Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Poltergeist

Myself My girlfriend and someone else (male but couldn't see him) are in the bedroom of my house, although the furniture is still my Granddads except the bedroom which is mine. We are all in the bed. There is a loud noise coming from another room. My girlfriend goes to see what it is. She comes back and says the house is full of emotions, with that the door starts moving on its hinges as if something is smashing it from behind. The noise is now quite loud. I shout out that it is a poltergeist, my girlfriend runs back out the door I follow her into the bathroom. She is being pinned against the wall, up high by the poltergeist. I grab her. The other person from the bedroom runs downstairs, I take my girlfriend down too. As I get to the bottom of the stairs the other person opens the front door and says we have got to get out of the house. Once outside I say I need the car keys so I run back into the living room and get my keys off of the sideboard and run back out.
End of dream.

This dream woke me in the middle of the night I felt unnerved, got up to go the toilet and whilst in there heard someone call my name. When I came back to bed my girlfriend had stirred but said she did not call me.

My Grandad passed away a year and a half ago I sold my flat and bought his house, I moved my furniture in but have barely stayed there. I have been pretty much living at my girlfriends. I have recently put the house on the market to move in with my girlfriend, the house sold a few weeks back and is in the hands of the solicitors.

Thanks for your help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Poltergeist

James,
The 'someone else' would be an aspect of yourself, something you can' or won't see/acknowledge. The bedroom setting may be saying something about that aspect of your life {your gf being involved}. There is something new about this aspect whereas everything else is old, perhaps has not changed. The house full of emotions would represent you, you are full of emotions {again your gf is probably involved}. There is disorder {unexplainable poltergeist}, possibly emotional, that needs to be let out/eliminated{bathroom}. There may be a subconscious attitude {downstairs} on your part that includes your gf. This is something, an unconscious aspect, that you need to desperately let out {get out of the house}. It may be an emotional response that is 'key' to your personality, something that comes and goes.

What emotional aspect involving your gf have you experiencing or are still experienced that needs to be 'let out'? It may involve the 'living' situation with your gf. Is she pressuring you to do something that you resist? The deeper aspect may involve early life experiences that have influenced your attitude, perhaps one involving relationships? Were your parents divorced or had a bad marriage? It is hard to determine by the dream what exactly the strong emotional attitude is but it most likely involves your gf. Something recent.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard
Thank you for your quick reply.
I can relate to what you say. My Gf has been experiencing high emotions, her teenage Daughter is experiencing a depression amongst various other things going on. I am under no pressure to move in with her It is a joint decision. I am retracing my past at the present as I have always suffered low self esteem and do not understand why. I had a seemingly trouble free childhood. My gf encouraged me to work with my dreams to gain a deeper knowledge about myself and I have had quite a few recently.

kind regards

James

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 UK

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thanks James for the follow up response. Dreams reflect what the outer life is experiencing emotionally. The task is to translate the symbolic/metaphorical language of the dream to one that fits the waking life. But like a puzzle you can't put a square piece into a round hole. So it has to truly fit. I think we have done a good job of showing the dream does fit very much with your waking life.

Knowing this, what needs to be done? The dream statement, 'the other person opens the front door and says we have got to get out of the house'. This other person is your unconscious and getting out of the house, which is you, probably means you need to find a way to resolve the emotional conflict. The in and out may be letting the emotions become too much of a conflict.

Sit back, breathe in and out, slow down. The world isn't coming to an end, it is merely another obstacle to overcome in a relationship. In the world of the living {the living room} you possess the 'keys' to controlling your emotions. This will improve your self esteem if you can learn to take control of your emotions, and not let others emotions become such a burden.
Hard to do but learning to do it step by step will lead to an improved self. Learning to excise this poltergeist, your own shortcomings, low self esteem. Discipline, discipline, discipline.
Good luck.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present