Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reaccuring theme: treachery

Dream is reaccuring, with few slight changes.

I was the head of one of several clans in a feudal era.My family placed the greatest importance on 'Honor' and were favored by the Empress for this reason.

We were asked to accept recruits who were known to be very 'dishonorable'.
As the head of the family, I had to approve them but they were sent by the Empress.
So my hands were tied.
I was infuriated none the less.
Later our rival family leader became a 'hero' and it was demanded I honor him. I REFUSED and was told that not doing so would be a serious affront to the Empress.

So, I left. Turned on not only my family but the Empress as well.

I was attacked by a group of Imperials and saved by the recruits I couldn't accept, who offered to join me as it was 'suicide to fight on my own"
I essentially told them to 'shove it'
One of them told me that I was no better than they and that I "deserved whatever happened to me"

After much injury and exhaustion fleeing and fighting those who meant to capture me I found myself alone.
So, I thought.
I was surrounded by people from all of the other families as well as Imperials.
I didn't even try to run.Nor did I put away my weapon or drop my defensive stance. I just glared at them.

One of the Imperials explained that I was guilty of high Treason, but because of my position they'd go easy on me if I surrendered.

I knew that didn't mean much.
I dropped my guard, standing up straight with nothing than a an audible "Che.." Not taking my eyes off of the man directly in front of me-the hero of my rival family- waiting for him to do/say something.

" What on earth would compel you to turn your sword on us?"

"You couldn't possibly understand"

He folded his arms, pacing in front of me " You believe that you betrayed us in the name of'honor'. No, my dear that is nothing more than hubris."

Next thing I knew he was a mere inches away, and there was immense pain in my chest. I was bleeding everywhere. He withdrew his sword and I hit the ground.
"..and now you have nothing" was the last thing I heard.

Taking what I've learned from this site; all of the people in this dream were different versions of myself.
So-
Myself: The largest part of me that hates ' what I've become ( as stated in previous posts)

Dishonorable recruits: the aspects that I hate and refuse to accept?

Rival house member:.. The 'entity' in my dreams that is always in my dreams. It takes a different form most times but is always very wise and tells me ( rather harshly) when I've made a mistake.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that these could possibly be personifications of Id Ego and Super Ego?
In these dreams I always end up dead, usually by the wiser part of myself. Is there any significant meaning in this?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Reaccuring theme: treachery

kaze,

I must admit I squirm at the terms 'Id and Super Ego' since they are Freudian and more or less opposite of Jungian philosophy. Jung did not see the dream as having a censoring function. Just the opposite, the dream wishes to compensate the waking mind with the unconscious content {emotional}. Other than that your summation of what you believe the dream to be focused seems logical. Especially if it fits with your waking life.
As for the difference between Jung and Freud. Here is my page comparing the two philosophies.
Freud vs. Jung

Ending up dead, usually by the wiser self, may be saying something about negative patterns of behavior. The unconscious dream, which houses the wiser self, is presenting you with these negative aspects so to modify or 'change' them {death can represent changes}. Inner conflicts associated with personality and behavior patterns are the stuff that dreams are made of. Being attacked may represent actual emotional attacks from other persons but can also point to 'attacking oneself' because of unwise choices or behavior. The two opposing clans also could represent opposing forces in your waking life but would/could also be focusing on the inner self as well. Does this seem plausible?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Reaccuring theme: treachery

Heh, I thought you'd say something like that. I just couldn't think of a simpler way to describe three opposing aspects of one's subconscious. I'll be more careful next time.

That sound's about right. Most of my dreams seem to be about conflict with myself.

I think what the rival member said about arrogance, is important.
Many times when I get killed in my dreams it's because of my own arrogance or refusing to heed the warnings of others.
My friends, who are oblivious to anything but themselves say "that pride of yours will be the death of you" perhaps this( and many other)dreams are telling me " you should listen to your friends on this one'
But I know that. consciously I will say " there are worse things to be killed by"
Yet subconsciously. it still comes up in my dreams. As if saying 'hey stupid, I don't want to die because of your mistakes'
It's strange to speak of 'I' and my subconscious separately but it truly seems that way sometimes. There is nothing 'wrong' with that, is there?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Seattle 26

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present