Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do Animals Have A Soul? Grieving the Loss of a Pet

2010 has been a hard year for me with the loss of three of my pet felines and a fourth gone missing. After reading an on line newspaper article on how we feel about our pets and having so many experiences with those who employ my service as a fence contractor to protect their pets {70% of all our business involves a pet/dog} I was inclined to investigate the matter of whether our pets have a soul. My estimation is they do and like human animals the soul, or life's energy, passes on to another realm. I created a page examining not only the possibility/probability all animals do have a soul but the different spiritual concepts whether animals do have a soul. Here is that article.

Do Animals Have Souls?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Do Animals Have A Soul? Grieving the Loss of a Pet

Hi Jerry,

I was interested to read your article, but find the link is not working.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thanks Kristi. I forgot to fill in the link when preparing this post. I also have the page featured at the Myths-Dreams-Symbols website. Here is the link:

Do Animals Have A Soul?

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I'm sorry to hear of your losses, and at a time that is not best fit for grieving. Thank You for giving so much of yourself and helping me through the year Jerry.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thanks Sam. I must admit I am very sentimental about my cats since they have become such an important part of my life. For the past 8-9 years I have turned away from that social person I once was and outside of my responsibilities with my work and the necessities of associations with people that presents have pretty much isolated myself from the world. I see it as a part of 'going into the forest' as an isolation for realizations. My ever evolving and continuing journey and a combination of the Return and the Magical Flight awaiting Rescue from Without that leads to The Crossing of the Return Threshold. In terms of my reality the Crossing is when I retire and am able to share what I have learned over the past 18 years of my 'Jungian' education. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for pets/animals {as many of us do} and in the examination of my 'inner world' and realizing the strengths of the 'feminine' aspects my feline friends have been a great comfort as well as a great sorrow {in their loss}. My whole life has been filled with the feminine {from growing up with three sisters and my mother to my unconscious need for female support} and it only seems plausible that cats should continue to be a part of the feminine realizations of the greater strength of the psyche. If that were not so I would not have that developed intuitive sense required to understand the dream. Looking back at my life filled with so many female experiences, it is as if it were there all along waiting for me to realize its great strength and powers. Balancing that extroverted personality of masculine desires with the introverted examination of the inner self. In Jungian psyche balance is the goal, in all aspects of life. Hopefully my return to the world of social duty will be on my own terms so I can be that person I long to be. Over the past year I have been much more able to integrate that social being with the 'greater self', blending my responsibilities of work and social responsibilities with an ability to work with dreams. The ultimate goal is a full time ability to work with dreams, being the Master of my Two Worlds and a Freedom to Live that life I seek. In the end it is an end to duality and a making of the two worlds into one. The stable of the emotional life is duality, conflicts. As Joseph Campbell put it, loss, loss and more loss. Resolving the duality of life, especially the emotional life, taking loss as a part of life, that is the final resolution to be made.

Of course accepting loss, even if it is the feline cats I love so dearly is not as easy as it is said. Their memory remains and the emotions still show when I think of them. A part of being human.

The stages of the Hero Journey The Monomyth

Jerry

Jerry,

I enjoyed reading the article, and your post above to Sam. Most always something to be taken from your words. In this instance especially:

"The stable of the emotional life is duality, conflicts. As Joseph Campbell put it, loss, loss and more loss.

...A part of being human."

I fully believe animals have souls and I'll wager those beautiful companions of yours are ever close to you now, still.

"Merry Christmas,"
Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thank you Kristi. Your words are comforting. I am fortunate to have such wise feminine friends. You understand the emotional aspects involved with loving, whethjer it be human or animal.

The past several years have seen not only the passing of my loved cats but also my ex-wife {Susie} and her mother both whom I had a very close relationship. In this Christmas season such emotions are magnified. Being a person who constantly examines the inner self {which should not be a surprise to anyone who is familiar with my personality}, as well as the psyche of anyone I should meet, looking at what was and what should have been, and trying to reconcile it all is something to be expected. So many factors to life. We all have a story to tell and when we begin to tell it to ourselves, I believe that is a good start on healing whatever wounds there are. I shall always be emotional about those I love. Getting in touch with those emotions are important.
Have a great New Year.

Jerry

Jerry,

I don't know how I missed this earlier, but am glad to have now read it, especially as I am sitting here beginning (finally, now, "beginning") to write (tell) my story. Just a time line at this point with high points, generalities, places, times, events, themes, etc. Details can ("will") be filled in as time goes on. But this is so important for me to do. I've done a time line before. I 've written a missive here and a missive there. But, now, I want/intend for this to be/become a full history of my life, a work in (working) process, my archeological laboratory. So, I find coming to read this message from you now, both timely and affirming for me. I am sorry I did not read your note sooner. Thank you, Jerry, and Happy "New" Year to you, too.

I am glad you found my words comforting. I did not want to say too much, felt that was enough.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present