Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Finding I left purse behind

For the last few months, I've had a recurring segment in various dreams where I discover my purse and realize I walked away and just left my purse somewhere. When I walk up and see my purse, I feel "oh geez, I can't believe I did this again". In the dream before last, all someone took was a credit card and I remember thinking I'd have to call the CC company quickly before the one who took it used it. In last night's dream, all of my credit cards were taken but not my cash or check book. I remember thinking what a hassle it was going to be to call all the CC companies and I wondered if I would be able to remember which credit cards were in my purse. The context of the rest of the dream was trying to find a restaurant where I was to meet my brother for dinner. The other restaurant where we usually would go had closed. This new restaurant was on the top floor and there wasn't an elevator which didn't bother me (elevators frighten me) but I wondered how my 85 year old father was going to be able to get up the stairs with me. So....what do you think Jerry?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Georgia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Finding I left purse behind

Lisa,
A purse is something that holds those 'valuables' or 'values' in your life. Because there is a repetition, "oh geez, I can't believe I did this again", you may want to examine what it is you keep doing that may be associated with values or principles you live or should live by. Losing your credit cards may represent a carelessness in some aspect of your waking life. Combine that with 'values/principles' and see where it might fit. You may or wish to be a person of particular principles {credit cards were in my purse} but you keep 'losing' your way or abandoning those things you know are best for you.

Restaurants often symbolize emotional nourishment. Your brother may represent your actual brother {is he someone you often consult or confide in?} or/and your own masculine traits. Having to find a new restaurant may suggest a need for some other mold of emotional nourishment. The top floor may suggest the 'thinking aspect', something perhaps to do with your father. This aspect of the dream may be addressing foundations that cause you to keep 'losing your values'.

Give it some 'thought' and see if any of my suggestions fit.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Lots of questions surface after reading your response Jerry and I'm pondering. I wonder if the fact that someone takes my credit cards but leaves my cash suggests anything else to you. Can my brother symbolize my desire for a love/life partner? A relationship with someone in NH (and hippie boyfriend from HS 40 years ago) has ended in strictly friendship while I have my eyes open for a new relationship. I have been spending money without any budget in mind..sort of a "can't take it with you", free thinking. Could be "careless" or could be shifting "values". Hard to say. I'm anxious to not drag my past hurt feelings with my 85 year old father "up the stairs" any more but wonder if they will follow any way. I don't like the word "should" lately. I've been enjoying being a bit of a free spirit instead of convention but convention is probably better for me financially and fitting in where I live. Sounds boring though. I guess I am conflicted but don't have anything tangible to work with to sort it out. I apologize for the rambling response...lots to chew on here but I'll be interested to see what you think.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Georgia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Lisa,
Taking your credit cards and not your cash {or check book} could be saying something about recent waking life experiences. That would go along with the other possibilities I suggested, the deeper issues. Recent waking experiences can be hard to define in a dream. In later stages of life the deeper issues are usually the prime focus of the dream but as with all dreams they address other emotional issues also, including those having to do with recent waking conflicts. Have there been recent issues with the use of your credit cards? Dreams are seldom direct in such language {hassles with CC companies being a normal waking conflict for many}. But if there is such a problem the, yes, the dream could be focused on that also.

But don't look past the deeper issues. Those are the basic foundations of who you are and any 'issues' with credit could stem from such foundations. Our adults are often influenced by unconscious stimuli and until those are resolved the issues only get worse. Besides the credit cards and cash in the dream there are the issues of the restaurant also. Even if the dream is being direct in the credit card issues, involving a restaurant with that would not be a norm for the dream. The restaurant would be symbolic, as would the cash and CC in dealing with the deeper issues and emotions.

And then there is the inclusion of your 85 year old father. Is he that age? What past experiences would that involve? Close relatives are but a few of actual 'literal' experiences in a dream. He could also be symbolic.
A lot of possibilities. Thinking about it is what the dream is intending to get you to do. Especially the deeper issues that you may not have considered as influential forces in your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present