Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreams

The following dreams occurred over a five day period and the last one was two nights ago:

In the first dream I am in an open shower having completed a workout and there is one other person/man in the shower. Not paying much attention but another gentleman comes to the shower door and asks the first person ‘who’s in there with you?’ the guy says no consequence to you. They talk but I am unaware of what they are saying. Suddenly I become aware that the person at the door wants to see me and I realize the first person is taller than I and broader so I am hidden. The larger guy tells me to follow behind and he leads me to the shower door and tells me to go ahead to the locker room. I then realize I am not finished showering and return to the warmth of the shower and water. The man that had been there prior says you should be alright and the other man just glares at me in my entirety. I am not uncomfortable but I am wondering what is on his mind. The first guy leaves and tells me I should be all right because the man just hangs around the shower nude and watches everyone. I become unaware of his presence and wake up.

In the second dream my spouse and I are shopping for flowers and deciding on colors for the spring and summer. After looking at pansies, impatiens, zinnias etc I suggest we purchase turnips with the tops and roots. The purple and white on the turnip bottoms are quite vibrant. I then suggest beets because the bottoms are truly red/maroon and contrast to the green tops. We continue to look at vegetables for spring/summer flowers. We settle on the turnips and beets but continue to look…No closure to the search.

In the third dream there are many people around and some are dressed in light gray or purple robes. There are others that are not. Someone says to the ones in the robes you should be flying and someone says ‘but we can’t’. I then step up on a platform and say to those in robes you must believe in yourself that it can be done and you will begin to ‘levitate’. Everyone looks at me in astonishment and asks why I am not ‘flying’. I am embarrassed because several people and now flying…I begin the think deeply and then begin to fly around and encourage others to believe in themselves and they will be successful. The crowd begins to be very calm as they watch us flying around and being encouraging.

I have worked through this and am not certain I am getting all the implications. There is some unsettling parts of my life now as I seek permanent employment and the financial implications if it does not happen soon. Any insight to these dreams would be appreciated.

Lawrence

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 MD

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dreams

Lawrence,
I will provide my thoughts on your dreams later today or in the morning. I will have more time to properly address all three dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Lawrence,
I'll begin with the first dream.

My sense is you are in conversation/dialog with yourself, or your other self {your true self}. The open shower may suggest you need to open up to this other self, aspects that you have not or will not 'come clean' to. The taller/wider self is who you need to open up to. This aspect has been hidden. Returning to the warm shower may represent hiding this aspect within the unconscious {water}. As long as you keep it within the unconscious {hidden} you feel 'alright'. But in reality you need to expose {nude} this hidden aspect to the conscious self. Be the 'bigger' self and come clean/expose these true emotions/aspects

Dream 2
You are searching for something in life, possibility to do with personal growth {shopping for flowers}. Looking at and deciding on the turnips may suggest something that has strong roots for personal growth {turnip bottoms are quite vibrant}. The tops may be the thinking head which although seeking harmony and balance in personal growth {green} the thinking self can get in the way. This would be in contrast to letting the 'natural' self take control. You know the path you need to take {decide on the turnips} but are you are unsure of what to expect {a common dilemma for anyone on the hero journey}.

Dream 3
I think this dream statement states what is needed in your life; say to those in robes you must believe in yourself. Robes are what cover up what is truly within yourself. Be your true self and you can 'fly', get above the ordinary self and become all you can be. That leads to real success in life. Not material worth but inner worth. It is within yourself these things reside. You need only to open up to the 'taller' possibilities.

All three dreams seem to be focused on personal growth. And looking within to discover the 'taller' self. These are aspects of the hero journey, a path when taken leads to the greater self and greater possibilities.

Of course the above is addressing the deeper aspects. There are probably personal associations also, having to do with recent waking experiences. Only you can know what those are.

Jerry

Jerry,

I was tracking along the same lines but your comments provided great insights that I missed. I am on a Hero’s journey that was not expected at this point in life but it is exciting and providing excitement! I do need to be ‘true’ to myself and fulfill my higher calling on this quest.

I am more ‘vibrant’ and being more open to the movement of the Spirit without feeling the need to ‘control.’ I am well into the reading of ‘The Power of Myth’ and it is a great point to be reading it, thanks for the recommendation!

Blessings,

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 MD

Lawrence,
The Power of Myth is a powerful tool to better understand the journey of the hero, the hero of mythology as well as the inner hero that dwells within all of us. Joseph Campbell articulates not only that journey into a language we all can understand but also is a great primer for anyone interested in Jungian psyche. It was 18 years ago I first viewed this program on PBS {a synchronistic event that began my journey}. I knew that very day my life had changed. It is enlightening, magical, a source of knowledge that can lead to the 'secrets' within the psyche. You are going to love this book/audio book/video.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present