Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photos and Demonstrations

Good day Jerry. I quote Nana

" I'm looking at some of my childhood photos. In a strange way, they have voice too! I listen to what I'm saying through these photos and I'm showing them to my mother who becomes emotional. I believe she gets emotional not because she remembers ME as a child but because she remembers how SHE was those years. I'm focusing on my features and I think I'm not of exceptional beauty, yet, I like me. I somehow do NOT want my mother to get this sensitiveness out of these photos - I think I get angry instead!
I'm also looking at the photo of my daughter (in waking life I have a son) who, although I feel I gave birth to her just recently, she already is 20 years old. I'm showing her picture to my friend Beatrice. She's a beautiful girl with blue eyes and I'm proud about her.

-----

I live in a foreign country, where a huge demonstration is going on. Police is hitting people and I have to get out as we're leaving home. I run out and hide behind a bus, believing no one would find me. Police is using gas and things get difficult. I notice a good looking, mysterious man, staring at me. My friend Deppy is trying to mend a broken doll that broke during the upheaval. This man is talking to Deppy in an insulting way while she is using glue to put the pieces together again. The doll pieces do not stick together though. And I start disliking this man for being ironic to my friend and I don't want them to find out I liked him at the start."
Thank you Jerry.
C.
-----------

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Photos and Demonstrations

Cynthia,
The childhood photos are Nanna's reflection on her childhood years. This is the dream and the 'voice' is from the deep unconscious. It is this unconscious aspect that is speaking to her.
The 'mother' is her also. This mother has aspects/traits her true mother possesses. There are aspects that are 'not beautiful' but overall Nanna is satisfied with who she is. She does not want those negative qualities she shares with her mother to 'shadow' those positive/sensitive qualities. Anger would be one of those negative qualities.

The new birth to the daughter is a new beginning available to Nanna, if she would recognize the negatives that need to be overcome in her psyche. This is something she already is aware of {20 years old}. Becoming that new person would be a beautiful world for her to live in.

Second Dream
Foreign countries usually represent aspects 'foreign' to the conscious mind. The unconscious is 'demonstrating' these aspects through the dream. The police beating you may fit 'a super-ego symbol representing taboos stemming from childhood'. These are aspects in your life that need to be 'let out or more appropriate 'let go'. But Nanna is hiding behind other aspects of her personality {bus}, likely other negative aspects. The good looking man may be a real person. The broken doll is Nanna {and could be a real experience in her childhood}. The glue she uses to 'hide' doesn't hold things together. The man she liked 'in the beginning' may have been someone she trusted. She may have lost her trust due to childhood experiences {are there problems with trusting men in adulthood?}.
As for Deppy. Qualities, perhaps even experiences' about her may be something Nanna identifies with. The 'ironic' aspect may be alluding to such identifications.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I forwarded your translated interpretation to Nana and I'm waiting for her comments. These days she's very much busy (seminar) so I guess she'll be a bit late.
Thank you

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

I quote Nana

" In the first dream that's what really angers me in waking life too : My mother has not really loved me for what I AM but she was interested in how my presence influences HER image! While I was always trying to find out who I really am and whether beautiful or not, to love me. Maybe I'm finally like my mother as many times I care a lot of how others see me whether I'm well accepted and liked and not whether they really love me.

In the second dream, I experienced a lot of agony while hiding and running to escape. I believe this man whom I liked and disliked at the same time (because of the broken doll) has to do with my father. My father whom I sometimes adored, sometimes I was scared of. I sometimes was his precious doll and sometimes he was controlling me and terrifying me. As for Deppy, she's not a close friend. She's a distant personality and uses Reason too much. I can say she reminds me of my mother's personality and consequently I identify with her.
Thank you for your care, Jerry "

stats from 7-14-10 to the present