Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Driving with no control.

ok,
I had a dream where I was in a car with someone I have never seen in my life, but it was my boyfriend I suppose. I started to drive out the neighborhood, after reaching the end of the street. I seen my father riding a bicycle behind the car, and basically following me. I continued to drive and reach a freeway. To get on the freeway I had to make a left turn. When I started to enter the freeway and made the left turn I swerved in opposite directions. I seen my father who then stop riding his bike and just shook his head. I continued to drive and I started to swerve in other lanes and couldn't drive straight.

END.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Victorville, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? NO

Re: Driving with no control.

Violet,
The car is you. The other person most likely is some aspect about yourself that you do not/have not yet realized/acknowledged. The neighborhood would be your 'inner neighborhood', the inner self that is who you really are and not just the ego self that wears a mask that covers up what you do not or can not reveal {to others or yourself}. The end of the street would suggest you have come to an end to some phase or part of your life.

You father following you may suggest there is some part of the relationship with him that is 'following you'. The freeway could represent freedom to be on your own, continuing your life's journey on your own terms. This is where your father may be 'following you', some aspect about that relationship that has yet to end. The left turn would suggest going in the direction of the heart, intuition, following your own path. But you have to make adjustments to this direction you really wish to go {swerving}, having to go in a different direction that you wish or planned. To get back on the right path you will need for your father to stop 'following' you. But that in itself may create an imbalance {bicycle requires balance to ride}. There may be confusion in your life due to losing this imbalance, the relationship with your father. It is difficult to 'drive straight' without this balance.

My sense the dream has two possibilities; one would be about going out on your own and losing the support of your father, financial and perhaps moral support. That would create an imbalance.

Or, you are wanting to go in your own direction but some aspect of the relationship with your father is 'following' you {in a negative way}.

My best sense it is the first possibility. At the age of 18 such decisions in life become paramount. Your dependence on father and family is coming to an end {end of the street}. You have to make your own path. But emotionally that is not easy. One of the above possibilities make it less so. Which fits your life?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks.

Well I should say I never really had alot of support from my dad,except for finacially.
My parents got divorce about a year ago, and I live with my mom. I was never close to my dad.

So yes, Possibility one fits my life the most.
I haven't lost the support from my mom & stepfather but I feel like I should find my own path and become more independent.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Victorville, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? NO

Violet,
My sense is the dream is dealing in some way with issues involving your father. It could be your bf is involved also. But explaining that so you would understand may be hard to do if there is not a recognition of inherent relationships that filter down in later life. And I would need more to go on, other dreams, to confidently say this is the case.

If I am correct about the dream addressing issues about your father then it would mean there are unresolved emotional conflicts involving him. So much so they could affect your personality and life ahead. The remedy is to resolve the conflicts. But that is easier said than done. As you grow older perhaps you will be able to do just that. If you can in some way find a way to get closer to your dad, something he must be willing to do with you also, then perhaps that would be one avenue of resolving the conflict. Of course if your dad is self centered and not willing to make the effort {an experience I had with my father who had such a personality} then the whole effort would be in vain. Is there any chance of a reconciliation with your dad?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present