Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frogs and Luna Moths

I had an interesting and strange dream the other night and I would like to see if anyone can possibly help me interpret it.

In my dream I was in a diner at a booth and there were three really small almost flat frogs (green) embedded in my right arm and hand (on was half way between my wrist and elbow on the inner side and the other two were on two of my fingers). They were somewhat 'sunk' into my skin. I pulled the one on my inner arm out and it had little stingers coming out of the bottom of all four of their feet that was sucking my blood out of me, but it was more like they were sucking the life outta me instead of blood. There were also three people in my dream trying to help me get them out, I get the sense that two were male and one was female.
While we were trying to take out another frog from my finger and huge Luna Moth about the size of a paper plate got it's wing wrapped up around my hand with the frogs (right hand) and was tangled. (I feel the fact that it was a Luna Moth and not just some random moth is important, I love luna moths and I have one tattooed on my arm and to me it represents unusual beauty, if thats of any significates) I was trying to remove it carefully because I did not want it to die but one of the guys sitting in the booth just ripped it's wings to get it untangled and it died and I remember feeling really sad that it died, but I wasn't sad when I took the frog from my arm and it died, I was kinda glad when that happened.

So that was my dream, I tried looking up frogs but it didn't really make any sense to me and I have used this forum before and have gotten a lot of help. That being said, I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you ahead of time.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 & Morganfield, KY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Frogs and Luna Moths

Lexi,
Since there were three frogs and three people in your dream there probably is an association between the two. The frogs were sucking the blood/energy {blood is often symbolic of life's energy} so they must represent something in your life that is 'sucking the energy' out of you. What the frogs represent may have personal associations {as with the Luna Moth which you have positive personal associations} and you may have to look at recent experiences to determine what that was about.

The Frogs
The three frogs, and the three unnamed people in your dream, may represent unconscious aspects {unnamed people in dreams usually represent aspects of the dreamer's psyche/personality/attitudes}.
From the MDS Dream Dictionary

The frog may symbolize the unconscious, or some part or function of the psyche that still lies buried in your unconscious

The frogs are 'embedded' into your arm which may fit with something which is embedded in your unconscious. The frogs are embedded in your right arm which may suggest something to do with relationships, social obligations {the left arm would symbolize the creative/ metaphysical aspects}. When you pull these frogs from your arm there are 'stingers', or painful experiences.

You may want to consider the frogs as symbolic of relationships and/or social obligations that you feel you must give attention to and are draining your emotionally. Consciously you go about these relationships/obligations as a matter of having to but unconsciously you find them painful, something that drains you emotionally.

Luna Moths
The Luna Moth appears when you have to engage the frogs {the painful experiences that drain you emotionally}. Because your waking experience with Luna Moths are positive we can look at the moths in your dream as positive, and also related to personal associations in your waking life. This may represent the positive self, something that may b associated with personal traits since it 'wrapped' around your arm. Trying to remove the moth carefully may related you traits where you try to use diplomacy. But you may need to use more forceful methods {the guy representing your masculine aspects} to remove those negative aspects that are draining you {frogs}. Having to use such masculine traits of force may be opposite who you are personality wise. It bothers you to have the moth die but not the frogs.
Personality wise do you rather use diplomacy rather than force when having to resolve conflicts in your life?

Conclusion
The frogs may represent attitudes you possess that are embedded in your unconscious that you need/desire to get rid of. These attitudes drain you emotionally. Look at your waking life for recent experiences that fit with 'the draining of emotions', something that you may be required to do or associate with but not something to wish to or enjoy doing.
The Luna Moth may be addressing those personality traits I mentioned. If you the type person who uses 'delicate/diplomacy' methods to resolve conflicts, the guy pulling the moth and killing it may suggest it will take 'masculine' traits to get rid of the 'frogs'.

Look at you waking life and determine what might be draining the 'life energies' out of you. The 'three' may be important since they could represent an actual 'three' in your life. Also look to your personality and see if there are experiences where your traits of resolving conflicts do not work in resolving these current issues. It may be you do need to use more force in resolving them. Let me know the results of your investigation and perhaps we will be able to better understand the symbols of the frogs and Luna Moths and where they fit in your life.

Note: Your dreams are addressing emotional issues in your life. Exactly what issues are to be determined by the symbols and their metaphorical references in the dream. What ever the issues in the dream they will match issues in your life. They may be conscious issues or unconscious issues that you have not completely recognized.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow, You really hit a lot in there and all of it true to my situation. I do have emotional stuff (especially from my past that is coming to the fore recently), I am currently in a relationship that is deep (emotional) and we are going through a hard time because we are both in school and I am almost complete so I will be leaving and we will be half the country away from each other until he finishes. He is afraid to lose me and he is pulling away and it gets to me emotional because I love him so much and I am worried I will lose him too. I know he truly loves me but he has been abandoned by people and so have I. I know we are both trying to deal with this but we are so scared and it has been putting a damper between us recently. I am also having difficulties in other relationships (with my mom and the lack of relationship with my father which is starting to become more evident because of the current relationship I am in). I usually am delicate and diplomatic but I don't really know what assertive means I can use and not risk losing him (I am thinking this dream probably has a lot to do with my current relationship problems) and I know that the emotional ups and downs are putting a strain on me.

The only real association I have in my waking with frogs is my sister, Eryn, but we are really close. She is also going through relationship problems with her husband and the intense emotions I have about my boyfriend are extremely similar to Eryn's and it's almost like we have mirror relationships, except mine is a couple years behind her's.

I can't figure out the 'three' in my waking life, although I have always felt that number is sacred (at least to me). I have two sister (three daughters) all of us born within 14 months of each other (we are Irish and from what my mom tells me considered Irish Triplets because our births are so close together). I am in my 3rd serious relationship and it's the first one where I feel truly connected and truly in love and wonder if he is The One, I love him very much and I know he has strong feelings for me. But I have always viewed three as something of a sacred number to me.

Thank you for your analysis, the dream totally baffled me and I tried to look up means but wasn't getting anywhere, so thank you so much!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Lexi,
I do appreciate the response. It is always difficult to understand a dream of a younger person and your response lends itself to the better understanding of such dreams. You seem to have a lot of 'accumulated baggage' already in your life {something an older person has and a younger person does not}. Such baggage is more easily identified and easier to interpret than the personal waking experiences most young people's dream focus on.

Your Response and How that Plays
The three would be a strong emotional number you associate with but with good reason. The three sisters, the 3rd serious relationship, to go with with your identification with the number 3 as being scared. The Luna Moth explanation I suggested {"If you the type person who uses 'delicate/diplomacy' methods to resolve conflicts"} does seem to be fit with your personality and your response {"I usually am delicate and diplomatic"}. Dreams often 'betray' personality traits.

As for the frogs, they may symbolically represent you and your sisters. This could represent the 'embedded' experiences/associations/traits the 3 of you share. There are stingers when you pull 'one' of them out which could represent emotional pain. The sucking of blood is a common symbol for 'sucking of the emotional energies out of a person'. When ever we get into the deeper emotional aspects of the dreamer's psyche { and the deeper issues that many dreams try to address} we can look to mythology to get some idea of what a symbol may represent {myths and dreams share much of the same universal symbols, what Jung called archetypes, and they sometimes appear in our dreams to represent an emotional association}. The 'Frog Prince' is a common mythological story and there may be associations to that theme to go with a fear of losing your prince. But if the fairy tale and your life are examined in greater detail there may be even more important associations.
Strangely, the language of the tale goes like this, "The story of the Frog Prince tells of a young woman who is visited on three consecutive nights by a frog. Symbolic reference to the frog is often this:
'a part of your psych that still lies buried in the unconscious; the Frog Prince motif where the frog represents the unconscious which at first sight is frightening but, when assimilated by the conscious ego, reveals itself for what it is - the total psyche, beautiful and true.' (Joseph Campbell).

Perhaps teh emotional attachment to this '3rd' relationship is being reinforced in the dream, which would be a positive. Consciously, which is subservient to the biased ego emotions, you feel this 3rd relationship is 'THE ONE'. Unconsciously, which is not subservient to ego bias, that would be true also. Or at least reinforcing the strong emotional attachment you have with this 3rd guy in your life.

As for masculine traits. Often such traits, or lack of them, are addressed as something you do not possess and either need to build upon, or something you need to accept and find other means to combat the lack of the quality. The compensation of a lack of one quality would need to be realized. Not that it a negative aspect but so to understand why you act or feel one way or another.

Once again when we look at a dream and the emotional life of the dreamer we see the truths that underlie the personality. This is what your dream is doing, trying to elevate those aspects about yourself that are in emotional conflict so you will better understand them. By doing that you are better prepared to resolve the conflicts. This is the therapeutic aspect of the dream at work.

One of your conflicts seems to be the death of the Moth which would represent a fear of the death of the 3rd relationship. Past experiences, the end of the first two relationships, help shape who you are {especially at your young age}. The death of the Moth, the beauty of a love relationship, is what the dream depicts. But the frog, as in the frog prince, suggest there is that true romance you have discovered. Put this with all the other emotional aspects in your life, the three sisters which would be addressing possible emotions of shared abandonment, then you may realize other associations in the dream with your waking life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

That all seems spot on, very much so. I do have a deep emotional connection with this 3rd guy, but I've come to realize recently that the relationship is coming to an end. I am sad about this but only because I am sad to lose the beauty of the relationship. We are definitely in different places in our lives, but I believe this relationship has taught us both a lot. I do have abandonment issues and I think that had a lot to do with not wanting to let the relationship go. And then those issues to stem from things that me and my sisters all went through. Thank you so very much for interpretation, it definitely opened my eyes and help see clearer.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present