Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Knowing the answer to the question.

Dream from last night:

I'm in an unknown house...in the toiletroom. This is a somewhat large room with about three toilets next to another. I don't need to go to the toilet; it's like i'm just hanging around there. I see other, unknown, people use the toilets. An aunt, uncle and cousins of me are also in the house; i'm there with them.
Still in this house, but not exactly knowing where (it feels like just being there somewhere), i know that it's time to leave. My aunt, uncle and cousins are already getting in the car. I know they want to leave now and that they're waiting for me. But i now have to go to the toilet. I walk into the toiletroom again, but the toilets are no longer there. Only a white shelf with a piece of thick (toilet?)paper on it. I decide that this paper is thick enough to absorb fluid and that the shelf will stay dry so i start to urinate on the paper. It absorbs just like i thought. I pick up the paper, fold it together and throw it away.
Then i'm standing in a bathroom with one of my cousins. It's like she's come into the house again to pick me up. But i still am not ready to go; i have to pick up some bathroomstuff like a brush etcetera. I see a little bottle of after shave with the box it had been packed in still standing beside it. I'm hesitating; 'should i take that after shave with box with me or not?'. It's not mine. (the bottle of after shave is little because it's a tester/testing peace; i'm aware of that in the dream) At finally decide to take it with me, knowing it belongs to my uncle, and put it in my bag. My cousin sees me doing this and i can hear her thinking that it's bad what i'm doing. Taking something which doesn't belong to me. Her thoughts make me feel guilty and i get the after shave out of the bag again and put it back where it stood.
Then i'm leaving the house. I see the car with my aunt, uncle and cousins leaving. I suddenly no longer care and decide to go my own way. I start walking away from the unknown house. The car of my family is no longer visible. I look around and see that i'm right in the center of a town. Huge old and new buildings; i'm entering a public square. It's this square that makes me aware of the fact that i'm in the city centre. I cross the square and walk on. After some walking i look a little over my left shoulder and see the front of a giant and brandnew cruiseship. At that point i sense the presence of a woman at my right side. I know she's there, but she's invisible. I walk on on this pathway and a little further i stop. The invisible woman seems to have walked with me and stands still with me. I stopped walking to see the cruiseship, which is very slowly navigating through a very small canal. The ship barely fits in. I'm standing just behind the fence (bullworks?). The ship seems to stop right in front of us; the woman still is at my right. Then i notice a poster, which is hanging at the front. The poster has several flames as an image on it and in the middle of the flames there are some words. In the dream i read the words and understood them; but right know i vaguely remember them. I remember it was a question and in the dream i knew this question was right in place for me at that point. I remember it was about fire. And it also asked to translate my answer to it in english. I remember there was only one right answer to the question and in the dream i immediately knew the answer. I knew 'what it was all about'. What i vaguely remember is that the question had something to do with to get the fire start burning...It felt like a personal invitation.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Knowing the answer to the question.

Knowing the answer to the question and having to translate it to english. English to me is a foreign language. But to me it also has another meaning. In the period when all the dreaming started and when i learned about the spiritual, at some point, because i read many english articles and visited mostly english sites, my thoughts and writings all were in english. And there were more things. Through dreaming i started to give english my own dream-symbolism, which was: the other side...the unknown, the unconscious.
'To get the fire started'...the question on the poster is most possible my own question: 'to become the one i really am'. The invitation is a question from me to myself. And i know the answer. I know that the way to get the fire started is the way/path i started walking on in that period i wrote about in the beginning of this reply. In that perio i found my inner fire.
To notice myself start going my own way in the dream gives me a really good feeling. To be in the center of the city gives me the feeling that i'm enetering that path again and that i'm doing right.
The giant and brandnew cruiseship is navigating through a small canal. A canal is man-made. I see this canal as a symbol for my thoughts and actions which find there source in my breeding and education...man-made...formed mostly by others/influenced by others.
I think the giant cruiseship shows who i could be...that i have much more possibilities and power. The small canal is possibly showing that there's not enough space (in me) to develop all other things and power that i'm capable off. A cruiseship that large is meant to be out on a river or the ocean (formed by nature). A 'cruise'-ship also is about relaxing and enjoying.

The aftershave..for men...The cousin telling me that it's not right to take her fathers aftershave with me...i have been told that we share some characteristics. And i think these characteristics can be compared with the ones that came up in the 'Pirouettes'-dream. (i forgot to write it, but the bathroom we were standing in was the old bathroom in my parents house)

Nice to see how dreams show up. The evening before having this dream i was writing about 'letting go'...I think (know) in this piece of writing i wrote the answers to my questions on 'how to'. And maybe this is what the urinating on that piece of paper is referring to. That writing is also a good way to 'wash away' stuff one no longer needs.

The invisible young woman i suddenly sensed...she's me. She still is invisible because i'm still not where i want to be. But sensing her already in the dream is knowing that i'm going in the right direction.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present