Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
About my parents

I quote Nana
" A reception in the Piraeus Philological Club where my mother is member, is organized. To honour my mother. Although I felt it was boring, I went there. It was to start at 8:30, the hour had passed, it was 11:30 and my mother had not come yet. That's when my fried Beatrice calls me and tells me that by mistake she has gone to some other Hall and asks me what she must do. I tell her not to worry, nothing has started in here so she may do as she wishes - she says she's tired, so she leaves and doesn't come to the Club.
I see a waiter with whom we had a polite relationship in general, but tonight I'm upset with him as he tries to cover up all this mess with the unacceptable delay of the whole ceremony. I guess all this delay is because the Mayor of Pireaus, tasted the food to be served, did not find it tasty and ordered that the whole menu should be done from the beginning.
I live at Vouliagmeni and my parents live at Piraeus but they visit me regularly. I am too upset with my mother for this whole mess (she never showed to the Club as she went somewhere else), she did not even tell me she wouldn't show so that I could stay home and not get into all this trouble (as I said, I was bored to go) . I walk with my father and I complain to him about all this. I remember that I was holding my two cats under my arms. On the right side my female cat Clementine (don't remember the left side cat). It's getting dark and I feel my cats are thirsty and I got to give them water. I'm also a bit scared my parents will go to their Piraeus home while I'll stay in mine at Vouliagmeni. This is kind of ridiculous, as this is my home I've been living for years. Yet, should I move for a while at Piraeus with them?? We were about to play "Hide and Seek" for adults! I've played that again and I enjoy it. Only, we had used the candy store to play this game in and now it's Monday and the candy store is closed... My father says he's tired, I tell him to relax and not to stress himself as I'm afraid of the stroke he already had."
Thank you Jerry.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: About my parents

Cynthia,
I will provide my thoughts on Nanna's latest dream either later today or in the morning.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Cynthia,
The dream seems to be addressing the relationship with Nanna's parents, especially her mother. The city of Piraeus, being a seaside/port city, is probably a symbol for Nanna's psyche. The dream would addressing the actual relationship with her mother. There is not much of that relationship, her mother isn't there when needed. Nanna is the Mayor, of her own psyche. Covering up all the mess, the waiter is male, is what she is doing psychologically. The emotional nourishment {food on the menu} is lacking, it has been since the beginning.

The rest of the dream looks to be very straightforward {unusual for dreams}. The cats are Nanna's feminine psyche. The right side of anything usually represents the 'social being'. The home at Piraeus would represent the relationship with her parents {different from her current life at Vouliagmeni}. The 'hide and seek' would be the psychological search for meaning in the relationship with her parents. Moving in with her parents for a short time is her searching the depths of her psyche concerning the relationship. She is seeking the joys{candy} of parent/child relationship. Both parents are 'tired', not active in the relationship. Even in the present where the father has grown old. Nanna seems to blame her mother for all the 'mess' in her life. The candy is the joys associated with a beneficial relationship. The store is closed. Seeking but having never found the nourishment she needs. From either parent.

There may be elements of recent experiences with Nanna's parents. It could be an actual real life experience {where again there is disappointment} or/and having to do with recent psychological search involving the relationship with her parents.

Other possible aspects the dream, besides the Nanna/parent relationship.
How old is Nanna? Does she have children? If so what type relationship does she have with her them? Does she possess traits inherent from her mother? If she has children it may be addressing both aspects of parenthood. Her parents and herself as a parent. That may what is 'important' about this dream.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I quote Nana's response
" Jerry, it is true my relationship with my mother has always been difficult and I understood all this when I grew up, after going into Therapy. Up to then, even if I was hurt, I was always protective to her - I still am. There has been a time I was too angry about her, especially after my brother's suicide. After this period I realized that she just could not give me what I needed - not because she was not loving me or appreciating me, but because she just had nothing to give to me. Still, I have a pain about it, I feel I have never been enough protected as a child, I feel my parents were "absent" even if they loved me.
I believe I have inherited some aspects of my mother's character : I'm vivid, I need to be respected I need to feel special and I get antagonistic some times, still I am highly insecure.
I am 51yo. and I have a 23yo son (Chris). I often question myself if I've been a good mother to him - I can't really answer to this! Still, I think I've given him tenderness, a warm embrace and sometimes maybe I "choke" him with my offering. When he was younger, I was more reserved and austere with his upbringing, I only got softer after I started therapy. I wonder though, what's been built inside of him - about me...
Thank you for your attention Jerry
Nana"

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Cynthia - Nana,
Dreams reflect/reveal our emotional conflicts. Your conflicting emotions about your mother, and being a mother, are a natural aspect of the therapeutic value of dreams. Working through those conflicts, your therapy, will bring about clarity to who you are and what steps you need to take to resolve them.

As for how your son may have evolved from his upbringing and how your attitude as a mother affected that evolution, look back and inward. If you analyze those years and your attitude during that period of time you will be able to see that 'mother' that you were. As with old filmed reruns of 'Lucy' or the 'Beaver', what was originally cast is the true experience that can never change. If you watch enough of the 'reruns' the outcome will become clear.

The early life experiences and influences in every child's life is a major determiner of how life will evolve as an adult. Just as with the lack of 'mothering' in your childhood that has left this major void in your life as an adult, so too with the experiences with your son. We all have emotional wounds of some type related to childhood years. Your dreams are reflective of who you are in the present as well as what led to that 'you'. You can examine your dreams for clues to that personality, or you can take the time to consciously examine those years and see what was there. The debate about nature vs nurture is a false argument. It is both. The nurture is about you, the nature is about your son. Nurture will affect nature but it is the two elements together that ultimate determine the final outcome.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present