Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
weird

This dream tonight really got me wondering if I am normal or some sicko ...

It was a long dream and I remember very little, I know it was a sunny autumn and I remember a scene where my father was very tall. It wasn't like I got smaller, he just grew all of a sudden.

Somewhere later on I was kinda talking with some Harry Potter character that was mean in the series but I liked him a lot anyway, and suddenly he tried to kill me with a ballpoint pen. We struggled a little, but then I kinda started to enjoy the scene, we started kissing and I got aroused, and then I suddenly realised that he's my younger brother (who is 9). I woke up and felt guilty.

Does it mean anything or is it just some sick dream?
Thanks for any insights.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: weird

weird,
You father getting tall would most likely be symbolic of some aspect of the relationship with your dad. Here is what HYPERDICTIONARY.COM offers as possibilities to the term 'tall':

Dreaming that you are taller than someone indicates that you may be looking down on that person. You may feel that you are now above him or her. Alternatively, it represents authority and pride. Dreaming that others are taller than you, suggests that you may have a tendency to overlook things.
Perhaps you feel that a higher power is always looking over you and judging your actions.

Since in the dream your father has gotten taller that may indicate he may have taken on a 'bigger' role in some aspect of your life {example: he has begun to be more demanding in what you do or how you live your life}. This most likely was something that happened suddenly. Look back at the days prior to the dream and see what may fit with the dream experience.

The second part of the dream seems to be pointing to a 'love/hate' position towards some aspect in your life. The aggressive nature may be towards yourself, at one time disliking what you are doing but other times enjoying it. There may be 'transferring this emotional aspect {ball point pen} either to some other person {perhaps your father} or from someone {inherent traits}. Your younger brother may also be involved in this transfer of emotions {you realize you are doing something negative and feel guilt over it}. Your guilt feelings may have left you wanting to make up for what you did {kissing and making up}. The arousal part may involve deeper psychological aspects that would require a much more thorough examination of the psyche to discover.

What interactions with your father, and possibly brother, have occurred in the days prior to the dream? Look to experiences where that may involve feelings of guilt on your part.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present