Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tetragrammaton

Hello. I had what I thought was a lucid dream several years ago after the suicide of my older sister. I was distraught and looking for answers. One evening after falling into a deep sleep, I dreamt that I awoke to find that someone had left me a message on my cold window pane. Using their breath, they wrote the words "I am" followed by what looked like the egyptian eye of Horus and a series of symbols. This was in 1994 before I had real access to the internet. Many years later I Would discover that the symbols were the Tetragrammaton. Has anyone else seen anything like this? Am I to assume that I was contacted by something supernatural? Any insight would be appreciated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Cincinnati

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Tetragrammaton

Jon,
Such a short dream is hard to give a definite interpretation. But I will offer this and hopefully you will be able to fit the possibilities to your life.

I am one person who does not believe in the supernatural as something that is 'supernatural'. Everything in nature is 'natural' and anything that is 'supernatural' is something that is unexplained, thought of as being 'beyond nature'. Nothing is beyond nature but there are a lot of aspects in life that are unknown or unexplained.

I make the above statement to set the stage for my reply to your dream. The definition of Tetragrammaton.

The term Tetragrammaton (from Greek τετραγράμματον, meaning "[a word] having four letters") refers to the name of the God of Israel YHWH (Hebrew: יהוה‎ used in the Hebrew Bible.} masculine

The 4 letter word YHWH is short for Yahweh, the God of the old Testiment bible. One aspect of the meaning within the dream is dealing with 'God'.

Then there is the 'eye of Horus'. Let's examine that.

An Eye of Horus or Wedjat pendant. The Eye of Horus is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, royal power and good health. The eye is personified in the goddess Wadjet {feminine}.

The dream. Someone, an unconscious aspect of yourself, left a message {message from your unconscious} on your 'cold window pane'. My sense is the dream addressing one aspect {pane} of your life. Something that needs to be realized/seen {window} that is within the unconscious but has yet to become conscious. The cold window may denote feelings of isolation {due to the death of your sister}. But in the deeper sense there may be a sense of detachment from those parts of yourself that would make you whole as a person. That would be where the term Tetragrammaton, the masculine self on a higher 'plane', and eye of Horus, the feminine aspect, come into play. There is imbalance of these two vital aspects, a need to partner the masculine with the feminine aspects of your psyche to create a balance. I guess is you may be too one sided in your personality, too masculine and not enough feminine. The loss of your sister could have stimulated this unconscious realization {the unconscious dream trying to inform the conscious mind} since her loss would represent the loss of the feminine within you. God is neither masculine nor feminine, yet he/she is both masculine and feminine. In the psychological life of good health there has to be a balance. A one sided personality would be create an imbalance with the need to bring about whatever parts that are missing into the mix to balance the psyche. The 'I AM' is a reference to the 'God within', the higher SELF which is not just the God within but also the Goddess within. Balance.

I often use the phrase twat twam asi which means 'I am that, you are that, a reference to the God within us all which is symbolized by the 'praying hands'.

As to the nature aspect of supernatural. Dreams reveal what is in conflict emotionally. The archetypal references in your dream {the eye of Horus and Tetragrammaton can be interpreted as archetypal} may be addressing changes in your life at the time of the dream {brought about realizations associated with the death of your sister and perhaps the nature of her death}. These are natural aspects of life, the dream being therapeutic provided by nature to help resolve emotional conflicts {this concept alone can be thought of as supernatural}. The eye of Horus and Tetragrammaton would be addressing those higher aspects within you, a need to find the proper balance in your life so to live a harmonious, prosperous life.

Did you begin or were you in a transition at the time of your sister's death? Perhaps her death prompted such a transition, a great change in your life {archetypal images are common in dreams during such changes}.

Another possibility may be not only an imbalance of masculine/feminine within your psyche but your attitude in general toward women. Did you feel betrayed by your sister's suicide? What was your attitude toward men prior to her death? Something to consider from the dream and about yourself.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry. Thank you so much for your wonderful insight. I have to admit, I was way off on what my own interpretation of the dream was. I have to admit however, your interpretation of balance seems to make a lot more sense. Namaste.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Cincinnati

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Jon,
If you wish to share what you thought the dream was about it may be you had correct intentions. Dreams have more than one application, addressing two or more aspects of the dreamer's life. I may have correct assumptions about the dream but it doesn't necessarily mean you did not also. It is your dream and often what you 'sense' about a dream may have merit.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present