Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A strange diamond

Good day Jerry, here's a dream I had tonight.

I saw Rosa -she's a friend, not a close one though- and it seems I had done some big favour to her. In my dream I knew what this favour was about, but now I can't recall it. She was much obliged by this, so she told me "My mother wants to thank you for what you have done for me and she offers you this big, very special diamond" She hands me a.... short transparent glass of water!! I look at the glass and I wonder what kind of a diamond can this be!! The truth is I was not doubting Rosa! I believed it was a diamond. Next, she showed me the bottom of the glass where there was a tiny little crack from where a small diamond (classic diamond as we know it!) was coming out. As if this was a proof that the whole glass was real diamond. I was amazed. I asked her if she was sure her mother wanted me to have such an expensive thing as a gift and she reassured me that that was exactly her wish. She thanked me again and I was holding the small glass in my hands, being much satisfied from this gift and appreciation.
Have a wonderful Sunday, Jerry.
Cynthia :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: A strange diamond

Cynthia,
I am assuming this is your dream and not Nanna's.

Rosa would most likely represent some aspect of your own psyche. Qualities that the 'real' Rosa possesses may fit with your qualities or may be qualities you need to incorporate. The big favor may represent something big that you would gain from these qualities, if you could recognize what they are.

Diamonds are often symbolic of the whole Self, the true self. Being given a diamond may be receiving clarity to some thing about yourself. You need to recognize this aspect, make it transparent to your conscious mind. The doubting could represent not wanting to address or having yet recognize this issue/aspect.

Diamonds are perfect and a crack would represent a crack in this self as you think of yourself {this may go to those qualities Rosa possesses or shared with her}. The mother may represent a 'higher' quality or aspect. Realizing what this is that will make you perfect, a negative aspect perhaps you possess that needs to be realized, would make you a more perfect person. It would be a 'gift' to understand this aspect. The hold the answer within yourself and when you realize/recognize what it is you will be satisfied with yourself.

Touching all bases we need to look at recent experiences that may help explain the dream {other than as well as along with the above}. Your age is something to consider since matching the stages of the psyche are important in interpreting dreams {at mid life we tend to start to look back while in early life we tend to look forward}. There may have been recent events that have to do with the dream. Are there any such experiences that have to do with 'favors'? The diamond would likely be symbolic, something that is valuable. This experience would probably make you a better person, a more valuable person to yourself and others. Something a mother would approve of.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,
Rosa is an artist. She's a Painter, a good one! She's a gentle lady with a pure soul, not happy in her personal life and with many health problems. What I appreciate in her, aside her talent, is that although she's not so well physically, she never gives up, always trying, always patient. What I don't like is that she's talking too loud, laughing too loud, I feel a bit embarrassed when we meet in public places as everybody turns heads when she's talking!
Now let me tell you the facts of the day before my dream. I have a very close friend and she's expecting her twins in June. She's facing expenses and she's not rich. Now, when my mother died, she left a small Bank account. So yesterday, I told my friend that I will buy for her the two cradles she needs. She told me she knows this period economy is difficult, I'm not rich either, so my offer would be too much. I responded that this is what my mother would want me to do. If my mother was alive, she would definitely give her this money to help her buy the cradles, so here I am, doing just the same using money from my mother's account. Now, after this deduction, the account has a very small amount of money but believe me, I do not care at all. On the contrary, something inside me is telling me I'm doing the right thing and if our beloved deceased can see us, I know my mother would agree with what I decided to do and would be smiling.
That's why I believe -after reading your interpretation- that this dream is an answer to my decision : My mother "is" happy, I did the right thing!
What do you think about this? Can it be so? I mean, can it be that my Higher Self sends me a message that my psyche is right for feeling so good, not taking into account any practical difficulties - like ...money shortage! :)
Thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Cyntha,
Yes, that could be part of the intent of the dream. Age has a lot to do in dream interpretation with each dream having at least two applications. In your case what would need to be considered is 1} the more recent personal experiences and 2}the deeper possibilities to the dream. If there is a recognition of one or the other then you must believe that is what the dream is addressing. At the age of 30 such intent of a dream is usual, more so than the deeper issues {unless there are deep psychological conflicts that need to be address and your psyche is of the type that brings it to the surface at an early age}. As the saying goes when it comes to dreams, if the shoe fits it must be yours.

But don't overlook the deeper possibilities. At this point in your life the primary issues in that you are focused will probably be current experiences. But we all have deep psychological issues that need examination. Usually the deeper stuff comes up from the unconscious later in life, mid-life to be more exact. Give more examination to the dream and the interpretation and see if there are pieces that fit in early life. Or with deeper emotional issues.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present