Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Red slippers

After quite a long time, here's a short dream I had tonight.

I dreamed I was wearing a pair of very comfortable red slippers. I was sitting on a chair, looking at my feet wearing those slippers when I noticed that the right slipper was a little worn out and my toe was almost showing. I thought "Why is it that every time I find a comfortable, soft, nice slippers... they wear out so easily?" I was not sad, just wondering.
The truth in my waking life is that I got too tired at home (Spring cleaning etc.:) ) and I really needed those comfortable slippers!
Thanks for your attention Jerry.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Red slippers

Cynthia,
Lt's look at Hyperdictionary's take on the symbolism of 'slippers'.

To see or wear slippers in your dream, suggests that you are feeling sluggish and/or insecure. You feel that you do not have a strong foothold in some situation.

The dream could very well have been addressing your 'spring cleaning' tiredness.

But it most likely is addressing deeper issues. Your feet symbolically are the foundations of who you are. Although you are mostly 'comfortable' with your life there is some aspect that has been 'worn out' emotionally. The toe could represent a part of that foundation, or what makes up your life in the present, and the emotional associations are beginning to show. What is it that seems to always 'wear out' when you are just getting comfortable with it?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,

your last question put me into much thought....
Maybe it is that enough times, when I've felt emotionally "comfortable", I've been let down, disappointed. Not in an aggressive way, but as if people did not rise up to certain occasions. Enough times I've felt that because of love I've offered much of myself to friends and/or family but some times I've felt that they have taken my offer for granted. As if it is not as appreciated as I was expecting to. I don't know whether the others are emotionally greedy or I am expecting too much. It's just that when I feel comfortable in giving, chances are that enough times I feel this giving has been unnoticed or even useless. That's what your question made me think about. It just popped up into my mind!!
Thank you for your attention.
Cynthia

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Cynthia,
A little of both most likely. Not that your expectations are misplaced. Most can not live in the moment and because they are so wrapped in their own ego centered selves that either intentionally or unintentionally forget or don't know how to respect the other person. Our culture is about 'self' and it isn't getting any better. I believe it was in the 30s that Jung proclaimed America to be a neurotic nation. In the 21st century I believe the label should be a narcissist nation. Don't get me wrong, there are millions of well centered good people in the world but the masses have succumbed to the demands and expectations of the social dragon. They have little control over their lives and emotionally even less so. Ingredients for self destruction and if my sensations are correct that destruction will be environmental .

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present