Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marine Biologists

I was at a lake with my partner and my father, after having left the company of a childhood friend.

I am with my partner and my father out in a boat. They are both marine biologists doing research together. They have to catch some fish. The fish are not good for eating but are for research purposes. They are writing everything down while I am sitting watching.

I realise they have no camera to take photos of the fish they catch. I suggest going and getting the camera from the car. They say its a good idea and I head off in a seperate smaller boat on my own.

As I stand on the shore getting the camera out of the car I watch them reeling fish in together. I feel strange about this, it is a good thing they are working together and I am happy about this, but I realise the camera is not important at all. I realise that I am not important at all.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Marine Biologists

Hi Rook,

It seems you are visiting the waters (unconscious/emotins) of your childhood.

Was the childhood friend specific in person/character/feeling? In any event, the child friend is very likely representative of you as a child...as you know.

The dream may suggest that how you felt as a child (and maybe even still, now, though it be unconscious) with father, is also being reflected (affecting you) in your relationship with your wife. A similarity between wife and father ... both marine biologists ... scientists, sometimes (often) removed from the depths of heart.

Fish, as you know, is a symbol of Christ, soul, unity, love, depth. To them (to the child you were, for the fish is also you), it may be saying the "fish" is not good enough, not important enough, not even for a picture, so to speak.

It might be good to look into whether or not you pretended to be happy as a child, when, inside, really, there was a part of you that felt not important/not valuable/not loved/not considered, etc. This could still be playing out today. I think all children do this, learn to pretend to be happy, because it is the "right thing to do" (or so we are taught). All the conditioning of early life causes us to become disconnected from our emotional self, as we learn to always put on the face others (Mom and Dad) would have us to put on.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Marine Biologists

Hi Kristi

The childhood friend was I guess my counterpart. He was quite rebellious, but also honourable, sticking up for the little man. Together he was like R2D2 and I was more like C3PO. We were really close friends, and stayed friends through high school and uni despite going to different schools. We stopped seeing each other when we got jobs and had kids. I always felt out of place when with his friends though, similar to the feelings related to watching my partner and father.

I guess that is something I have always struggled with. Finding the place where I fit in. I have never really fit in anywhere. In primary school I did, but since leaving there I never fit in, at high school, at uni, in my work. Nowadays I struggle to find stuff to talk to my parents about, as they are not interested in my work, but it is basically all I do these days. I sometimes feel that they mainly aquaint with me to see my kids. I guess I do sort of feel unimportant these days.

I am on a bit of a spiritual journey though which gives my life direction. But its not something I discuss with anyone really. It is sort of private.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present