Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nana Banquet

Good day Jeff. Here is Nana's dream again. I quote:

" I am at the Banquet Hall of a big Hotel where a big Reception was held. Even though I was one of the guests (there were too many guests, about a thousand) , I felt I was in charge of the catering as well and I was caring on whether the foods would be warm etc. It was a Gourmet buffet. One girl came close to me and told me that there was also one more group like ours, living at another hotel, having a Reception like ours as well. While I was waiting for the food to be served, a teenage girl, came close to me, looked at me sharply and said "I hate you. I hate you all!" I embraced her and said "You must be a very unhappy girl" and while I was holding her, she started telling me that she hates everybody and she is ill, has a contagious pneumonia. I thought "is there a chance I get her infection now that I'm holding her into my arms?" No, I did not feel afraid as if I wouldn't mind getting infected. After this, I went to where the food had been served but all the gourmet food was already taken away and there was only one small table that had some pies which looked like homemade pies, not well presented and not Gourmet as the other ones I missed. I tried some spinach pie which was not tasty at all. It was all pastry , very little spinach and no cheese at all and I did not like it."

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Nana Banquet

Cynthia,
A thousand things, emotional things going on in Nana's life. The warm and caring nourishment she needs is also something she feels she needs to give {friends like you and perhaps her therapist and animal care giver}. The teenage girl is Nana and something about her past is what she hates. Those experiences have contaminated her whole emotional life. She is afraid it will get worse. Although she does have plenty of emotional support from friends there are still the doubts and emotional conflicts. Life is not the 'gourmet' she wishes for. The emotional nourishment is still lacking {an inner conflict on Nana's part}.

Is Nana's dream therapist a psychologist? Childhood/teen issues seem to be at the center of Nana's emotional turmoil. That would most likely require a trained psychologist to help resolve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you Jeff!

Yes, her supervising therapist is psychologist and they're working on Nana's issues. As I've said before, she has done much progress in this area but as you very well say, she still has a long way to go, as family members do not permit she forgets childhood traumas. :(. Hope all is good at yours, we thank you once again. :)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Cynthia,
That is good news, her therapist being a psychologist.

A question that may be important. In the dream there is the 'girl' What was the girl's age. The girl is most likely Nana. If the girl was young, a child, adolescent or early teens, then that period of time may be important in understanding her emotional conflicts. The experiences from early life when defined will help resolve the underlying stimulus for the conflicts. If there was abuse, physical and/or psychological, in early years those defining experiences/influences could be an unconscious controlling agent in her adult life. I had such experiences and it was not until my mid 40s before I began to realize what they were. Once I did I was able to take back control of my unconscious life. Dreams will reveal those unconscious influences. determining what they are is a primary reason to interpret our dreams. It reveals the truth.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,
The girl in Nana's dream is 17yo and as she told me it is true that when she was that age, she was thinking that if she would kill herself, maybe her parents would "take notice" of her!! She was thinking so, not with hate or anger for them, rather with sadness and bitterness.... She believes that lately her dreams are very helpful and very important ones. So she told me last night's...two dream in a row and she believes it's of significance! So, here I quote Nana :

" I'm visiting a small studio I'm keeping just for myself and I visit from time to time. This room I keep when to visit only when I feel like. It's a small, little humid apartment, dark but clean. It has two single beds that are attached to each other like a twin bed. It must have been that my husband Panos has visited some time ago because I see his body trace over the covers of one bed. It's 3pm. and I turn on the radio, low volume as I don't wish to disturb the neighbours. I lock the door with its self attached key, even though I'm having a fear I might get locked into the room. Outside the door, there is a good dog that has taken notice of my presence. There, there outside the door there is also a brown plant that has grown and has 3 branches that are entering the apartment.I'm thinking that this might have been a very slow procedure as I had not taken notice of this plant before.
====
In my second dream, I live in a rich home and 2 high society lady friends come to visit, bringing sweets and delicatessen. I tell them I don't need them and to go and put it in the freezer where many similar products are already kept inside. These 2 friends are mentioning the names of some of them and I only remember one name "White Jasmine". I don't get challenged! Suddenly, I see myself on a carriage, together with 2 other friends and my friend Daphne, dressed as bride. We're taking her to the church to see her getting married. I ask Daphne "Why hasn't your mother come with you?" and she answered that her mother will be waiting for her at the church. I think this is not right and I get sad. I'm telling her so and while I look at her, I see her looking old, tired and with a dark wig that did not flatter her at all. Although I'm really emotional, I feel like I've just told her a lie!.."

Wow, that was a... productive night for Nana!!

Thank you Jerry, have a wonderful weekend!! :)

Cynthia,
The small room is an small aspect of Nana's psyche. It may possibly be an aspect that seems small, a past experience she unconsciously possesses. In such an instance she may have had experiences she has repressed and needs to remember and confront, to bring it to consciousness so to remove the emotional conflict it causes. She 'visits' this room only when she feels a need. This may suggest this is a controlling agent in her waking life, the influences from the experiences being an unconscious agent that prevents her from being 'whole'.

The room has the 'traces' of masculine influences. The bed symbol would be important it could have to do with the dream world since she has become accustomed to posting her dreams and my interpretations}. But other possibilities from her past need to be considered also. There is emotional conflict associated with these symbols the number 3}. The low sound and not wanting to disturb her neighbors would be an unconscious 'sound' that she does not want to disturb her waking life repressed experiences that would be disturbing if consciously expressed}. She has locked these experiences in the Little room in her psyche}. The good dog on the outside would be her vet, or more likely something associated with her vet that she feels is a therapeutic resource possibly animals, her cats and dogs}. The brown plant is something that is growing, something that has to do with her inner emotional conflicts and something she has not taken notice of before consciously}.

From this first dream I get the impression there are 'repressed' aspects that have not yet been completely revealed or addressed. Nana thoughts of suicide at the age of 17 may have something to do with this. But what drove her to these thoughts would be more important. Why did she have these thoughts? What past experiences, before she was 17, made her want to think of committing suicide? Has she repressed the memories of these experiences?

The Second Dream
Nana's outer life seems to be rich and highly successful. But there is deep freeze where the sweets of these impressions are placed {the outer life is an illusion}. The 'products' inside her unconscious are key to her personal growth {white Jasmine, a plant that grows}. The marriage is reconciling the emotional conflicts. Those may have to do with what is, or was missing in her life. Her mother who was not at the wedding}. She feels her mother will be there but deep inside she knows that is a 'lie'.

Are there mother issues in Nana's life? The repression could have to do with those memories or influences a mother who never provided proper emotional nourishment would be an influence on future life}. What part did Nana's mother play in her life?

We seem to have two motifs from these dreams. One is repression and the other a mother relationship. In her therapy where have these issues taken her? What issues remain to be revealed or addressed associated with these two issues? Progress will be made when these two aspects are properly addressed and reconcile. The dream is trying to do this at least they are in my summation}. Is she doing it also?

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you for your wonderful interpretation. Nana is on a short trip so I mailed her your translated interpretation. As soon as I have her response, I'll tell you about it.
Thank you again.
Cynthia

Hi Jeff,
N. got the interpretation and she thanks you so much for the help you're always providing. She asked me to talk to to a bit about her family background, especially the problems she has with her mother. Her father died a couple of years ago, after enough years of having cerebral damage, could not walk, could not talk! It was a very painful period for N. as she loved her father too much. Now, her mother, after her husbands death,... flourished! lol She was always interested in literature, she was a poet herself and she started editing books and writing theatrical plays. She's very active, given she's 85y.o.! She still is beautiful lady, tall, lean,she takes much care on her looks and she enjoys when people are flattering her. She's always condemning N. for being overweight, she even tells her she won't get surprised in her husband who is very handsome (he is!) will cheat on her! As if this mother is ashamed HER daughter is not as good looking as she should!!! Enough times N. senses she favours her older sister. The most traumatic event in N.'s recent past, is this : Her stepbrother was a well known doctor, very rich, very handsome, a bon viveur and was living on the floor above N's home. One morning the clinic called N.telling her that her brother did not show to operate and his cell phone is off. So, she went upstairs to see what's the matter. He was lying on his bed, shot to the head. He had committed suicide and no one ever understood the reason why!! His outer image was an image of a Man who had everything a Man could want. Success, wealth, appreciation, women were standing in line for him. Is it logical he bought the latest Porsche model and a week later to shoot himself??
That's what she asked me to let you know, as she believes is a useful information you can use when interpreting her dreams.
She's grateful for your concern and thanks you so much. I thank you too for taking time for your friends here! I hope my English is not bad so my meanings come to you clear enough! hehe
Lately, I don't remember the dreams I see :((
Thank you once again,
Cynthia

Cynthia,
Let me take some time to digest the info about Nana's personal life. This will be helpful. As for the suicide. It is not uncommon to be on top of the world one day and the in the bowes of hell the next. The inner dwellings are hard to understand. But there are usually clues to behavior to such self destruction. They are hard to recognize especially. A cry for help usually begins early in life {watching the bio of Ted Bundy we can see how his cries were ignored-and that led to so much tragedy}.

Were there any indications of his self destruction? Anyone close to him can probably look back and see things that were not clear before hand. The outer self can seem to be healthy but if the inner life is not-that is where we all need to look.

Life is a psychological journey.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present