Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Staring into the eyes of God.

First off, just want to say that psychology and dream interpretation have always really interested me.

This is the most powerful dream I've ever had, it was probably about a year ago, so I know it doesn't hold much bearing on my current daily life, its just something I've always wondered about.

Here we go....

My family of six at the time (Before brother and sister moved out) were going to some social function or outing. I remembered it involved 1000's of people. We were in a large city (Didn't recognize it but in the dream it felt like I lived there)

We, along with what seemed like every other family in the city, gathered in an ENORMOUS stone building. I mean, this thing was huge. Like literally the size of a small town. The entire building, all of its structure from bottom to top were made of thick, solid, gray stone. As cold as it sounds, it was a very comfortable place. Everyone in the massive crowd seemed happy to be there, including me. Every family had their own room. A single room that was very large, roughly the size of an average house lot. No walls, just a room with beds and living facilities. I ran to my bed which was a bunk bed (I slept on a bunk bed in actual life at the time) and I had a girl with me. I don't remember who it was but I know we had romantic feelings for eachother. I had an on-again/off-again girlfriend at the time who I was very seriousabout and faithful to. Me and the girl jumped on the bed and laid down as the rest of my family settled in.

Suddenly, as if from nowhere, there was a huge comotion in the main hall of the building. We all rushed out to what was a frenzied crowd of people rushing outside. We worked our way through the crowd (By 'we' I mean my family and friends who were there) and escaped the crowd to get outside. Everyone's face was washed over with amazement as they stared over the face of the building.

I turned around and saw what it was. It was a gigantic series of rainbows hanging in the sky above the building. There had to be at least 20 of them. Decorating the sky in a perfectly semetrical manner. Some were huge others were small. Then the sky got really bright and what happened next I can only describe as 'the heavens opening' an undescribable light illuminated the world and I remember hearing really dramatic music in my head (Music is in alot of my dreams).

I specifically remember my dad was next to me. We both, along with everyone else, dropped to our knees as closed our eyes as we didn't feel worthy to gaze upon this. I could feel God (I'm a pretty religious guy). But i also remember my best friend was behind me, he didn't collapse with everyone, in fact he was behind me poking me and grabbing me and trying to wrestle and distract me. I tried to wave him off but he persisted. This lasted a few moments then the sky went back to normal. Then my dad arose and told me 'your mother died' in a very solemn tone.

I was over taked with grief and wandered, tear drenched, into the parking lot of this building. I remember staring out at a park adjacent to the stone building and focusing on an intricate lamppost for a moment before collapsing between two cars and crying. Then I spooted my other best friend leaving a nearby appartment building, carrtying a bicycle down a flight of stairs. He rode his bike over to me and asked what was wrong. I said 'my mom died' He consoled me, and I woke up.

I know its really long, sorry. But it was the most powerful dream I've ever had. I threw in every single tiny detail i could remember because I know that sometimes those mean things.

An interpretation would bring me alot of peace. Anything you can do here?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Staring into the eyes of God.

Chris,
If you look at the hugh stone building as metaphor for your family life then the dream may begin to make some sense. 'Your' dreams are addressing 'your' emotional life and how that life is at the time of your dream. The size of the building would represent the size of your family, at least your opinion of size compared to other families {large families are no longer the norm}. Thus, this aspect of the dream, the everyday life experiences are presented as a hugh {family members}, stone {strong family unit}, building.

But the building is 'gray', and although comfortable may not be all that you wish for.

The 'commotion' would probably represent some type of conflict within this family unit {your emotions having to do with the family}. This would be an 'out of ordinary' experience, something that had to be 'worked through'. Was there such an event at the time of the dream?

The rainbows would be those positive aspects in your life, big and small. They may also represent expectations. The world is ready to open up to those expectations. Could it be they have to do with music {the muse}?

Then you hear your mother had died. Death in a dream seldom if ever represents an actual death of a real person. It could be an emotional fear of your mother dying. But likely 'she' represents your higher feminine self. Just as God represents your higher masculine self {you must put religion aside when it comes to dreams and look at the deeper spiritual aspects inherent in nature}. If this is the case, your father {masculine attitudes} tells you your mother {feminine aspects} has died, which may mean some vital feminine aspect within your psyche has died/changed, or is threatening to to do so. Could this be the 'commotion' within the family noted earlier in the dream?

In your dream you can feel God. But your friend {a positive aspect within you} is tugging at you. Being male also, he would represent you in a smaller aspect, something within your life that is tugging at you. This aspect is something you are wrestling with. This may to do with 'God', perhaps to do with the religious aspects of your life. Something is trying to distract you from these roots. What could that be?

The 'tear drench' episode occurred because your 'mother' had died. If this is not your real mother, as I pointed out earlier concerning death in a dream, then it could represent higher feminine aspects. What could those aspects be?
Look to the Muse for possible answers. As in music. A brief definition of the Muse

The Muses (Ancient Greek αἱ μοῦσαι, hai moũsai: perhaps from the o-grade of the Proto-Indo-European root *men- "think") in Greek mythology, poetry, and literature are the goddesses who inspire the creation of literature and the arts. They were considered the source of the knowledge, related orally for centuries in the ancient culture, that was contained in poetic lyrics and myths.

One aspect of the higher feminine would be the muses, for which music is a part. Are there expectations/ambitions/thoughts having to do with music that posed some conflict within the strong religious family unit? Have these expectations/ambitions/thoughts 'died' or in danger of dying? Give some thought to this possibility as well as looking at the many dreams with music in them. You may find associations that fit with your waking life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Chris,
To add a bit mote to my interpretation, the hugh building could also be metaphor for your own expansive psyche. That would go to commenting on personality traits, something I often find in dreams. And although your family life may be solid {assuming this is a truth and not a wish} there is something lacking. Growing up in a masculine/patriarchal environment {Western, as well as most other religions have that dominant patriarchal aspect} would not be conduit to a good 'feminine' psyche {we all have a god and goddess within, those higher qualities that take us to the highest level of being}. Having an expansive psyche you would likely seek out truths beyond what you have learned in your family environment. This may be what has 'died', or seems to be that way. As my spiritual teacher, Joseph Campbell taught, to find true happiness, harmony, balance in life you must 'follow your bliss', that thing in life you love doing most. Discovering what that bliss is may be the hardest part in a young life. Following that path to wholeness is a life's journey. Living it is truly bliss.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks alot. I tried 'interpreting' it myself. But what you came up with makes a lot more sense.

You are very good at what you do.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, California

stats from 7-14-10 to the present