Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
married

it felt like that my dream started like i was in a tv drama. I was wearing skirt in school and it was raining.i'm not sure if i brought n umbrella. i saw from a distance my co-teacher wearing white shirt and when he looked at me as if he was telling me he's gonna tuck me in in his shirt so i won't get wet. as i get near to him, i was surprised that he ran towards me and kissed me in front of students.i was so afraid when he did that but felt happy inside.
then i was surprised with the next scene that he was already my husband and we're in bed..then when i took a bath, there are lots of drums with no clean water. one drum has a red towel soaked in soap.another drum has some water but full of dippers. i was lucky to find some water in a small drum but not sure whether it is clean but bathed still. then after getting dressed in yellow shirt and moss green pants, i noticed that the pants i'm wearing was my mom's. i tried to change but my classmate in high school came to tell me something which i cannot remember..then i woke up..

please help me interpret this..it's kinda weird because when i took the bath in that dream, it was in an open area inside the house not in a bathroom..thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, philippines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: married

Kate,
Two motifs come to mind in reading your dream. The first involves showing your true emotions. Those emotions would probably involve either your co-teacher or if not him, your teaching job. It could be both. If that is the case one would be more emotionally 'charged' than the other. If you do not have 'romantic' thoughts toward your co-teacher then look at the later possibility. These are positive emotions but there is a fear associated with them.

The second motif involves guilt, something you feel you have to cleanse yourself of. Because you are wearing your mom's pants there may be associations to aspects/characteristics she possesses you share. It could be something that has been 'drummed' into you that would cause guilt associated with 'unclean' emotions you are now experiencing. You want to change this particular aspect about yourself but other parts of you want something different.

Do you feel 'emotions' toward your co-teacher? Is there something your mom has warned you about {possibly something she has experienced} that you are now experiencing that cause guilt feelings?

Jerry [[meditate]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thanks for interpreting my dream..

In real life, i really do have a crush on him but because he's married i always evade him. he's so nice to me that whenever i have problems i consult him via email. i am afraid that people might misinterpret me.he's popular in school..he's interested in conducting a psychotherapy on me since he teaches psychology.. whenever we see each other, he always invites me to do some school activities with him but i always refuse.

i can talk to him casually but not comfortably in front of other people. he knew that i am shy that's why in school he was the first one to greet me and start the conversation.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Kate,
Your response confirms the 'romantic' aspect involving your co-teacher. But can you think of any part of the relationship where your mother would somehow be involved? Wearing your mom's pants suggests you are 'wearing' something related to her. That is something you tried to change {unless you were abruptly awoken the dream ending with that may suggest you have yet to succeed in changing whatever it relates to}. Perhaps it has to do with 'illicit thoughts' about being romantic with your married co-teacher {we're in bed}. Soon after this you take a bath in unclean water. Has your mother cautioned you about such relationships or thoughts? Or perhaps she herself has had an experience that provided insights to what occurs in an illicit relationship with a married man. Or perhaps it involves moral considerations that is in some form related to your mom.

Clarifying this part of the dream may provide clues to the deeper aspects that affect personality. Often there are underlying unconscious motivations the dreamer is not aware of and which the dream attempts to convey so to 'correct' the negatives involved.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

thank you so much for spending time to interpret my dream.

when you mentioned "illicit" relationship, there was a time that my father had this that i felt so heartbroken for my mother. i even asked my mother to leave him but my mother forgave him so that our family would still be complete.

since then, i was so protective of my mother and promised that i'd made sure that my father won't hurt her again.

kate,
Thanks so much for your response. Again we see that the dream language does fit with your waking life experiences using the language of symbol and metaphor {the pants i'm wearing was my mom's}. And we also see how early life influences {your father's illicit affair} are part of the dream's a 'regulatory' aspect {dreams are therapeutic in they help resolve emotions issues that are in conflict}. In this instance it seems to show a positive influence in that although you have a 'crush' on your co-teacher any outward pursuit of those feelings on your part could be devastating to one or more parties. Your mother's strong {and natural} reaction to your father's infidelity left a strong impression on your psyche and as you are in a situation that is similar to what was your mother's experience your psyche provided a symbolic reference to the negative aspects of any illicit affair on your part {even when it may be a thought and never a real possibility of intent}. As such, your mother's experience is an influence, positive, on your psyche. This is an example of the importance of understanding how early life experiences/influences can/will have a controlling aspect on the dreamer's later life {something I advocate often and see as a constant in dreams}. Our dreams use such experiences to help balance the psyche, the intent to resolve any negative emotional conflicts, and in your case to resolve a future negative conflict {which fits with Jung's theory that our dreams compensation or self regulation}.

The advice that the unconscious {dream} offers to the patient is what Jung calls a "compensation." The problem, Jung says, is that the attitude of the conscious mind is too one-sided and too narrow. The solution, he says, is "to compensate the one-sidedness and narrowness of the conscious mind by deepening its knowledge of the unconscious."

What is often not done is to listen to the dream advice {due to the indifference to the importance of dreams as well as an inability to understand the language of dreams}. If the dreamer has no conscious recall of the early life experience {in your case the 'drama' of the actual experience of the 'illicit affair'} then there is a good possibility the dreamer will repeat the mistakes that the dream is wishing to compensate. In the end your dream may be telling you to remember the consequences of illicit affair using your mother's experience as the example. Her experience became your experience {the pants i'm wearing was my mom's} and because it was so emotionally powerful left an impression on your psyche. My impressions are although you may not have
'readily' consciously remembered the affair you did have a remembrance of it in the subconscious and thus it is a regulatory factor in your conscious life. The dream may have the affect of reinforcing the impact of your mother's experience so you do not let your 'illicit thoughts' become a reality.

Is that a true comment on how you have treated your 'crush' on your co-teacher, having thoughts and perhaps fantasies of 'being in bed' with a married man but never having real intents of doing so? Or has the power of the crush become so strong there was a possibility of the 'TV drama' being played out {in which case the dream was pointing out the one sided aspect of the negative impact such actions would case}. Either way the dream is attempting to show you the negative
consequences {through compensation} which would cause an imbalance in your waking life if you ever went through with the 'illicit thinking'. And also using past experiences as an example of those consequences.

Jerry

thanks you so much jerry for your interpretation.

i understand now the connection of my dream and the importance of interpreting it so that i can put balance in my life. it is only now i realized through your impression that it is wiser to seek and heed the advice of the dream especially whenever i am troubled.

i am not aware that my refusals to my co-teacher's invitations in real life have a connection with my mom's experience..thank you for making me recall that part.that experience was painful and since my situation right now is similar i know that what i'm doing is the right thing to do..

again, thank you so much for interpreting my dream..

stats from 7-14-10 to the present