Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reoccuring dreams

Hello people, well I have been having very odd and reoccuring dreams that have been bugging me for the past two months and would like to share them hoping to get some help and relief. Well a few months ago I had torn my Labrum in my right shoulder and I honestly feel like a part of me has died. I was very athletic, I hit the weight room every other day and now I have lost 20 lbs, been very depressed, bored and have not left my house in the past two months except to see my family for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I had to take off my next semester of school due to the fact that I cant write and I cant work either. Pretty much I went from feeling the best I have ever felt to feeling the worst I have ever felt. On top of that I have smoked marijuana on the regular for the past 4 years and I have been quit for the past two weeks which is the longest ive gone without it since i started. That is when the dreams really got strange. So I keep having this dream where I have this very heavy backpack on and whenever I walk my knees buckle and i fall down. The backgrounds and themes are all different but I mostly always have this backpack on and my knees always buckle and I fall. The dream usually ends when i finally get rid of the backpack and am able to walk normally and boom i wake up. I have had this dream between 5-10 times. I find this very odd and maybe is it related to the things that are going on in my life? Furthermore, i have been having knee pain recently which i doubt is from my dreams but i think it is very odd. I also had this dream where I walked in my room and this big guy was standing on the corner of my bed with a gun pointed at me and later on in the dream I witnessed him murder my mother with a gunshot threw her jaw. aFter I woke up I was pretty traumatized for the rest of the day. Well sorry for the poor writing I am not that great of a writer and i felt the need to post all this info at once, im sure i missed some detail but what i posted is the majority of my problem. thanks in advance and i am looking foward to your responses!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20 - NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Reoccuring dreams

anyone?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

James,
I will take a look at your dream in the morning.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

James,

The heavy backpack would symbolize the heavy burden you are carrying from the depression and injury. Buckled knees would represent the lack of support you usually possess when in good health. That part of you has fallen. The knees would also apply to the actual pain you experience with that part of your body.

As for getting rid of the backpack and being able to 'walk' normally, this would be the therapeutic aspect of the dream and what you must do. You need to get past the injury and move on, do the best you can do with what you have. The backpack is the heavy burden you have 'placed on yourself' emotionally. In the world of Jungian psyche dreams depict the true emotions of the dreamer. If there are negative emotions in your life, such as the emotional burden {backpack} you are putting on yourself, then you must learn to live with what is and look to other positive aspects in your life.

As for the marijuana smoking. There may be a dependency on smoking pot and when you quit it is not uncommon to go through a 'withdrawal' of sorts. This could affect you emotionally for a time and add to your already depressed state of mind.

The second dream with the big guy is most likely symbolic also even though it may be addressing some negative aspect of the relationship with your mother. The big guy could be the same symbolic 'backpack' metaphor. This part of you is standing over you. threatening you {depression and pain}. The gun may represent aggression toward yourself, and perhaps in some aspect toward your mother. Have you displayed aggressive tendencies toward your mother of late?

Dreams are all about your emotional state of mind at the time you have your dream. If you are depressed the dream often focuses on that depression and tries to help you work through the malady by providing your true emotions. This dream seems to point to 'self inflicted' emotioanl wounds/depression due to your injury and change of lifestyle {I too am very health conscious and would feel the same as you if I could not work out on a regular basis}. What you must do is remove the back pack {emotional strain you have placed on yourself} and seek other things in life to compensate for what you can no longer do. It may also involve removing self imposed strain and 'getting back' into shape, something that may be possible if you discipline yourself and rehabilitate your shoulder. It will not happen over night but will require patience and discipline. Now is the time to find that 'hero within' and let that positive self take control instead of having the negative guide you.

Good luck.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks a lot Jerry, what you have said makes a lot of sense. Last night I had the same dream where my knees kept buckling but I had no backpack on this time. I also have my surgery scheduled for the end of Jan. so I hope things will get better for me over time. Once again I really appreciate your response! - James

stats from 7-14-10 to the present