistance...like the G-force for the jet fighters (?).
Can an attic also symbolize 'the mind'?
Do jets crash crash when they fly to low because of too little resistance? (have no idea) Or only because of lacking in speed?
The wall in the middle of the attic could symbolize the dividing of the left/right brain. A wall could also symbolize resistance. Does the dream maybe say something about the differences between the left and the right brain...ratio/intuitive?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Hi Mask,

Some food for thought.

Could you tell, were the looping maneuvers of the jet "fighters" occuring in the direction of your childhood home? It may be significant that you begin walking toward to cars as if to take cover/protect yourself...hesitating/unsure of the fall out... Some concern about the crash/explosion of the fighters in the area of your childhood home. It may also be significant that your dream maker gave you "fighter" aircraft, verses stunt planes - or even commercial planes.

Invisible forces ... things we cannot see ... that control us from the unconcsious. Yes, I think an attic does often symbolize mind...a storage place, too. Old things are genreally kept in an "unfinsihed" attic. I feel that "ghosts" are generally of things of the past, unfinished, unattended to business, so to speak. Parts of our own self. On the other side of the wall, perhaps, are the things you cannot see, but which are stored within you (for the attic is you, too). The man (also some aspect of you), however, can see what you cannot see ... for he is passing to the other side, so to speak, can see beyond the wall or veil ... that which currently divides your waking mind from the unconscious/ghosts of the past/the things of yesterday that affect who you are today. Maybe you are on the threshold of making some discoveries about yourself, and the man is reflective of the aspect of you that can see what you generally do not see of your self. He is definately a helpful figure that seems to suggest asking you to not be afraid (hesitant/uncertain, like in the jet fighter's dream). Combs are used to "organize" our hair. Hair, in this dream (because we are dealing with attic/mind) may have to do with your thoughts. Our fixed thought processes, that dictate who we are and (how we see and feel about ourselves), are resultant from early life conditioning. As we begin our journeys of healing, so much of these are unconscious, and it takes that inner journey to uncover them so that we may become more whole, more actualized.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Mask

First on the jet aircraft, I don't know if why aircraft crash in real life applies in dreams, I think the main symbol is that the aircraft does crash.

Out of interest though (and since the 5 years of aeronautics study I undertook at high school isn't doing much else at the moment) if anything there would be more resistance at low altitude since the air is more dense close to the earth, becoming less dense as you move away from the earth. But it is not resistance that causes aircraft to fly, it is all to do with the shape of the wing creating a pressure difference that creates an upwards force on the wing as the air tries to balance that pressure.

I have seen footage of a few jet crashes at air shows, particularly the Soviet Su-27 or Su-33... one of the Su's which is famous for low speed manouvers. The thing is that at low speed and high 'angles of attack' or when the aircraft is pointing towards the sky the pressure difference gets killed, the aircraft 'stalls' and falls from the sky. I would say that is the primary reason for crashes. Alternatively there have been cases (mostly in testing) when an aircraft's controls become unresponsive and the pilot has to bail.

As for this dream I think Kristi is pretty much right. The dream attic would be addressing the unconscious mind that has no link to the outside world (no windows). There are ghosts that you are unaware of that have a controlling effect on you (telekinesis). They are behind a wall that you also don't see / aren't aware of. To me that is saying it is something you have shut out from your conscious, you have built a wall (unknowingly - you can't see it) between you and these controlling factors.

When I read about the comb my initial reaction was the image from the movie Spaceballs when the Spaceballs are 'combing' the desert with a giant comb. Could this be the metaphor of the dream? To comb through your unconscious actions to reveal the hidden wall and ghosts of the past that inhabit your mind?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks so much for your thoughts Kristi and Rook..

I am pondering and pondering here..

I think you're both right about the 'ghosts' of the unconscious...(unknown) things/thoughts bothering me.

Maybe a little explanation is in place:
Like a wrote last year i started to study again; coaching and counselling. A few years ago i felt myself attracted to that study already, but didn't take the step then. When i was about 20 years old i started to get interested in psychology and when i look back at my whole life (even to my childhoodyears) i can see a thread which seems to have lead me to that interest. About 4 years ago, after some meditations (it was something i wanted to try to see if i could keep my feeling of stillness which i got from a holiday, though in fact i had nothing with meditation or stuff like that at all before that time)..after these few meditations i got in, what i could call, a nice rollercoasterride. I started to remember my dreams. Not just one per night, but few and lots of them were so vivid and like stories from strange books. I didn't know what i got myself into, but i learned that by meditating i came closer and closer to my real self. At that time i suddenly found myself writing poetry (with lots of answers to my own questions). I also started writing a lot. I started to 'see things' that normally wouldn't be there. I suddenly had lots of energy, felt very strong and lots of my personal/psychological barriers disappeared without having to do anything about it. I started analyzing my whole life and in that time the interest in coaching was born.
But with all surprising and new things discovered in that time fear started growing; fear of the invisble/unknown. I was afraid of starting to see ghosts. So with this fear i started building a very high wall again. In the years till end of 2007 i felt worse and worse. It felt more and more like i had failed in every part of my life. Of course, i also knew that this wasn't the case at all, but i just couldn't get over that feeling. At the end of 2007 i collapsed emotionally and decided go and get help and so i did. I cried, cried, cried and cried. I didn't know i had so much emotional pain. I learned that the anger i had been building up in fact was just my outlet of my grief. Besides this i also learned that i had forgotten about my (real) self. I just had been fighting and fighting. I started to take little steps...going after the things i really want in life/out of life.
Earlier this year i ended the first year of my study and i just signed in for the second year. I'm on the threshold of starting my own practice. And for now i can only think of that threshold...and this is the very place where i feel huge resistance right now. It feels like at this threshold really everything that once bothered me is pushing me on all sides. Though i know there's nothing really wrong, that the resistance only exists in my head, that i know better. Everything in my life, i already analyzed.

It makes me think of trying to quit smoking. Just the thought of wanting to quit smoking can make one smoke even more then he already did.
And maybe this is what i am experiencing right now. Starting my own practice to me doesn't only mean just starting a personal business, but to me has everything to do with being my Self. To me it feels like this is one the biggest change i am going to make. Couldn't it be (just like the smoking-thing) that the bigger the wanted change, the heavier the resistance can feel? (depending of how a person stands in life of course)

stats from 7-14-10 to the present