Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recurring hotel in dream but different events each time

Last night I had a dream that my grandmother, who lives far away and doesn't contact me, saw me at a rare family party, and that she immediately criticized me for wearing a long sleeve red shirt (mauve) that she said smelled bad. Then, she kicked me out of the house where the party was; and the dream changed locations to a nice hotel suite where I was staying. It was a penthouse room and my mother and I had been living there because my mom had a very large jewelry chest there. I was scared for her jewelry to be stolen and kept trying to lock the door to the hotel room. Then, I was in the hotel hallway and saw beautiful red carpet and a stairwell but I did't go anywhere just saw these things. Another part of the dream was that my boyfriend abandoned me so I found a blond haired man, and he was going to meet me in the hotel room.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Davis, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: recurring hotel in dream but different events each time

Annie,
This dream seems to be about emotional attitudes/experiences that you may have had in recent days. Relationships as well as personality issues/traits seem to be part of the dream scenario.

The relationship with your grandmother, in some aspects perhaps addressing feelings of not being accepted or being a part of her life, may be more about your own attitudes about yourself. Accepting who you are, your own self worth. Such attitudes could play out in your personality, a lack of self confidence or attitudes were there is not a proper attitude of self worth.

The part about 'staying with your mother' may be identifying aspects you possess that have to do with your mother. The jewelry chest would be attitudes you have toward your mother since in the dream the chest belongs to her {in dreams such identification with a parent would be addressing the relationship with that parent or attitudes/shared aspects you have toward that parent}. There may be a fear of losing these shared attitudes/aspects. Or actual fears of not having a good relationship with your mother, the relationship dissolving into one much like the one you have with your grandmother.

Is you mother different than your grandmother. Attitudes, personality wise? Whereas your relationship with your grandmother is distant and perhaps strained, the relationship with your mother is different. But deep within the unconscious there is a fear of losing those positive aspects of that relationship. This may be an observation to personality traits you possess in general, the lack of self confidence, issues of self worth.

The hotel would be a symbol for your whole being, the attitudes you possess about yourself as the world as a whole. There are positive aspects but perhaps because of low esteem or a lack of self confidence you are unable to be that 'jewel' of a person you should/could be. These feelings or attitudes may be found their way into your relationship with your bf.
Are there issues of abandonment in your life?

The last part of the dream may also be
saying something about the relationship with your bf, aspects that he lacks or possesses compared to what you need in your life {the blond haired man}. Your bf may not be your true soul mate and deep down, within the deep unconscious where dreams reside, you know this. The dream may be addressing what you really need in a relationship. If so the dream would be addressing issues of acceptance that you need and perhaps
did not receive in early life. These would be the deep seeded issues, perhaps having to do with fears of abandoment of some type {if not an actual abandonment issues where you did not receive the proper support you needed condusive to proper nourishment as a child}.

Overall the dream does seem to be dealing with issues of self confidence. To what degree is something only you can determine. At the age of 28 you are at that stage where attitudes have been formed but not completely examined or realized. Something is holding you back and it may be issues of self worth or self confidence. These would be personality issues as well.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Dear Jerry,
Thank you for your interpretation! It is very helpful. I have been worrying about my mother's health and in 2008 my father passed away so I have fear about losing my mother. Last night I had a dream about my father, sister, and I attending a high school football game. She asked my father how he paid for the tickets, and said to him, "you don't have any money, do you?" and he and I looked at each other and smiled. Then the dream changed so that I knew I had missed taking important final exam for statistics class (final is on Tuesday this week). Is that also about self doubt?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Davis,CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? follow-up to interpretation

Annie,
I am assuming self doubt or a lack of self confidence is a characteristic that fits your personality. In that light the dream in this post may fit. Both dreams do seem to be addressing more recent waking experiences {very common for someone under the age of 35} as well as deeper aspects including traits of a lack of self confidence or self doubt. The recent waking experiences are hard to define in a dream whereas the deeper issues are more readily discernible for interpretation. Here is my assessment of the last dream.

Missing the final exam could fit with the possibility although it more likely is addressing normal anxieties in the waking life as well. Not having money may be saying something about self worth, so yes, that too could fit. The fact the statement was directed at your father may suggest shared inherent aspects, feelings or traits about your father you possess. Your sister could represent actual emotions associated with that relationship as well as representing 'related' aspects you possess. In the dream you are 'sharing' an emotion with your father {perhaps addressing shared traits}. The shared feeling toward your sister may be saying something about the symbolic representation of her inclusion in the dream. A real emotion about her as well as perhaps feelings about yourself if she is a representing aspects of your own psyche.

Then there is the dream setting of the high school football game. This may be saying something about experiences from that period of time in your life. If so it would likely be addressing some emotional aspect you possess that took place during high school. And/or even an experience or experiences that are associated with your emotional personality.

Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we will be able to better understand the possibilities of both dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present