Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hands

Hello -

I dreamed I was looking at very large disembodied hands. In my dream I believed these were the hands of someone who has hurt me in the past, someone who has not been fair. ( Although I keep going back and forth what was his true intentions were) I was looking at them with somebody else I think a manicurist and nothing how un-maintained they were. ( I am a consultant, not a manicurist) There was a little bid of blood on the cuticles and the hands were black and blue. Then she pointed out to me another set of his hands after they were maintained. Again these were his hands but they looked a lot better, they were normal color and not bloody around the cuticles. What does this mean? What does my unconscious trying to tell me?
Thanks
Oya

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45, California, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Hands

Oya,
I will take a detailed look at your dream in the morning when my 'intuitive' mind is at its best. But there does seem to be a 'back and forth' aspect to the dream that may reflect a lot of thinking about an emotional issue in your life. Can you pin point such an issue that is recent?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry -
Thank you. Yes - I recently left a job that was very diminishing and really not engaging my skills. There was an opportunity for a global position within the company, but it was not actually clear what the job would be, as the job was not posted. It was just one of the directors whom I work closely with was trying to create the position. I also had a strange relationship, or say a connection with the director of the department I actually worked in. Although, the attraction was very strong, nothing happened, but I was feeling the inappropriateness of the relationship. Also, these two directors hated each other. The one who was trying to create the position thought I was very good, but again overall he also liked to diminish people. I cannot say I was really excited about the opportunity.

I talked to my director about not being really happy and he told me to look back and connect the dots, and when I did that I realized I was much more suited for my old job with my old company which is consulting. I approached my old company and got a job offer. I told him and he helped me negotiate my salary. I turned in my resignation and the other director got very upset and wanted to make things right and keep me there. Everyone who knew was very upset that I was leaving. But my director literally pushed me out and there were big fights between the two of them. He told me he wanted to stay connected and that he would always be there for me etc.

After I left, I heard he hired one of the contractors who has been there for a long time as a principle consultant at a higher pay rate than me. This was probably in works, as it only took two weeks.

I know where I am right now is a better place for me. I am doing what i do best. THis I have no doubt at all. You cannot be a consultant in that type of environment. It would have only been a title... But it still hurts that he could not do that for me. What were his intentions? Did he get close to me and build this connection so I would not go work for the other director?

I need to forgive and let it go... I know I do.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Oya,
The dream does seem to fit with this conflict from your professional life. The unfairness you noted from the dream, the true intentions, the two sets of hands {the two directors}, as well as the 'back and forth' in making your decision {which could address not only the job positions but the relationships as well}. The normal color of the hands {hands representing your abilities} may represent the comfort with your ultimate decision to change positions and knowing you are in a place you should be.

With any interpretation of a dream, if it fits your waking life, it must true. Dreams are all about the true self.

Your recognition of the 'back and forth' applying to your employment situation illustrates how an interpretation should work. No one, not even the great Carl Jung could say exactly what a dream means. We can only offer suggestions that direct the dreamer to the possibilities. It is left to the dreamer to determine where those may fit. A skilled interpreter of dreams will be able to offer the correct suggestions. Understanding Jungian psyche is the primary source of being able to do this. Possessing an intuitive mind {something that can be enhanced} is another part of the skill factor. Recognizing what is offered often indicates the dreamer also possesses intuitive skills. Your putting it all together says volumes about your skills of recognition {intuitiveness is an unconscious recognition of truth}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you. So, you think I already know what it means. You are right. I am very intuitive.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present