Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eating dead butterflies

Last night, I asked to have a dream regarding the truth about my relationship.

In my dream we went to see a wise woman and I asked her to read the cards for me and to find out what was in my partners heart.

She said she wasn't in the mood, but then offered us a snack, which was some kind of biscuit and a dead monarch butterfly (I have been seeing live monarch butterflies a LOT over the last 3 months, I lived through the recent Christchurch earthquake and they have a lot of significance for me, as a friend (and partners best friend) of mine died and the last photo taken of him had a monarch on his hand).

I wondered aloud if we should eat the dead butterfly, and then we all had a bite... It was the oddest sensation. This dream has me rattled.

Please help. I also dreamed this night of a white thread breaking, and a pile of clutter all piled up and hidden away that I knew I had to clean up asap (I imagine this pile refers to emotional stuff I have not dealt with).

PLease help! Thanks, Hannah.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, NZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Eating dead butterflies

Hanna,
Intuition may help with determining what is within your partner's heart but your dreams can only reveal what is in your heart. This may be the reason for why your 'higher conscious self' {wise woman} was not in the 'mood'. And the fact you are emotionally 'consumed' with recent tragedies and your emotions are more attuned to that than you realize.

The butterfly would represent the 'beautiful' things in life and with what you have experienced in recent months that all seems to have died. Your wise self, in response to your looking for assistance about life is wanting you to understand this part of life and you must accept and participate in both the good and bad in life {eating the dead butterfly}.

Breaking the thread may be breaking the thread of life. Emotions attuned to that would be associated with the 'dead butterflies'. You are probably right about the clutter, the emotional clutter you are dealing with. Although you are trying to determine where your partner's heart is, unconsciously the emotional 'clutter' is something you need to clean up as much as that.
Is there a reason for accessing your partner's intent? Is it because you need comforting because of recent events? That may be a wrong turn since what you must determine is where your heart is with all the 'emotional clutter' you are dealing with. Worrying about love concerns may be something you need to wait on so not to compound the emotional clutter. The wise woman within knows best.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hanna,
Another aspect of the dream I believe worth mentioning is the other possible changes in you, and your heart. The recent experiences may have precipitating an early transformation {butterflies undergo their 'metamorphosis'}, the beginning of the early stages of mid-life transformations {which usually begin in the mid to late 30s/early 40s}. That beautiful life of early adulthood going back to childhood {where emotional responsibilities are less demanding} is ending and the balance we all seek {the 'round' biscuit which would constitute the circle of 'wholeness} is ending. You are taking an 'early bite' of that transformation.

In Jungian psyche all dreams have at least two applications or interpretations. One would be the original interpretation that focuses on more recent experiences/events in your life. The second would be the deeper aspects, the focus on the natural changes that come with aging, and experiences. The traumatic events in your life would naturally be 'maturing' and a change of focus that comes in mid-life may be in its early stages. But in the end the results are the same. It is the experiences in life that produce wisdom. And death is a fact of life and accepting that is something that must come about to have a balanced and harmonious life. If not the emotions will be overwhelming, life would continue only in sorrow.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

HI Jerry, and thankyou!

you are some kind of angel of dreams [:)

It's really good to know that dreams can only show you what's within YOU; i'm glad I won't be so misguided in future.
I felt rather choked up when reading your reply; unfortunately i'm using public internet at one of our lovely NZ libraries and had to hide the tears a bit!

Just last night I was speaking to my partner about how dead i'm feeling inside; since the earthquake all my good friends have left the city and my characters (i'm a writer) in my novels feel like they are shriveling up and withering away, as are the worlds they live in, crumbling and falling away.

I have been physically decluttering my home and have been letting go of people who cause a lot of my stress, big shifts have been in the mix.

now I'm left with a hollowed-out feeling; but I began to wonder if it's necessary; that indeed, I am changing, entering a new stage of life. I wonder if all this clearing out and sacrifice will open the way to a whole new world, more wonderful and rich and deep than I could ever imagine. I've been in a rush to dig deeper into life since I was a child, I often get told I'm dealing with things that most people don't until they are much older but I simply don't feel I have the time (many near death experiences before age 25!!) I am hoping I will be one interesting old lady!!!

Thanks again, all this helped so much. I will be coping your responce to re-read frequently when there are less people around!

Bless, Hana.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, NZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Hanna,
It does fill my soul knowing I have been of some help. Having had that 'dead' feeling I understand the emptiness, the void. And having found remedies for that void from Jungian psyche I feel it important to share what I have learned so others can also find ways to feel 'alive' again. What I have learned, from my own experiences as well as from working with others at the Dream Forum, those 'dead parts' are usually related to early life experiences. Because the psyche is so fragile at that time of life it takes a lot to remedy what was 'imprinted' as a child. Parental love and acceptance is so important. So many of us, if not most of us, are lacking in these early life experienecs with parents. That is too often the problem, a lack of proper 'nourishment' by one or both parents. An infant's/child's psyche learns so much more than we could have ever imagined. And what is learned at this early age is often imprinted for life. Reconciling what was not given with who was to blame can be difficult. It is next to impossible to erase that 'printed' matter but learning to understand why it is there is the next best thing. it does help us to let go, and move on.

Discovering what is lacking and what is needed to be whole again can be a long road to travel. Learning to accept it was not the 'child' who was at fault is the great first step. Letting go of the self blame is another giant step. Moving on is most definitely a step in the right direction.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present