Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help With Dream

I need help with this dream.

I dreamt that I was at work. I went on my lunch break and decided I would go see my uncle who is in jail. While there, I hugged him and he said that my cousin was around the corner. I went around the corner and hugged my cousin (This cousin was in jail but is now out). I looked to the right and I saw my sister laying in a hospital bed with a baby in an incubator next to her. I played with the baby and then decided it was time for me to head back to work. I was heading back to work and was walking down a railroad track. The track was covered with white teashirts. I said to yself, I'm headind the wrong way to get back to work so I went in another direction. I saw the words King Street so I said this is the way but as I was walking down King Street, I said this isn't King Street as I know it so I turned around and went down a street called Retrospect. As I was walking down this street there were two men standing on the corner with a vicious dog. As I'm approaching these two guys, my heart began to pound and I started speaking to myself that God is not a God of fear so I pressed on. The dog did try to attack me, but I stood up to it and then the two guys left. I then woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 SC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Help With Dream

Felita,
The dream seems to be as much about reflection, looking back. At midlife such things are usual, for everyone.

Because there are so many relatives in your dream my sense is the primary focus is about relationships and reflections about those relationships. Most likely the uncle/cousin/sister images are as much symbolic as they are literal suggesting there may be emotions involving aspects of family relationships that have caused anxiety and frustration. Or their inclusion may be about the actual relationships and how they have helped form your own personality traits, formed from past experiences involving these relatives. If there are elements of anger, conflicts involving family members {cousin was in jail} they may have a profound affect on how you act or feel emotionally.

Dreams often address personality traits and at this stage of midlife {43} you may be at a point where life is/needs changing. A possibility of such changes in some important way involve your sister. I sense you are wanting/trying to overcome deep seeded emotions but you are finding it difficult to do. You are at a point in your life where you want to change directions but the past is a barrier to those desires/needs {this mat be where personality traits need to change}. You may be having to hold back anger or frustrations but you are finally succeeding in this attempt. But it is still a very hard thing to do.

A response may provide further clues to the dream. In particular the relationship with your sister and possible changes in attitudes on your part. Is there a history of conflict in your family? Early life experiences often form our personalities later in life. Overcoming these negative traits, as well as the frustrations/conflicts with family members, may be the focus of the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present