Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A silver ring with black gemstone

My husband comes home and offers me a silver ring with a big black lustrous gemstone, telling me that his mother gave it to him , for me. I get upset and I tell him that it's a shame, she owns so many wonderful golden rings with diamonds (which is true) and instead of giving me one of those, she sends me a rather cheap ring.

I have reasons to be stressed up these days, so the interpretation of this dream would probably offer me good help to understand things better.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: A silver ring with black gemstone

Cynthia,
Look at the ring given you compared to what you could have received as how life is treating you. Rings are circular which is a symbol for wholeness and a prosperous life. Life has given you something not as valuable as you wish to have. This would match the stress in your life.

But there may be other aspects to the dream. Depending on how you really feel about your husband and/or his mother {unconscious dreams provide your true feelings} the 'cheaper' ring may be saying something about one or both of them. What you have is your husband, 'given to you by his mother. If the relationship{s} are not as 'valuable' as it/they should be the less valuable ring may represent a 'lesser' quality of life with him/both. He is reflective of her. Perhaps you feel he, she, or both are 'cheap' in some aspects of the relationship{s}.
Deeper emotions come from the deep unconscious {big and black} and reflect the 'deeper' underlying emotional conflicts in life. Although the dream may be addressing the stress in your life it could also be focusing on the primary causes of that stress {your husband and/or his mother}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,

this is a very helping interpretation!
I have a wonderful husband and our relationship has been very good. Yet, I never really liked his mother. I never felt friendly to her. Our interest, personalities and way of life are so very different... All she cares is her belongings, her jewellery and fur coats and judges people by how rich or not they are - which I find ..cheap!! These days we're in need of some money but we know she wouldn't give a cent if we ask from her. She's spending her money so carelessly while we could really be helped by some of it. I guess this is what my dream is about - after your so fine interpretation.
Thank you very much!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Cynthia,
Thanks for your response. I was difficult to determine who was being 'cheap' from your dream, your husband or his mother. The most obvious would be the mother since the dream stated she gave a 'cheap' ring instead of something more valuable. I couldn't determine if her had inherited her 'cheapness'. It is best it was her since you don't have to live with her but you do with your husband. And of course the stress factor is apparent from both your statement and the dream {I get upset}. Hopefully understanding this dream will relieve some of the stress.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present