Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death of Sons

Hi, I have had two separate, disturbing dreams of my children dying. I did not see them dying in the dreams, but learned of it from someone else. Of course, these dreams were very upsetting to me, although I understand that a dream about death does not mean real death. The other interesting thing about the dreams is that my nephew really died in an accident shortly after the first death dream, and then shortly after his death I had the other death dream. Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49, Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Death of Sons

Linda,
Could you provide one or more of the dreams in more detail? That is the best way to interpret a dream. To relieve your fears it is very rare for a dream to predict a death. Death is most always symbolic of something coming to an end in YOUR life. And your children could be symbolic language as well. Especially if your children are not named or a specific reference to your children. This is from the MDS dream dictionary.
Children - Childhood aspects of yourself. Vulnerability, innocence part of your personality. A reference to a childhood experience.

So look at the dream as something directed at you more so than your children. Again, of you can provide a detailed description of the dreams or as much as you can remember perhaps I will be able to provide more insights.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the response. I usually remember a lot of details in my dreams, but these dreams were different.
All I remember is the heaviness, sadness and despair I felt after learning of the deaths. One detail I remember is that I was talking to two male friends and they asked me where Kyle was (my younger son), and I said "He's dead" and then my alarm went off and I woke up. Sorry I cannot remember much else.

Linda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49, Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Linda,
The appearance of the two males along with the 'death' of your son may be saying something about the 'demise' of your new developing masculine aspects or your animus. Kyle's death would represent your failure or loss in some aspect of YOUR life. The two male friends would represent positive masculine traits. In your waking life you may have had to use newly found masculine traits {strength, taking control, bread winner, perseverance, etc.} but for some reason those developing aspects have died {your son Kyle}. Or Kyle, if he is older, could posses qualities you possess or wish you possessed that are no longer serving you. Kyle would be symbolic of those qualities. Since there was a 'heaviness' associated with the dream the qualities would more likely be positive traits or aspects.

One other possibility would be that in recent days before the dream you may have had thoughts and/or fears of Kyle dying. Again their would be animus elements involved because of the two male friends in your dream.

The last, and least possible interpretation of the death of Kyle would be his actual death. Dreams seldom ever predict the future. They compensate what you already know. If Kyle did in fact had an illness you were aware of or suspected, but there were questions as to his mortality, then the dream could be saying something about his impending death. You psyche knew before hand, perhaps with intuitive thinking, that what was not known as fact was to about to occur. The mind is the ability of intuitive insights, an aspect we all possess to some degree {my abilities to interpret dreams involve a well developed intuitive sense}.
One exception that could 'predict' his actual death, and this would be an intuitive thing, would be if Kyle were in a position of danger, such as being in the armed forces in Iraq or Afghanistan where there were a greater chance of being killed. Women possess a greater degree of intuitive perceptions and such things do happen. The compensation aspect is involved but the actual 'knowing' would be a perception based on intuitive feelings. Rare but quite possible.

If you have a future dream about Kyle dying write it down as soon as you awake and post it at the Dream Forum. Recurring dreams are important since they reflect recurring aspects in your life, usually negative aspects such as this dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present