Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Water and houses

I have a recurring dream of a huge, sprawling house that changes every time. The rooms are filled with the clutter and decor of people who have lived there before. Sometimes there are photographs, old blankets, the furniture is often retro or very worn, and then sometimes it is very modern and untouchable, ridiculously swanky. Always in the house there are channels of water. They flow under the house, over the roof, trickle down the sides, bubble up in indoor pools. I usually climb up to the roof or look out a skylight and can see the water passing. Sometimes the house is on the brink of a cliff over the ocean. Sometimes the windows look out into the sea, underwater. The house is never quite mine but I am supposed to live there. Occasionally I find a secret attic or playroom, and sometimes people I know are there, or there is evidence of them having been there. Ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Salem, Oregon

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No.

Re: Water and houses

Hi Laura

Usually the house is a symbol of the self, the furniture within it your attitudes and how you present yourself. The water is generally symbolic of unconscious or emotion, I would say in most of what you describe it is likely related to emotion.

It is interesting that you state "the house is never quite mine but I am supposed to live there". If this is a feeling associated to the dream it may be addressing that there are unconscious elements running in the background that keeps your psyche from feeling completely yours?

In the dreams where your house is underwater I would say either you are swamped / flooded by emotion, or alternatively the rest of the dream is referencing something in your unconscious, ie something you are no aware of.

With what you describe in regards to the presence of the waters I would generally say you are probably quite an emotional person, you identify easily with your emotional self.

The people I would suggest are either addressing your relationship with their life or their imprint / influence / effect on your life in the case of their evidence having been there, or alternatively as representations of a specific trait that is strong in them but in reference to this trait in yourself, if that makes any sense... For example the presence of a cranky-panted person may be referencing your own cranky-pants.

The secret attic / playroom may be referencing your private mind / private play (what you do when you are alone) or perhaps unconscious aspects that have been recently brought to your conscious mind.

Hope that sheds some light.
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Water and houses

Thank you. That's about what I guessed but I like to see it affirmed by someone who doesn't know me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Salem, Oregon

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present