Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flying and Singing

Hello Jeff, today, permit me to ask your interpretation of the dream of a close friend who wishes to find some answers. This friend is having Eating disorders and is following Overeater's Anonymous. I think you should know this, maybe it is of some significance. Yesterday she was very disappointed with herself because she did not follow her dietary program, she ate more than what was permitted and she slept disappointed of herself.
Her dream now:
She was very lightly dressed with a transparent dress and was flying - not high up in the sky, but rather elevated - . She was caressing her body, especially her belly (which in reality doesn't like at all and she believes it's where the weight problem is worse). While touching her belly she was joyful and singing an old Greek song which goes like "Oh deep blue sea, I love you so much as I am just like you : always restless as if you have a heart like my own poor heart. I am in sorrow and I'll come to talk to you about it. Waves, please take me with you to your long journeys". She was singing loud and clear.
She woke up immediately after the dream , feeling really happy!
we will both appreciate your interpretation on this. Thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Flying and Singing

I forgot to mention my friend's age. She's 50y.o. married. One son.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Cynthia,
Two possibilities to the dream.

The dream may be addressing her attempts/need to fight her obsession with her eating disorder. The body would be her self identity and or self worth. Her belly would represent her dealing with repressed emotions from the disorder. Finally doing what is necessary to remedy her condition would be why she felt so happy and was on an elevated level in the dream.

But the dream may also be directed at the need, and realization, to process any repressed emotions that are at the foundation of her disorder. Why does she do this, what are the causes? It could thought to be purely physical but being someone who believes there are most always underlying psychological reasons for emotional, or physical disorders, I see the possibility of the dream addressing these needs. As part of her OA participation there may be that aspect where the patient is taught to get in touch with her emotions. This could stimulate the dream, as a therapeutic function, to direct the dreamer to look deeper into her unconscious {Dreaming of your belly indicates that your are processing and integrating your ideas and feelings from the unconscious to the conscious level. The belly symbolically holds repressed emotions and unexpressed feelings.} for those underlying causes. Her condition is as much psychological as it is a physical thing. The dream, in its attempt to bring about balance, is trying to get her to see things underlying aspects so to have a more healthy life {the body would represent her state of health}. While she is finally working to correct her disorder she is unconsciously working on those reasons for it also.

Consciously she may not be aware of this process but eventually she will be faced with those psychological challenges that are the underlying reasons for her condition. Then her dreams may have a 'downward' tone instead of an elevated one. This is when she will be tested to the maximum. She will need to be brave and courageous. Good friends who encourage her would also be important.

So, while the dream is an expression of the positive attitude of finally taking real measures to elevate her eating disorder, the elevated level in the dream may also be the elevation of the unconscious stimuli of the causes for her disorder. Both would be positive steps, one a conscious attitude that would result in her feeling happy but also the positive function the dream wishes to communicate to her for the need to explore those deeper causes. For some this may be a stretch, the dream addressing the deeper psychological aspects, but for someone like myself who believes the dream attempts to delve into the deeper aspects, it is a usual function of the dream. It is through the process of resolving those deeper issues that she will find the ultimate happiness she seeks in her life. Not only the resolution of the eating disorder but the psychological causes for it.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,

once again your interpretation was so accurate and such a help to my friend Nana. She thanks you from her heart. It is true she has psychological issues that are responsible for this eating disorder, she herself is a Drama Therapist and through her knowledge and with the help of her supervising psychotherapist, she's working on her inner self. She has made progress, that's true. The night she saw that dream was quite disappointed of herself as she had eaten more than she should. So this interpretation of yours conveyed her the message she should be glad for what she has succeeded on and not on some wrongs she occasionally does.
Please, let us know if she can be part of this forum while it will be me to write about her dreams - as I told you, she doesn't speak English. If you make files by our names, I will be writing her own name (Nana) if it is about a dream of hers. And her age etc. Let's say I will be a kind of ....secretary to her! :)
Thank you once again!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Cynthia,
Nana is more than welcome to be a part of the forum. Her experiences will be an inspiration as well as knowledge for others who are attempting to control negative habits. We all have something we substitute for that inner nourishment that is lacking or missing. Her dreams can provide insights to where she is at on her journey, the inner self being reflection a of her true being. She can learn to love herself by being that person within.

You have done an excellent job in translating not only her language to English but her dreams as well. I look forward to working with her and you and hopefully together we can finds ways to provide support for her in her journey to be whole. It will be a difficult task no doubt but with success she will find that the path becomes much easier. Her confidence level will be 'elevated' and her songs will be real and not solely a dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present