Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
gratitude

Hi Jerry and Kristi,

No dreams recalled for a long time - maybe six months. I am journaling and finding insights into my "stuff" through this meditative activity.

Good events have unfolded the past year. Son and grandson now living with me. We are getting on well. It is a joy to see my son address challenging parenting issues and my grandson "blossom". The insights and support you two provided will always be held as a precious gift. Thank you.

When dreams are recalled - I'll be in touch.

Ken W

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 & Powell, WY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: gratitude

Ken,
Great to hear things are going well. Family is so important. Grandchildren are extra special. Look forward to hearing about your journaling. Putting the words into print can bring things into context. Patterns are revealed. Mysteries solved. Just as with the intent of our dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Ken,

You sound so well! It is good to hear from you!

I smiled at myself when I read that you have not recalled any dreams for six months. I'd be praying to my dream maker, "Plese send me dreams to help me." But you apparently are getting the needed nourishment through your meditative and reflecting journaling. And what wonderful mirrors you have there before you. I can feel the happiness in your words!

Best wishes,
Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Morning Jerry and Kristi,

I am looking forward to more dreams and the lessons they bring. So "praying to my dreak maker" happens. Till then, journaling continues, gratitude for the connection with you two at the forum and living well in moments that I have is soooo "satisfactory".

“There is no effect more disproportionate to its cause than the happiness bestowed by a small compliment.” - Robert Brault, poet.

Thank you both again for the work you do and have shared with me.

KW

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

“There is no effect more disproportionate to its cause than the happiness bestowed by a small compliment.” - Robert Brault, poet.

This is so true, Ken, and the spirit of your words have spread happiness!

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: persistance

I am with a group of friends, maybe ten, all mixed ages. We are visiting a big city, maybe Seattle. A child, my grandson, is with us. Everyone is having fun. When it is time to return to our vehicle which has been parked at some distance, I get separated from friends and eventually catch up. I find my friends by recognizing the voice of a female friend.

My grandson needs a new diaper and we all look for a place where I can change his diaper. We find a resort like place (cafe and bar) where I can shower and then change my grandson's diaper. It gets complicated as many of the shower stalls are in use. I persist and get a shower stall, wash my grandson and accomplish the diaper change. None of my friends volunteered to assist. Grandson was his usual fiercly independent self. And when in new diaper he returned to his happy and engaging activity.

I wakened feeling good and successful.

Ken,
I get the impression there are real life experiences in twinned with symbolic references in this dream. But the focus is more on that inner being.
The first part of the dream looks to be focusing on all stages of your psyche, 1 to 10. The big city would be the whole self. Seattle probably a real experience. There is a need to distance yourself from that social being {vehicle/social requirements} and you need to catch up with that 'Self'. The 'self', the creative/spiritual aspect is either new or being rediscovered {grandson}. You have separated yourself front that Self {friends}.

There is a need to change the 'dirty' aspects, the social duty/requirements. But it is more complicated than just wishing for it. Persistence/discipline prevails. As with the hero of myth, it is a journey of one {I think of the Knights of the Roundtable entering the forest where no one has ever gone before-you have to blaze your own trail}. You are that fiercely independent person, especially when you are in that 'hero mold'. You return to that true Self.

Have you recently had to engage in social requirements that seemed to dilute the hero journey? Real grandsons, diapers to change, perhaps having to volunteer for some event?

Jerry

If you look at all the images as aspects of yourself then I believe the dream becomes clear, at least the first part.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Morning Jerry and Kristi,

Is there a way to go into Dream Forum history and collect the dreams I've posted ... my dream history via Dream Forum?

I found this morning, while at breakfast with a friend, another dream watcher. She is interested in sharing dreams here in Powell with me and sharing them on the Forum.

Lots of stuff unfolding with family. The unfolding is in a direction I like. Grandson is begining to open with verbal expressions, son is taking steps to deal with his history of loss and related anger, I am learning to keep my mouth shut and trust them to find their way and I am doing more of what brings me fulfillment while not trying to fix all the "broken parts" in my family. Which is some of the social obligatios from my last dream I think.

The guidance you two have provided has been and will continue to be an instructive and helpful part of my journey. Gratitude and thanks ....

Namaste,

Ken

Hi Ken,

Good to hear things are going so well for you.

If you are at the forum main page seeing the listing of all recent dreams, simply click on your underlined name just beneath the title of this thread (Gratitude). That will take you to a list of all posts by "Ken."

Best Wishes,
Kristi

Ken,
You can also use the 'Search' tool at the top of the page {where is says 'by keywords'}. Type your name and then choose 'by user'. This works with either the Board or Threaded page.

Jerry

thanks kristi, I have it and am amazed (from a progressive Luditte point of view) at how easy you and Jerry have made it.

thanks,

kw

Thanks Jerry, I am in and looking at the whole "library" of my posts. You and Kristi have made this site easy and soooo helpful.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Just want to clarify that there was a time when I was posting and responding to dreams here much more than I currently do...and for a brief period was listed as a co-host. I think this is when you began posting here. Perhaps this is why you link me more closely with the forum. But this here forum/site is all Jerry's creation/domain.

Nonehtheless, I hear and appreciate your kind regards for me. Thank you.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present