Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I dream numbers

Last night I dreamed of the numbers 3400 and 40. In my dream my son needed money for a car payment or to keep his car from being reposessed, the total was 3400 but the company would settle for 40 dollars.

What does this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 and Unite4d States

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: I dream numbers

gill,
Difficult to say what the dream is really trying to communicate being such a short dream. The numbers may have personal associations but probably are symbolic. If we look at the dream using normal symbolic representations this is what it may be saying:

• car-a car is a symbol for the dreamer and the direction in life they are taking.
  • son- could have personal associations {your true son} and/or could represent developing masculine qualities
  • money-self worth, your values or principles
  • repossessed-taking back or taking control of some aspects of your life
  • payment-paying for those negative choices you make in life
  • 3400-if there are no personal associations to this number then look at adding the two together {7. Or multiplying 3x4 {12 added together=3}. Seven is a number that could represent wholeness or conflict. 3 is a number that could represent not completely whole which suggest something is in conflict in your life
  • 40-or 4, a number which represents wholeness, getting your life together

Here is a guess. Is there an emotional conflict in your life having to do with your son? Perhaps you need to learn to take control and say no {a masculine quality}

If not having to do with your son it may be directed at taking control back {repossessing} of your life {son-developing a masculine attitude}

Look at these possibilities and 'report' back to me. Your response may shed light on the possibilities.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

You are so right, especially about the taking control part. Dealing with a lot of conflict at this moment and I am trying to figure out how to resolve.

Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 united states

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

gill,
Do the numbers have any personal associations to your waking life? Or are they purely symbolic as I suggested? The $40 may be easier to identify if there are any personal associations.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

That may be a possibility, if I would look at it as 4 +0 that would equal 4. I had 4 children, and one committed suicide, so that may be it. Did I mention that at the end of the dream I heard the one surviving sibling crying, after speaking to him on the phone. I also have 4 brothers.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 united states

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

gill,
Thanks for the response. Your 4 brothers and 4 children could very well be the dream's focus. As for the 3400, we may be able to look at the 4's in your life and make that fit. The 3rd 4 being the desire for wholeness in life, something we all wish for albeit unconsciously. In Jungian psyche 4 represents wholeness and 3 is one short of being whole. From the MDS Dream Dictionary:

Three - Jung says three may signify that something is nearly but not quite complete; or that what is lacking in you can be supplied only by some part of your unconscious self that you find too frightening to acknowledge and use (Even God, he says, is not quite complete without the Devil).

Four - Wholeness; the completely integrated human psyche.

It could be your life is incomplete with the loss of your 5th child. The sequence in the dream is 3400 whereas it should be 3450..., your 5th child. {I see 6 as overcoming conflict in the personal life which leads to wholeness and 9 being the whole person}. 69, yin/yang

It is difficult to say this is the dream's intent but such applications of numbers in a dream are common. The unconscious mind has a set of principles it uses in dreams. Jung's archetypes are one of those set of principles. An archetype is a pattern from which copies can be made, the origins from the primitive mind.

Perhaps we have solved the riddle. What remains to re-discover the wholeness that is lacking in life. That is one primary function of dreams. By helping resolve the emotional conflicts {dreams are therapeutic} we take a giant step toward that balanced and harmonious life we wish for.

Jerry

I have made this post a featured dream in the revolving Billboard on the front Page of the Myths-Dreams-Symbols website. If you have had a 'numbers' dream please post it for an interpretation so we can discern the meaning. Most dreams with numbers do have a specific application to the waking life. Just how they fit usually can be discovered with a bit of probing, as with this dream.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present