Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Window Shopping

Hello!
I saw it is summer morning and I'm downtown, shopping. I stand in-front of the window of a shoe store, looking at some very nice shoes. I know this store, it's the one I'm usually buying shoes from. While I'm window shopping, I see a deceased family friend coming close to me. A man in his 60's. Once he comes next to me, he takes both my hands into his in a very warm handshake, he is smiling, he looks almost happy and after this handshake, leaves without a single word.

It was a short dream but too vivid and I recall every detail, even the shirt this man was wearing, the way he had combed his hair etc.

In my reality, this man's son and his wife, are good friends of mine.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Window Shopping

Cynthia,
The dream seems to be pointing to a need to 'shop' for something in your life, some thing that would fill those 'shoes' that make up a part of who you are. The old man would be an 'old' masculine aspect, most likely a male figure. It could in a minor way represent your masculine/animus qualities. But that too would most likely be associated with an actual male. Here are a couple of suggestions that may fit with this male person.

Shoes often symbolize 'foundations' that support who we are/become in life. They also can represent 'shoes to be filled', shopping for some thing to fill a void in your life. The deceased man, in his 60s, may represent a male figure, and being the father of 'close' friends, perhaps a male model you need or wish to have/had in your life. What was the relationship with your father like? Could this man fill the shoes your father did not?Or if your father is deceased could this man fill those missing shoes? {the old man's demeanor in the dream may fit with the positive impressions you have of your father}

Then there is the possibility the man represents your father and the warm relationship you 'had' with him {if he is not in your life or deceased}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Jeff!
My father has died and I had the most wonderful relationship with him, he was and is my hero! :) He was a philanthropist, had founded an orphanage, many of those orphans admit he was a real father to them. He was loving me so much and was so supportive. I guess, as I'm in some difficult position as you know, mainly economy issues, I miss him and I believe that if he was here, next to me, he would have found a way to help me. So you're right, this old deceased man, should be my own father!
This interpretation made me hopeful that I will somehow find a help (..from above?) . I somehow feel my father's energy won't leave me without support!
Thank you Jeff.

btw. I had sent a dream of a friend (Feb.25). She asked me to get an interpretation from you, as she does not speak English and could not mail it herself. If you can kindly look it up, we'll appreciate. I only wrote it because she doesn't speak English. Thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Cynthia,
We do have the memories of our loved ones who have made the transition. It doesn't fill the void but they will always be in our hearts.

I missed the post from the 25th. I'll provide an interpretation in the morning.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present