Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A diffident man

Good day Jerry, this is one of Nana's dreams.
I quote Nana

" I'm talking with a man who although looks strong and harsh, he is fearful and diffident. He and his girlfriend have been raped some time ago and even though he knows who has done this, he is afraid to go and confront him because he believes there is Mafia behind this man. I feel for him, I tell him he must DO something about it but soon, I sympathize I understand his fear, I touch his hand and tell him not to be that scared. He is shaking and crying, telling me his girlfriend has stopped talking to him ever since, because of his being so indecisive. Suddenly, I understand that the man who raped them, is Panos, my husband. I feel very bad about it even though deep inside I don't believe this is true. Anyway, those two people (he and his girlfriend) have arranged an appointment with him, in the afternoon. I know he's working and he'll probably be late in this appointment. He has much to do (busy man). I am ashamed of this incident and I hope and pray he finally is not the rapist."

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: A diffident man

Cynthia,
Unnamed people in a dream are often symbolic of aspects of the dreamer's psyche. In other words the man and woman would be part of Nanna. Rape is a 'violation' and experiences in her life would have affected her whole being. The violation could be an actual 'sexual violation' earlier in life {is there any evidence of sexual abuse in her early life?} as well as a statement on the relationship with her husband {Panos}. That 'violation' need not be sexual {although sex could be involved} but could be other experiences where she feels violated by him.

The need to confront the issue by the inner male would suggest possible repression of past experiences. It would take 'masculine qualities' to be brave enough to force these issues into the open. Tat part of Nanna, certain masculine aspects, have been damaged along with the possible real life experiences of the feminine self.

The arranged appointment may be pointing to Nanna's therapy. But there are aspects that keep Nanna from fully engaging {the man being late} in this therapy. That could be the repression of past traumatic experiences in her life.

This part of the dream could also be an expression of feelings directed to Panos. Does he have tendency not to be prompt in his response to her needs? His actions may not be as dreadful as actual early life experiences but those emotions coupled with a lack of understanding on his part may make him a 'villain'. Nanna is unclear on parts of this relationship and is hopeful Panos is not the villain in other aspects of the relationship.
On the other hand if there are abusive experiences with Panos then the emotional conflicts being addressed in the dream would be related to early life experiences.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A diffident man

As Nana says, it's true, she often feels that Panos is not respecting her views, he often takes initiatives on family matters without asking her opinion, he sometimes talks harshly to her even in front of friends. Nana says that when he kind of insults her in front of friends, she becomes more aggressive than him and talks back in a more harsh way!! She feels he is antagonistic to her and , yes, she feels this behaviour is a kind of rape. As for past experiences, she had the same problem with her father who she loved and respected much, but was also afraid of him so she was never expressing herself the way she wished. She's not afraid of Panos, but as I said above, he -like her father- seems not to believe she has the right to have opinion on all matters that concern her family. On some aspects, Panos believes he's the only one who knows best, so he takes action without asking her. I'm sending a new dream of her which I believe is a follow up of your interpretation to this one!!
C. :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present