Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bookstore and woman

I had a dream last night that I was in a bookstore and looking for a book I couldn't find. I was also in the parking lot looking for my car, which I had lost. Later, I met up with a woman I went to high school with. There was a romantic connection between us. I am married by the way, but not to this woman. I also saw people I had went to high school with. Any ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 United States

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Bookstore and woman

Chris,
What are you searching for? Books contain knowledge and more specifically associated with dreams 'inner knowledge'. The lost car is you. Something has been lost and you are searching for it. It would most likely be related to those high school years and possibly romantic aspects. Is your marriage strong? Has there been recent experiences that caused you to think of those years in high school?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I've recently been taking therapy for my marriage. My wife and I are living apart at the moment. There was infidelity on my both our parts, but we have committed to work it out.
I can't really think of anything that would remind me of high school. I am living back in my hometown though, so that may be it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 United States

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Chris,
Again the question is 'what are you looking for?' The difficulties in your marriage, the infidelity, suggests it is at least partly 'romantic' aspects. Working out the difficulties may be central to the 'lost aspects'. Cars as well as houses are symbols for the dreamer with a car often representing the direction in life you are traveling. But there are probably deeper issues other than the strained marriage.
Why did you feel a need for romantic interests outside your marriage. The obvious answer would be you felt you were not getting it from your wife. But as is with 'many of us' there are underlying reasons, something built on early life experiences/influences that give cause to 'look for love in all the wrong places'.

As for the woman from high school. Returning to your hometown could be a stimulus for past experiences, and the inclusion in your dream. Those underlying influences I mentioned could be from such early life experiences. Look to family life, the original 'book' where you learned about life. Did your parents have difficulties in their marriage? Could the 'high school woman' be related to your mother in some aspect? Living apart while you try to make your marriage work places you back in a physical as well as an emotional environment that let's you give thought to that original book.
A lot to think about but that what dreams do. Make you think about the inner 'book' of your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present