Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Intoxicated with God

This dream actually came Christmas evening, so, the night after my Myra dream and the night before my Rest Stop Healing dream.

I wake with memory and 'feeling' of a dream image of a man that I feel I know, that he is some part of me. I have the sense that he lives in a state of intoxication (love/union) with God.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Intoxicated with God

Don't we all? :)

At risk of sounding very much a hippy (I'm not hehe), love all things, for my definition, god is within all things.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: uk 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Well, no, Simon, I don't think so. While it can be said that we are all "intoxicated with God," we don't all live with/in awareness of union with the Whole (God), let alone even consideration or regard for the Whole.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristi,
Again it seems the dream is focused on your animus and accepting this important masculine aspect. But it may also be a warning not be intoxicated with this primary emotion since it can be as destructive as it is helpful. The God {of Abraham} is one that portrays the masculine as dominant. For someone like you and I Jesus would be the better suitor, his feminine aspects being a better gage of how to live life {the feminine being the dominate trait}.
We all have this masculine aspect, it is part of the human animal nature. And it is an important aspect to a balanced psyche. But to let it dominate, we can look all over the world and see the results of such a position. Wars, strife, conflict. The God of Abraham was a warrior god so it fits with the world view. That is something that must change before the earth can ever find true balance. The positioning of the masculine on an individual aspect is as important. A strong masculine is beneficial as long as the feminine aspect is stronger.

Can I get an 'amen'?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Most certainly an "Amen," Jerry. Thanks for this note. It is what I needed to hear. Have now run out of time this morning, but will try to say more this evening.

Kristi

Jerry's note was important for me to read, as healing some elements with the masculine appears to be "on topic" for me ... given my dreaming of Landon. Besides what I shared of in the dreams, that time period of my life has also entered consciousness during my meditative/contemplative moments. While I left that relationship (marriage) some time ago, there are some key things which have been left unhealed, which have to do with the negative masculine tendencies expressed in Jerry's post. Landon was an extremely possessive, controlling/dominating, jealous and emotionally manipulative and abusive man.

What I am finding key, as I continue to review my dreams, be they of yesterday, or yesteryear, is to not take them or the events they tell of, "personally," but to instead come to simply allow the shedding/releasing of the emotions while remaining objective and learning (growing) from the life experiences they speak to.

Kristi

Kristi,

"Landon was an extremely possessive, controlling/dominating, jealous and emotionally manipulative and abusive man."

Is this a warning or perhaps a shared trait of the masculine? A warning to 'not to go there'. Or a trait you possess and have overcome that may want to force its way back into a dominance. Or both? The masculine was at one time a possessive and controlling agent in your life. This aspect of the masculine is Landon but is also you. Or was you?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

"Landon was an extremely possessive, controlling/dominating, jealous and emotionally manipulative and abusive man."

This aspect of the masculine is Landon but is also you. Or was you?

Jerry,

It sure can take us some time arriving at the understanding, but it really never is about the other ... it really always is about us.

Yes, these aspects of the masculine have also been me. As in the dream of Landon and my feeling and knowing there that I can no longer remain with him, I feel this is part of what is being healed/cleansed. This is consistent with my decision to quit smoking. Smoking - or otherwise harming or polluting my body (matter / mater / mother [nature] / creation)- is an action that contains qualities of the negative masculine.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present