Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Unknown, Healing and Stray Dogs

I have a inner feeling sense of __________, what she has meant to me, how she has helped me. With this, I have a sense of looking into dark space that while appearing empty (unknown), gives me a circular and very full feeling. I feel deep “healing.”

Riding my bike through an unfamiliar town, on my way to meet __________, I encounter a large, brown, stray dog in the roadway. The roadway is wide, perhaps four lanes, plus parking lanes. Except for me and the dog, the area appears otherwise rather quiet and empty of any general activity. It’s an older town, a much older feeling town. The dog comes near and actually nips directly at my right hand, verses one of my legs. It is not a ferocious nip, but it makes me nervous. The dog also seemed some afraid/nervous. He backed away and then made a few more approaches toward me, coming near to my leg. I then see another dog creating a greater nuisance via his nipping at another person. Further ahead on the road, I see yet another dog waiting to create trouble. Then, just to the rear of me, an animal control vehicle arrives and a man steps out and fires a shot of tear gas (aimed to ricochet off a brick wall) toward the dog ahead. The shot lands very near to the dog ahead. I see the fumes of the gas surrounding the dog. The animal control officer hurries forward to the dog. He expresses gladness that the shot did not physically hit the dog, gladness that the dog is unharmed, only subdued by the gas.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: The Unknown, Healing and Stray Dogs

The feeling space of the town with the dogs has the sense of being in the land of the betwixt and between. It's shadowy, twilight zone-like.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hopefully someone can translate. I just feel worried for the dogs. Any ideas why they are so nervous / afraid?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: uk 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Simon,

I feel the dogs are simply acting with animal instinct. The space I am in (as shown in the dream) is an old one that I am leaving, as I go toward healing (the frist dream scene). The town is a somewhat hell-like space (are these hounds of hell). Because it is a "town," I (sense)am led to believe it is a space of the "collective". It feels to me that the dog(s) does not want me to leave. The nipping/biting behavior of the dog may be speaking about my nicotine addiction. A habit sure can nip at us like that! Sure can say, "I am boss." Navigating my way through my withdrawal from nicotine, I do see how much this was so. The addiction was boss, in a sense. The action of my helpful animus character, sure and compassionate, is appropriate. He clears the way so that I may continue on my way toward healing. That I also feel nervous in the dream is a reflection of the discomfort I am experiencing as I continue to withdraw from the addiction. 14 Days smoke free now!

I guess the worry (sorrow?) you express for the dogs may be like the sorrow we feel for our own misguided human behavior ... and the sadness that results in.

Kristi

Having visited with my analyst, today finds me looking at this dream in significantly different way...

Healing remains key, but (what if) dogs may actually be trying to catch my attention...

If dog is a psychopomp and I am free-wheeling (trying to bike "on my own" in this liminal land), maybe dog is trying to get my attention as I go about this deep inner (soul) work. Animal control guy may be a complex, "I got it all under control," which is not true...not at all true. My earlier shared assumptions (told as part of dream) may be mere "dream thinking," which while telling of my ego conscious and its processes, may well only interfere with the actual message psyche intends to communicate via it's symbols.

Am truly feeling the need to suspend judgment on my dreams at this time in my journey ... and even questioning the value of posting them here (or elsewhere) at this time ... to allow more quiet and stillness so that I may learn to hear, and more importantly "listen" to inner guidance, that surely is here.

I feel very confident with my new analyst. Her experience, skill and insight is invaluable to me.

And am again reminded of "three" maybe meaning that something is wanting to be completed. So, for what it may be worth, am also currently reviewing my dream journal for all instances of three, to see if I might gain more insight.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present